LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Point me to that video please ?
Srry can't... It's not like I watched it recently. That was 6-7 months ago DCS was brought up for some reason. Search on this thread maybe.
Dude, I'm almost certain that their performance in the game has been buffed to beyond abso-bloody-lutely ridiculous levels. No way it can be that good in real life, nope, I ain't buying it, no sir.

Sorry??!! I didn't get what you meant. Aren't all the AMRAAM versions have the designation AIM-120?? So do you mean even the C5/7 variants have got very similar performance characteristics to older A and B models??!!
Chink BVRs are basically Derby++.

And yes, probably. I don't know which version of AMRAAM are in the games, but something like this was said "latest in-game AIM-120 version at like the oldest, sometimes even like AIM-7 sparrow".

But I stick to this statement of mine;
Tejas in DCS should have slightly higher STR than Mirage-2000 (about 18°/sec max rate displayed in public) & lower ITR (27-28°/sec witnessed)... It's truely mediocre jack-o-all-trades, so wouldn't exactly dominate but be popular among newbies.

Can't replicate factors like user friendlyness & reliability in a game.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Srry can't... It's not like I watched it recently. That was 6-7 months ago DCS was brought up for some reason. Search on this thread maybe.
Ok, never mind.

In-game, they stomp the shit out of everything.

And yes, probably. I don't know which version of AMRAAM are in the games, but something like this was said "latest in-game AIM-120 version at like the oldest, sometimes even like AIM-7 sparrow".

So far, they have the C5 model included, or at least as far I can recall.

Kuntal

Country flag

They have AIM 120 C5 in DCS. But after the sd 10 came( performance was unexpectedly higher than the AIM120 😂 lol) , they enhanced the range and capability of botH Aim120 c5 and R77 .

Sentimental Patriot

Country flag
More like a Raja Abdul Chowdhury who managed to make it to Syndey.
The sentimental patriot dude was talking about "sepoy mentality" among Indians, I think the piggies are afflicted more severely considering they need validation from EVERY foreigner, even posing as them on the internet.
Even Bangladeshis behave like this online and anonymoose.
Yeah, this is true, I've seen them false flagging as Turks and Arabs and Euros etc.

Most Westoids cannot tell the difference between north Indians and Pakistanis, this enrages the pakis a lot so they false flag as various other ethnicities. An obvious give away is if they are overly obsessed with India-Pakistan stuff, no outsider bar a very small few care about Indo-Pak stuff.

Some goras have picked up on this mentality and make a lot of money grifting online in relation to tourism vlogs. If you are a fairly photogenic gora/gori saying good things about Pakistan, you can easily rack up tens of thousands of followers at the very least.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Astra air combat missile to be soon tested from Tejas fighter | India News – Times of India
NEW DELHI: India’s first indigenous air-to-air missile Astra will soon be tested from the first home-grown fighter Tejas, in yet another major step towards making the weapon the mainstay of the country’s combat fleet against hostile jets in the years ahead.

The integration of the Astra beyond visual range air-to-air missile (BVRAAM), which flies over four times the speed of sound at Mach 4.5, on the Tejas and the “initial ground trials” are virtually complete now. “The flight trials of the indigenous missile on the indigenous fighter will begin within the next few months,” said a source on Thursday.

The all-weather day and night capable Astra, which currently has a strike range of around 100-km, will eventually replace the expensive Russian, French and Israeli BVRAAMs that are currently imported to arm IAF fighters.

DRDO also plans to begin testing the Mark-2 version of Astra, with a range of 160-km, in the first half of next year. Plans are concurrently underway for a 350-km range Astra Mark-3 as well, said the sources.

With the sleek Astra Mark-1 already “proven” on the Russian-origin Sukhoi-30MKI fighters, the Rajnath Singh-led Defence Acquisitions Council granted “acceptance of necessity” for an initial order of 288 missiles in July.

“Once the flight trials on Tejas are completed, large-scale orders will follow,” said a source. Defence PSU Bharat Dynamics is slated to produce the missiles in bulk at a unit cost of about Rs 7.5 crore.

This comes at a time when the over Rs 37,000 crore order for 83 Tejas Mark-1A fighter jets from defence PSU Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd is also on the verge of being approved, in what will then be the biggest-ever deal in the indigenous military aviation sector.

Air Chief Marshal R K S Bhadauria last month said the 83-Tejas deal will be inked before the ongoing fiscal ends on March 31. IAF is currently getting deliveries, albeit slowly, of the first 40 Tejas Mark-1 jets under two contracts worth Rs 8,802 crore inked earlier.

India may have developed intercontinental ballistic missiles like the nuclear-capable Agni-V, which can strike targets over 5,000-km away, but the technical struggle to develop Astra has taken 16 long years.

But India has now finally joined the ranks of the US, Russia, France and Israel in developing such complex BVRAAMs capable of detecting, tracking and destroying highly-agile hostile supersonic fighters packed with “counter-measures’’ at long ranges.

DRDO says Astra has “excellent” ECCM (electronic counter-counter measures) to tackle jamming by hostile aircraft, active radar terminal guidance and other features for “high single-shot kill probability” in both “head-on and tail-chase” modes. The IAF, too, has now given it a thumbs-up!

dumdumdum

Country flag
"Air Chief Marshal R K S Bhadauria last month said the 83-Tejas deal will be inked before the ongoing fiscal ends on March 31." <-- So now deal signing date has moved from "End of this year" to "End of the fiscal"?

SavageKing456

Country flag
"Air Chief Marshal R K S Bhadauria last month said the 83-Tejas deal will be inked before the ongoing fiscal ends on March 31." <-- So now deal signing date has moved from "End of this year" to "End of the fiscal"?
Where did he say?

dumdumdum

Country flag

SavageKing456

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles