LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Oh yes I am wrong. The second set of 30's are installed with our own mission computer. I know we had one developed, but didn't believe it was installed mass scale. The reason being is couldn't find much test literature over the net. I am in Electronics Testing, that replacement of a part with another brand will lead me to painful full scale testing though 99% sure it would work as usual. Everytime there is even an tiny software update in Tejas, it first goes through LSP before being implemented in IOC/FOC. I didn't see ADA or HAL owning many test Su30 aircrafts. A reason why I was skeptical.

I do not know what's the use in owning the architecture without owning the IP of the aircraft. We can use the architecture in any Ac we want. Don't need nobody permission
Means we can change everything in Su30mki and keep using it for Next 20 years like a full fledged Modern aircraft
Can we modify the design of Su30mki like Americans modify their F16s

Dessert Storm

Country flag
They will place it immediately when in comming 2 front war, iaf strength will get reduced below 14 sqds ....
It's not that the planes would start rolling out as soon as the order is signed. Even without order, the preparatory work is on. Pls refer to the article.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It's not that the planes would start rolling out as soon as the order is signed. Even without order, the preparatory work is on. Pls refer to the article.
mk1a order is final now God also cannot stop it.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Tejas is the best and most modern aircraft in IAF inventory after Rafales
Tejas mk2 will be better than rafales see the cockpit of Tejas MK2 looks so modern looks exactly like the cockpit of F35

Abhay Rajput 02

Tejas is the best and most modern aircraft in IAF inventory after Rafales
Tejas mk2 will be better than rafales see the cockpit of Tejas MK2 looks so modern looks exactly like the cockpit of F35
Dont be delusional. Mirage 2000 will beat shit out of tejas in its current form any day. 🙄. We will talk about tejas mk1a when it will take first flight.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Means we can change everything in Su30mki and keep using it for Next 20 years like a full fledged Modern aircraft
Can we modify the design of Su30mki like Americans modify their F16s
That's the reason I told I hoped we develop an Chinese version of J16 with our Su. We pay license for ac design and engine. Rest is all ours. If R&D is started now, we could probably develop our own version completely with Radar, BVR missiles in next 5-6 years.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That's the reason I told I hoped we develop an Chinese version of J16 with our Su. We pay license for ac design and engine. Rest is all ours. If R&D is started now, we could probably develop our own version completely with Radar, BVR missiles in next 5-6 years.
Why can’t we change the Su30 engines with our own engines or some western engine ?
I have one more question 4th generation jets are going to fly for next 25-30 years in every Airforce around the world so why can’t we operate Su30mki till then by modifying and upgrading it

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Why can’t we change the Su30 engines with our own engines or some western engine ?
I have one more question 4th generation jets are going to fly for next 25-30 years in every Airforce around the world so why can’t we operate Su30mki till then by modifying and upgrading it
It's not an plug and play model bro. The aircrafts are designed around the engine. It would need extensive redesign on the outside and the inside. And certification process. Just for example There are fuel lines inside, designed for a particular engine for example with an inlet. Those need not be the same for all Ac engines. You need some new testing hardware setup for the new engine inside the Ac. The engine manufacturers generally provide that or else we would have to develop it again. It's not a question of whether we can or cannot. The question is time and budget. We simply don't have the budget as of now. After 10 years the new mods will make them useless by the time Super Sukhoi enter service.

Russia won't let us mate with western engines. And we are nowhere close to develop 125kn engine ourselves.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It's not an plug and play model bro. The aircrafts are designed around the engine. It would need extensive redesign on the outside and the inside. And certification process. Just for example There are fuel lines inside, designed for a particular engine for example with an inlet. Those need not be the same for all Ac engines. You need some new testing hardware setup for the new engine inside the Ac. The engine manufacturers generally provide that or else we would have to develop it again. It's not a question of whether we can or cannot. The question is time and budget. We simply don't have the budget as of now. After 10 years the new mods will make them useless by the time Super Sukhoi enter service.

Russia won't let us mate with western engines. And we are nowhere close to develop 125kn engine ourselves.
But we are trying to design an engine for Jaguars

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles