LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Because it's a piece of shit, with shit operational record. Chinese Derby based BVRs are much better with longer range.

Jf-17 has no chance against modern fighters is a massively incorrect understatement Indian tell themselves to feel better... The platform, engine etc. are subpar. Most of the tech is pretty decent,
Bro derby is a good bvr than r77 but ....
And I have heard raghunath Nambiar sir saying in livefist show that.....we wanted to make Tejas as like a western fighter s.....
May be that's the reason they put derby on it...
Bdw my statement on jf17 ...is. From feb27 incident......
Paf f16 were closed to loc
And jf17 s were deep in Pakistan
And Sameer Joshi said in twitter that 2 mirage 2000 stopped many jf16s
Also we know that 2 su30s stopped many f16s
Bhai my thought is that we can put many modern avionics ..and weapons on a platform....but we can't change its aerodynamic disadvantages

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Bro derby is a good bvr than r77 but ....
And I have heard raghunath Nambiar sir saying in livefist show that.....we wanted to make Tejas as like a western fighter s.....
May be that's the reason they put derby on it...
Bdw my statement on jf17 ...is. From feb27 incident......
Paf f16 were closed to loc
And jf17 s were deep in Pakistan
And Sameer Joshi said in twitter that 2 mirage 2000 stopped many jf16s
Also we know that 2 su30s stopped many f16s
Bhai my thought is that we can put many modern avionics ..and weapons on a platform....but we can't change its aerodynamic disadvantages
That's the user's incompetence. Im taking technology.

Last edited:

Roland55

Country flag
The problem I see with the JF-17 (when compared to other options, including the tejas) it’s longevity and maintenance, the Pakistani aircraft airframe has only 3000hs of service life, compared to something like 9000hs on the tejas (or 8000hs on the Kfir). And then the engines have to be sent to Russia/pak for inspection, something that happens very often. Sure it’s cheap, but you’re making too much compromises

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
The problem I see with the JF-17 (when compared to other options, including the tejas) it’s longevity and maintenance, the Pakistani aircraft airframe has only 3000hs of service life, compared to something like 9000hs on the tejas (or 8000hs on the Kfir). And then the engines have to be sent to Russia/pak for inspection, something that happens very often. Sure it’s cheap, but you’re making too much compromises
JF 17 isn't their legacy project its just a last ditch effort to keep their Air force afloat.
Anything is acceptable to them.

If Biden does not give them a relif on F 16 than there air force will further crumble.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
For example?
Mate, have look at its cockpit. HUD is decent, thankfully lacks HMDS. Got add-on IRST & jammer pod almost operational.

Most importantly the Chinese enhanced Derby has longer range & R73 presently on Tejas is absolutely shit (missed a bloody flare at exercise).
Yes, the base platform share the unreliability & maintainability issues of its Russian origin. Plus the Chinese tech quality is dubious. The design is pretty "meh".

I trust the readers understand that's not what I was talking about.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
look at its design with large lavcon. It should give the plane early lift but it takes double the time of Tejas to take off. It is not an aerodynamically refined design. It has poor T/W ratio. Even if it is upgraded with Chinese stuff such as its AESA etc, it will remain a poor plane with lots of vulnerabilities. They can not improve it like we improved Tejas.

Cruise missile

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
look at its design with large lavcon. It should give the plane early lift but it takes double the time of Tejas to take off. It is not an aerodynamically refined design. It has poor T/W ratio. Even if it is upgraded with Chinese stuff such as its AESA etc, it will remain a poor plane with lots of vulnerabilities. They can not improve it like we improved Tejas.
Lmao junk fighter is getting air cooled Aesa so it's performance will remain sub optimum. But it's T/W ratio is going to improve.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
JF 17 isn't a competitor for Tejas, it's like comparing a wolf and a Lion.

Tho a pack of wolf may take down a lion.

But one got to understand the game here we aren't moving leaps and bound ahead either, Pakistanis will be able to catch up with Chinas help.

Cruise missile

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
JF 17 isn't a competitor for Tejas, it's like comparing a wolf and a Lion.

Tho a pack of wolf may take down a lion.

But one got to understand the game here we aren't moving leaps and bound ahead either, Pakistanis will be able to catch up with Chinas help.
That's where IADS fits in.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
As someone who has been on defence forums for around a decade, I can tell you that they were doing the same thing about JF17 block 2 as well. We know how that turned out.
Despite the Paki dillsuions is it not reasonable to think that China will be able to install the IRST of J 10 In blocks 3?

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
After shifting refueling probe I think there is some space left.
No...what I know that LCA Tejas will get pod based irst..... without wasting a station....now you think ..how it's possible
Not an internal one...
Work is on .....
In aero india we may get some news

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles