LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

FalconZero

Country flag
And we don’t even copy these toys like the Chinese do what an ideal Gandhiwadi our PSUs are 👏
IIRC Rustom 2 prototype after last year's accident was ready for the flight in the first quarter this year but what happened to that no idea. For survilence purposes Rustom 2 was enough, we should have gone for that then Ghatak for UCAV, we don't necerassily have to steal rather we seriously need to look into our misplaced priorities.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
IIRC Rustom 2 prototype after last year's accident was ready for the flight in the first quarter this year but what happened to that no idea. For survilence purposes Rustom 2 was enough, we should have gone for that then Ghatak for UCAV, we don't necerassily have to steal rather we seriously need to look into our misplaced priorities.
The video has some updates and more.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
we should buy more rafales instead at the same cost. It is another pure political purchase like NASAMS.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Radar for Su30mki has been finalised or not ?
Nope. Russia has proposed their own aesa radar from Su35. And that was the original plan to equip the Su30 with 35 electronics. But with Russia quoting a lot, it went to cold storage.

So if India decides to equip its own radar or Israeli ones, with no Russian help it will be an Chinese J16 Indian version. We have to develop everything from scratch, from mission computer, FCS, ECW etc to work in the new system. The problem is it will take a few years if the project kickstart now.

So we do need some Russian flexibility if we have to integrate our own radar. I don't think Russia will allow if it's going to be Israel.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Who said they can't? Uttam is a scalable radar. Would be definitely done when ready. Currently it's testing. ELM is currently working on Jags n just needs to be upscaled to MKIs and integrated.
It's not that. No one knows if the radar cone of Su30 will support Uttam. Hell we can only guess if it works for Tejas with Cobalt ones. Or hal came up with a prototype radar cone. So without Russian permission or assistance it would be a long gestation period. We should go full fledged, but would need lot more money. And we should upgrade like 36 a year.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Nope. Russia has proposed their own aesa radar from Su35. And that was the original plan to equip the Su30 with 35 electronics. But with Russia quoting a lot, it went to cold storage.

So if India decides to equip its own radar or Israeli ones, with no Russian help it will be an Chinese J16 Indian version. We have to develop everything from scratch, from mission computer, FCS, ECW etc to work in the new system. The problem is it will take a few years if the project kickstart now.

So we do need some Russian flexibility if we have to integrate our own radar. I don't think Russia will allow if it's going to be Israel.
You mean AESA from Mig 35.

Most of things that you mentioned are already done and offered as part of indigenous upgrade aka indigenous Super Sukohi program. Do take time out to watch the video.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
It's not that. No one knows if the radar cone of Su30 will support Uttam. Hell we can only guess if it works for Tejas with Cobalt ones. Or hal came up with a prototype radar cone. So without Russian permission or assistance it would be a long gestation period. We should go full fledged, but would need lot more money. And we should upgrade like 36 a year.
Uttam has already done 25 hours on LSP Tejas and already completed testing for AA. Power uptake by the modules may be a problem, not the shape AFA MKIs are concerned.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

I thought Su30mki already has indian mission computers btw if UTTAM AESA Radars are integrated then it shouldn’t be problem for Russians

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Uttam has already done 25 hours on LSP Tejas and already completed testing for AA. Power uptake by the modules may be a problem, not the shape AFA MKIs are concerned.
He is talking about the material used in making nose cones , Tejas and Su30mki have different materials used in their nose cones

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Tender issued for indigenous accelerometer for mk1a
Bdw mk1a is progressing well ,many subsystems are ordered

Tejas mk1a will be more desi than foc and ioc ,
And mwf is more more desi than tejas mk1a

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
I thought Su30mki already has indian mission computers btw if UTTAM AESA Radars are integrated then it shouldn’t be problem for Russians
I think the FBW software is written into the main computer giving it the main stability control behind the ac. If india had developed then we would need to test FBW axes totally and completely that hardware isn't causing issues with software. And that means for all other system.

Su30 architecture However is scalable enabling us to integrate third part avionics in the Ac. The Russians can design software in a way in which Indians can add some code but cannot see or modify the base code which is untouchable.

I wish India can use Su30 airframe to develop world class avionics like F15 EX. It has to be indianled effort

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think the FBW software is written into the main computer giving it the main stability control behind the ac. If india had developed then we would need to test FBW axes totally and completely that hardware isn't causing issues with software. And that means for all other system.

Su30 architecture However is scalable enabling us to integrate third part avionics in the Ac. The Russians can design software in a way in which Indians can add some code but cannot see or modify the base code which is untouchable.

I wish India can use Su30 airframe to develop world class avionics like F15 EX. It has to be indianled effort
Does India own the IP rights over architecture of Su30mki , because if that is the case then we should be able to change everything from cockpit to engines to Radars
Btw Su30mki already has indian mission computer and it can easily integrate UTTAM AESA Radars if nose cone is not the problem as you stated above
Indian contribution to Su-30MKI avionics (developed under project Ventrivale) include DARE MC-486 and DP-30MK mission computer/display processor; DARE RC1 and RC2 radar computer; DAR Tarang Mk 2 RWR and high-accuracy direction-finding module; IFF-1410A IFF; HAL INCOM 1210A integrated communication suite; HAL RAM-1701 radar altimeter; and LRDE programmable signal processor. Avionics systems from various countries integrated by Ramenskoye RPKB.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Does India own the IP rights over architecture of Su30mki , because if that is the case then we should be able to change everything from cockpit to engines to Radars
Btw Su30mki already has indian mission computer and it can easily integrate UTTAM AESA Radars if nose cone is not the problem as you stated above
Indian contribution to Su-30MKI avionics (developed under project Ventrivale) include DARE MC-486 and DP-30MK mission computer/display processor; DARE RC1 and RC2 radar computer; DAR Tarang Mk 2 RWR and high-accuracy direction-finding module; IFF-1410A IFF; HAL INCOM 1210A integrated communication suite; HAL RAM-1701 radar altimeter; and LRDE programmable signal processor. Avionics systems from various countries integrated by Ramenskoye RPKB.
Oh yes I am wrong. The second set of 30's are installed with our own mission computer. I know we had one developed, but didn't believe it was installed mass scale. The reason being is couldn't find much test literature over the net. I am in Electronics Testing, that replacement of a part with another brand will lead me to painful full scale testing though 99% sure it would work as usual. Everytime there is even an tiny software update in Tejas, it first goes through LSP before being implemented in IOC/FOC. I didn't see ADA or HAL owning many test Su30 aircrafts. A reason why I was skeptical.

I do not know what's the use in owning the architecture without owning the IP of the aircraft. We can use the architecture in any Ac we want. Don't need nobody permission

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles