LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
As far as i remember.. it's not to keep control laws simple.. they dropped the canards from the design because they didn't add much value for the short length of the fighter while adding a lot of weight and RCS to the MK1 model. This is after wind tunnel studies. They achieved the lift of canards (although not 100%) by raising leading edges higher compared to the rest of the wing. That is one of the great achievements of LCA design team. experts can explain better.
"Canards gave no noticeable lift fr the weight penalty they imposed "
Was the result of wing tunnel study.

There was a photo of tejas wing tunnel model with canards in early days.

Instead the cranked Delta did a must weight effective job over canards fr better lift to drag ratio.

Now with fuselage length increasing in Tejas mk2, along with empty weight and engine thrust,

They are re introducing canards .

But this has been often misinterpreted as "due to lack of experience ADA discarded canards"

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
We all joined a forum almost a decade back when a like is worth a lot and is not easy to come by. We made lot of enemies then for supporting modi against congress and now just for criticizing modi. One thing that hasn't changed much is the ability to speak straight without political correctness bullshit. Now a days, every post gets lot of likes if you praise whatever modi does or simply posting stuff that satisfies our indian ego.. truth be damned.

In his case.. he defended Tejas against all dalals and several forum members who wallowed in self-doubt. Many forum members learned a lot of technical stuff from his posts when he was active. I can vouch for that and we do appreciate it.

All you need to get likes is open India-China thread and post some favorable news and you will get atleast 10 likes per post on an average. Not much effort is needed. Anyways.. i expected better from you than simple diik measuring contest.. i mean 'like' measuring contest. Good luck with your like hunting!!!
I thought posting reliable info with authentic links,
That adds to the knowledge of all members was the purpose of this forum.

I had some very interesting and long running feuds here with a few members.

Anyway it was fun, while it lasted.
Now with other engagements tying me down ,

I don't hv much time to spend here.

But it feels good to see lot of guys very active here.

Good luck to you allπŸ‘πŸ‘
Tha

Dessert Storm

Country flag
We all joined a forum almost a decade back when a like is worth a lot and is not easy to come by. We made lot of enemies then for supporting modi against congress and now just for criticizing modi. One thing that hasn't changed much is the ability to speak straight without political correctness bullshit. Now a days, every post gets lot of likes if you praise whatever modi does or simply posting stuff that satisfies our indian ego.. truth be damned.

In his case.. he defended Tejas against all dalals and several forum members who wallowed in self-doubt. Many forum members learned a lot of technical stuff from his posts when he was active. I can vouch for that and we do appreciate it.

All you need to get likes is open India-China thread and post some favorable news and you will get atleast 10 likes per post on an average. Not much effort is needed. Anyways.. i expected better from you than simple diik measuring contest.. i mean 'like' measuring contest. Good luck with your like hunting!!!
I do understand that his posts are informative. I fully agree to that. You don't need to vouch for that. I did join the forum recently but, been lurking since 2014 or before.
At the same time, you must appreciate that you don't make it personal (diik) even while pointing out an error or correcting somebody or putting forth your POV. Because if you do that then you end-up being a diik yourself.
Kindly, don't try and give sermons on how the likes were got in the good ol' times. I have been around and active since the IT revolution started in the country.
Not being a subscriber to "Political Correctness Bullshit" philosophy dosen't mean you try and flashlight in somebody's face. Moreover, it dosen't mean that somebody can give politically incorrect reactions and then get flanks to cover when the same is dished out to him.
I don't know why the PM is being quoted. None of our posts involve him. It was Tejas. That said, we are on same page as far as the PM is concerned.
Expectations..... that smacks of 'I/we are more previliged than you'. I too expect the senior members of the forum to maintain decorum in their replies and not just diik around in the garb of being straight shooters.
Giving data to shoot down a claim ain't 'like measuring', it's simply shooting down a claim, with data to back it up. Self proclaimed "Brilliance" is what like hunting is.
Given that you wished me good luck. To that I would say 'thanks, but no thanks' cuz like hunters don't lurk 6 years or more.
* I appreciate his effort and inputs. But the way he does it is in bad taste.
** Everybody you perceive to be a dalaal may not be one. Remember that when you are replying because, everybody here may not be as learned on certain aspects as 'some'. But then nobody's perfect.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Didn't know forum has such fancy tools,πŸ€”πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
I was a regular here a long time ago.

Carry on with your Big Data mining and analysisπŸ‘

Dif
Mate. I do appreciate your efforts and inputs. But the way you go around doing it is puke-worthy.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
But what has remained tragically constant on tejas thread anywhere is,

"It is a point defence fighter only",
"It cant cross border",
"It can fly fr just 45 minutes"

, "Can carry only with 3 ton " ,

"Can't fly more than 800 km at a stretch"

Like patented lies.
I sometimes wonder whether there is a thought factory somewhere in the net,
Creating this load of liesπŸ€”πŸ€”

A

Dessert Storm

Country flag
But what has remained tragically constant on tejas thread anywhere is,

"It is a point defence fighter only",
"It cant cross border",
"It can fly fr just 45 minutes"

, "Can carry only with 3 ton " ,

"Can't fly more than 800 km at a stretch"

Like patented lies.
I sometimes wonder whether there is a thought factory somewhere in the net,
Creating this load of liesπŸ€”πŸ€”

A
I agree it's a load of lies.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Mate. I do appreciate your efforts and inputs. But the way you go around doing it is puke-worthy.
Same feeling here about stupid lies some people are telling here repeatedly fr a decadeπŸ€”

I mean how people manage to remain such zombies with zero knowledge is inconceivable for me,

But when gently reminded that these fake news makes fools out of everyone "

I get called ,"puke worthy".

Wonder how I should rebut such nonsense next time.

May be I should start with ,"Your majesty".

For a guy who just can't make sense of aerodynamics and tech development,

You are getting too upset

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Same feeling here about stupid lies some people are telling here repeatedly fr a decadeπŸ€”

I mean how people manage to remain such zombies with zero knowledge is inconceivable for me,

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
For a guy, who is megalomaniacal and definitely un-savoury, you are getting too cute.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Let's not turn thus thread into a "beauty contest" btn ,"cute" and "megalomaniac"
πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

So let's continue with,

Gems like,

"ADA wanted to keep it simple , so they cut canards"
"Tejas can fly only in indian skies"
And "defend only indian points "
Etc, etc

Hv a good time folksπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ™

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Let's not turn thus thread into a "beauty contest" btn ,"cute" and "megalomaniac"
πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

So let's continue with,

Gems like,

"ADA wanted to keep it simple , so they cut canards"
"Tejas can fly only in indian skies"
And "defend only indian points "
Etc, etc

Hv a good time folksπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ™
You forgot to mention
All 40 tejas mk1s are upgradable to mk1A standards in MLU,

Flying Dagger

Country flag
The only shortfall of tejas mk1 is G limit of 8 point something Gs, and not reaching 9Gs at corner speeds,

tejas carries a big radar fr is weight class{ tejas mk1 has higher radome dia than gripen C and Rafale }
and it was expected to fit in the HAS of mig21 and basic mig 21 infra in alll forward bases,

So its length was also more or less he same as that of Mig21.

these factors limit the compliance of coke bottle shape

in whitcomb's area cross sectional ruling graph of

fuselage length Vs total fighter cross section .

just between its cockpit and radome base cone the cross sectional area increase is not as gradual as it is supposed to be,

Due to low wing loading requirement(with lengh being equal to mig21 constraint} gives it some what lessed finess ratio as well,

this gives rise to excess a bit excess "trans sonic drag" which limits its ability to hit 9Gs ,( above 8Gs, ) its increase in empty weight precludes its from tackling this drag with excess thrust.

All these are consraints are removed in mk2, (which is not bench marked on Mig21 length.)

but plus side of this is,

tejas mk1 has a far bigger radome dia than Gripen C and rafale , and with the advent of AESA radars, and long range BVR missiles , Tejas more than makes up this .5 G shortflall in another critical modern air combat niche of BVR .

Also due to its high G onset rate, (typical of low wing loading high thrus to weight ratio fighters with RSS fly by wire tech) it atains high Instantaeous Turn rate (ITR),

and

high offbore R73E WVR missile being slaved to HMDS,

Tejas mk1 always looks first, locks first, and shoots first in any modern WVR COMBAT

Tejas also has a high roll rate , which allows it to change its flight direction within seconds to escape being at the gun cross hairs of enemy

Looks like you have been reposting your old posts.

High offbore sight R73 ?

Well It was a good missile but R74 is replacing it and despite that is outdated in comparison to western missile as its limited to +- 60 while Python can make a lock upto 100 degrees. It has lock on after launch capability too missing in R-73.

The world has moved from IR to IIR and R-73 E isn't even the preferred missile of Tejas.

It's Python ( if integration issue is sorted ) for CCM <30km

ASRAAM ( For near BVR IIR missile ) <50km.

"Tejas mk1 always looks first, locks first, and shoots first in any modern WVR COMBAT"

What do you even mean there other fighter jet look later lock second and shoot second ?

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

High offbore sight R73 ?

Well It was a good missile but R74 is replacing it and despite that is outdated in comparison to western missile as its limited to +- 60 while Python can make a lock upto 100 degrees. It has lock on after launch capability too missing in R-73.

The world has moved from IR to IIR and R-73 E isn't even the preferred missile of Tejas.

"Tejas mk1 always looks first, locks first, and shoots first in any modern WVR COMBAT"

What do you even mean there other fighter jet look later lock second and shoot second ?
Fighters with high ITR leads in HMDS visually cued engagement is a fact.

High ITR is natural fr Low wing loading Relaxed Static Stability deltas with High TWR

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

High offbore sight R73 ?

Then why F16 couldn't escape R73E?

R 73 's predecessor has had small thrust vectoring elements in their body,
Besides vanes,

I hv read .

So they change direction fast.

Proven over decades and primary IAF WVR.

I meant with this missile as base line and high ITR Tejas is no slouch in dogfight.

Other newer missiles will only add to its lethality.

Tejas can do negative G manouver with ease and has good roll rates and low speed ability.

So saying that tejas falls behind in WVR is fiction

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Then why F16 couldn't escape R73E?

R 73 's predecessor has had small thrust vectoring elements in their body,
Besides vanes,

I hv read .

So they change direction fast.

Proven over decades and primary IAF WVR.

I meant with this missile as base line and high ITR Tejas is no slouch in dogfight.

Other newer missiles will only add to its lethality.

Tejas can do negative G manouver with ease and has good roll rates and low speed ability.

So saying that tejas falls behind in WVR is fiction
Most ridiculous statement.

What you have read or not doesn't matter fact does.

Python have higher off bore sight and can lock on to the target even at 100 degrees.

R-73 isn't LOAL either unlike modern missiles.

And IIR on python gives more probability of hitting target than R-73 IR seeker.

Even Russia is replacing them and IAF too is moving on from R-73 .

Now coming on to Tejas can do that and this so does other fighter jet but there are limitations of a delta wing in comparison to conventional one which needs to be compensated with higher thrust and canards like control surface. It's been discussed numerous times here and I don't want to bleed my energy to repeat it for you as I don't think it matters you are going to copy paste and repeat your fiction.

So just agree to disagree.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
i agree..

even though, I'm trained professional(let's leave it at that),
i never visit firearms related threads. there is too much πŸ’© . you guys will hardly see me on such threads.
people who have never bear a firearms or fired a single shot in their life have become critics and all knowers of firearms. they vomit so much based on hearsay and internet or what the media is feeding them. when you politely correct them, they will abuse you and curse and belittle you.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles