LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

dumdumdum

Country flag
I guess u mean this

Yes correct. Isn't he saying that GE is no more part of equation and that the only contract will be inked by IAF with GE for the engines already ordered and in use for MK1. So MK1A will be free of GE engines?

notaname

Country flag
Yes correct. Isn't he saying that GE is no more part of equation and that the only contract will be inked by IAF with GE for the engines already ordered and in use for MK1. So MK1A will be free of GE engines?
No he is saying GE will be supplying engine but will not manufacture here in India will not get any TOT from them, they will only provide details to air force so that we can maintain the engines

Kumata

Country flag
Ok thank you. I got unnecessarily excited then..
I Guess , DRDO have made significant progress with kaveri...If he is saying that DRDO is setting up a fighter engine complex.. that means only one this....or may be french helped subtly to cross the line.. what ever it's good news...

GE engines are coming assembled and they just need to be integrated....

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I guess u mean this

She didn't understood anything he said... Was completely unaware... and repeated the same question.. again 🤣😂

Did I hear this correctly? Is he saying that MK1A will not fly with GE engines but with Indian ones and that GE has been kicked out of this contract?
No he didn't said that but we will not be manufacturing them here as per the original plan but will only do maintenance etc .

And we will be trying to develop our own engine separately.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I Guess , DRDO have made significant progress with kaveri...If he is saying that DRDO is setting up a fighter engine complex.. that means only one this....or may be french helped subtly to cross the line.. what ever it's good news...

GE engines are coming assembled and they just need to be integrated....
French company Safran have been offered to do away with the offset by providing tech for engine which they might have taken

Else RR is available to help us out let's see.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Even if HAL is not organisation known for their timely deliveries their end product quality is good.unlike a aerospace company in the nieghbor hood who adds cheap toilet hinges on fighterjets and tells it is millenium falcon from star wars.

Abhay Rajput 02

Something btw 150 -180 km for 1m2 rcs
Depends on peak power and TRM modules configuration.
As you know elta radar has 3 different variants - some 300, 500 and 1000+. we have on jaguar the 300 trm variant and with lcamk1a we might get 500 trm . so in my opinion its range will be at best against non stealth plane will not be more 150km . and i mean tracking range not detection range. thales radar would have been better choice as it has similar capabilties and it can use meteor missile effectively too.

Tuco

Country flag
No, I asked because I know that there's some bullshit rule that single-engined jets can't fly over Rajpath (as if everything else they're flying is not more likely to crash.)

Try & get a video if you can.
Yup only twin engined planes are allowed.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
No, I asked because I know that there's some bullshit rule that single-engined jets can't fly over Rajpath (as if everything else they're flying is not more likely to crash.)

Try & get a video if you can.
Tejas got a waiver in 2017 and I think this year too we had plans to showcase it in front of UK PM .

It's our Lovechild isko sab allowed hain 😍

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles