LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Article mentions that all LCA MK1 will be delivered by 2028-29. By this rate IAF and IN will get MK2 TEDBF by who knows when.
LCA MK1 A deliveries will be completed by 2028. The Airforce is going to get their 1st aircraft by 2024 and with around 16 aircrafts per year, the deliveries should get completed by 2028-2029 .
They appear mentioned IOC Mark2 will start delivery from 2027... So the production of MWF & LCA will go on some by some for some time, not one starting after completion of the other as many here are thinking.

That's also taking into consideration if any export orders are secured by LIFT (but given that China has managed <20 exported FC-1 despite aggressive marketing, some get your hopes up).

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Can tejus mk1a carry brahmos? Its mostly going to be in an interceptor role in IAF. Unlike our neighbour who uses a flying toilet hinges for strikes,interceptor,maritime,nuclear delivery etc.

Kumata

Country flag
Can tejus mk1a carry brahmos? Its mostly going to be in an interceptor role in IAF. Unlike our neighbour who uses a flying toilet hinges for strikes,interceptor,maritime,nuclear delivery etc.
Doesn't make sense for a interceptor to carry brahmos...

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Doesn't make sense for a interceptor to carry brahmos...
I didn't meant that way.I meant in a dire situation is tejus capable of carrying it?

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
I didn't meant that way.I meant in a dire situation is tejus capable of carrying it?
Maybe Brahmos NG
Can't provide any sources though
Take my word for it 😊

Chinmoy

Country flag
Then why we need astra mk3- sfdr( desi meteor)?
Because at same range, a ducted RAMJET missile is far better then a Dual Pulsed one on technical aspect. But on commercial aspect a Dual Pulsed missile is far cheaper then a RAMJET one.

So as @Bleh said, you get the option to use any of these as per need.

Emperor Kalki

Country flag

Rest of the body of the R-73 on pylon didn't vanish, it's placed with R-73 that was fired. Otherwise mid-body would be available for both, still attached to pylon.

Smart move πŸ‘Œ but they overlooked to do it from the start... Here we saw both, I (not fired) & IV (fired) in their original display. View attachment 75403

ANYWAYS THIS CRAP HAS BEEN DISCUSSED BEFORE & THIS NOT THE THREAD. PISS OFF OR PM THEM.

@Indx TechStyle @Hariharan_kalarikkal @Flying Dagger can you guys stop, you couldn't point out the fallacy in Pork's argument anyway?..
Should have just given him the whole damn thing rather than just the pics.....
Sir with due respect in order to fire missile you need to get it off from pylon, and here on can clearly see its tail section still with jet so obviously it wasn't fired because no one can fire half missile

View attachment 75402
There......now go read....and whatever you think of it, just keep it to yourself.....
Or find the appropriate thread for it and continue your discussion there....

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Good that u said it.....
I was about to take a dive in.......
So let me just keep it simple....
One word: Throttle
That's it :yo:
No ok, elaborate a bit on this.

I've overlooked "throttle" how?
Brahmos-NG is slated to be 1500kg. Inboard wing pylons on Tejas might be able to bear such load, or maybe not. Don't bet on it.

Expect RudraM-1/2/3 as it ASM, if any... not Brahmos-NG. NAShM too maybe.

Last edited:

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
They stretched it so long that I wanna be excited but I'm not

And
What's the news about our LIFT variant pitched to the US navy....any updates?

Defcon 1

Country flag
They stretched it so long that I wanna be excited but I'm not

And
What's the news about our LIFT variant pitched to the US navy....any updates?
This is definitely a news to be excited. This is the single biggest order of an indigenous weapon system in the history of India. Finally a significant % of our capital procurement is going to develop our own MIC. This will lead to much bigger deals in coming years.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles