LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Cruise missile

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No...what I know that LCA Tejas will get pod based irst..... without wasting a station....now you think ..how it's possible
Not an internal one...
Work is on .....
In aero india we may get some news
I think it will be pylon based.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Despite the Paki dillsuions is it not reasonable to think that China will be able to install the IRAST of J 10 In blocks 3?
China is not the constraint, pakistan is. From what I have understood about the JF17 project, it is much slower that pakistanis would like us to believe. They are getting basic stuff like FBW in all axis only dual seater version. Also there are cost constraints.

In block 2, all they got was IFR and some structural strengthening.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
JF 17 isn't a competitor for Tejas, it's like comparing a wolf and a Lion.
More like mad-dog & wolf... There's no comparison, but if wolf is careless it'll be fucked.
Who said Jf17 Block 3 is getting IRST?
Chinks have been trying to operationalise these IRST & SPJ pods, with unknown degree of success. Whether they'll feature in Blk3 can't be predicted.
Ppq7q.jpg
4596468900f2e9559e3df90e3285df16.jpg

After shifting refueling probe I think there is some space left.
No...what I know that LCA Tejas will get pod based irst..... without wasting a station....now you think ..how it's possible
Not an internal one...
Work is on .....
In aero india we may get some news
Can't be on nose, the MWF needs a noseplug for it. It'll be either a pod or a pylon-mounted one (as hardpoints are in short supply).

We're trying this.
IMG_20201202_132819.jpg

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
China is not the constraint, pakistan is. From what I have understood about the JF17 project, it is much slower that pakistanis would like us to believe. They are getting basic stuff like FBW in all axis only dual seater version. Also there are cost constraints.

Bro continue in jf17 thread please

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Also we should be able to compile the productions rate for this year soon.

Cruise missile

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
More like mad-dog & wolf... There's no comparison, but if wolf is careless it'll be fucked.
Chinks have been trying to operationalise these IRST & SPJ pods, with unknown degree of success. Whether they'll feature in Blk3 can't be predicted. View attachment 68753View attachment 68754

Can't be on nose, the MWF needs a noseplug for it. It'll be either a pod or a pylon-mounted one (as hardpoints are in short supply).

We're trying this. View attachment 68756
That pyon mounted IRST will also act as MAWS.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Ok hal has already started procuring raw materials for tejas mk1a
Some chatter says ...mk1a deal is going to be signed in December only with another deal
Also hal is very optimistic on hal lch order in near future

And in another news hal is going to supply aircraft lrus,spares etc to a foreign country for 3 years ,the aircraft type is not known might be mig29 or su 30 operating countries

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

Structural strengthening will increase the weight and further worsen the agility. They can not reengineer the plane with structural strengthening without adding the weight.

Trololo

Country flag
Chinks have been trying to operationalise these IRST & SPJ pods, with unknown degree of success. Whether they'll feature in Blk3 can't be predicted. View attachment 68753View attachment 68754

We're trying this. View attachment 68756
MWF is having the nose mounted IRST for sure.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles