LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
How much ever excuses one comes up with, it is HAL claim that they have 8+4 (+4) set up capacity. They have to do close to that, It will be basically running at 50% efficiency and handing over another reason for IAF to boot this project. IAF will operating with Jags and Migs only and everyone from Mod, IAF, ADA, HAL are responsible for this.
Hal has told it will set up +4 (they are already working on that) if they receive mk1A orders soon. Let's say if they had received the contract by 2019, first mk1A will come out by 2022. But as it seems, as of now the first Ac won't come out before 2024. So in a case of overlap hal proposed to fast manufacture mk1 IOC and Foc orders and use that infra into mk1A pretty soon.

Now being clear that mk1A production will only begin after 40ac orders is done, hal is under no hurry to operationalize 12 per year. Cos if it does, most likely workers on that line will be jobless for one year. Hal has enough problem on its hand already. Hal Su 30 division will also be winding out by 2021. Until unless Super Sukhoi orders come by 2022 that line is going to be idle. Super Sukhoi needs more R&D, integration with Indian developed systems and missiles. The govt will then claim, hal productivity is low, bla bla to privatize it more. The govt can still privatize them without hammering them.

Now Amca testing and manufacturing is going to take in Coimbatore in a new PPP facility. So the Su Division might be manufacturing mk2 along with Bangalore division. The chairman has to figure out a way to keep hal profitable and at the same time performing orders. His is a tight job.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Hal has told it will set up +4 (they are already working on that) if they receive mk1A orders soon. Let's say if they had received the contract by 2019, first mk1A will come out by 2022. But as it seems, as of now the first Ac won't come out before 2024. So in a case of overlap hal proposed to fast manufacture mk1 IOC and Foc orders and use that infra into mk1A pretty soon.

Now being clear that mk1A production will only begin after 40ac orders is done, hal is under no hurry to operationalize 12 per year. Cos if it does, most likely workers on that line will be jobless for one year. Hal has enough problem on its hand already. Hal Su 30 division will also be winding out by 2021. Until unless Super Sukhoi orders come by 2022 that line is going to be idle. Super Sukhoi needs more R&D, integration with Indian developed systems and missiles. The govt will then claim, hal productivity is low, bla bla to privatize it more. The govt can still privatize them without hammering them.

Now Amca testing and manufacturing is going to take in Coimbatore in a new PPP facility. So the Su Division might be manufacturing mk2 along with Bangalore division. The chairman has to figure out a way to keep hal profitable and at the same time performing orders. His is a tight job.
Radar for Su30mki has been finalised or not ?

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Why Not some indigenous Radar like UTTAM ,
If DRDO can develop UTTAM for Tejas why can’t they do it for Su30mki?
Who said they can't? Uttam is a scalable radar. Would be definitely done when ready. Currently it's testing. ELM is currently working on Jags n just needs to be upscaled to MKIs and integrated.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Who said they can't? Uttam is a scalable radar. Would be definitely done when ready. Currently it's testing. ELM is currently working on Jags n just needs to be upscaled to MKIs and integrated.
UTTAM will be ready before the super Su30mki program starts
IAF has already rejected the PESA Radar of Su35 for Su30mki
Super Sukhois will either have Su57 Radars or The scaled up UTTAM AESA Radars with more TR modules

Last edited:

Dessert Storm

Country flag
UTTAM will be ready before the super Su30mki program starts
Would be ready for? Tejas I am presuming. Let it work with Tejas for some time then scale up for MKIs. ELM is mature, can be upscaled immediately. There are no official timelines either for start of Super Sukohi or for completion of Uttam testing. IAF won't risk an unproven AESA(miniaturised) on its frontliners.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Would be ready for? Tejas I am presuming. Let it work with Tejas for some time then scale up for MKIs. ELM is mature, can be upscaled immediately. There are no official timelines either for start of Super Sukohi or for completion of Uttam testing. IAF won't risk an unproven AESA(miniaturised) on its frontliners.
Yes It needs to be tested on supersonic speeds as well but IAF has already rejected the PESA Radars for Super sukhoi program so super Su30 will either have UTTAM AESA Radars or the Radars used in Su57 or both by dividing the fleet

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Yes It needs to be tested on supersonic speeds as well but IAF has already rejected the PESA Radars for Super sukhoi program so super Su30 will either have UTTAM AESA Radars or the Radars used in Su57 or both by dividing the fleet
ELM is the only one that is readily available as of now..... right away. If IAF can wait then yes Uttam. Su57 radar? You mean the nose mounted only? If it's just nose mounted only and not the whole system, then Uttam is better. If you mean the whole system, that required a very long period of testing on MKIs. I haven't heard of the Russians testing the system in SMs as if now.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
ELM is the only one that is readily available as of now..... right away. If IAF can wait then yes Uttam. Su57 radar? You mean the nose mounted only? If it's just nose mounted only and not the whole system, then Uttam is better. If you mean the whole system, that required a very long period of testing on MKIs. I haven't heard of the Russians testing the system in SMs as if now.
I am tallking about the the Radars mounted on Nose cone
DRDO can make an Upscaled version of UTTAM AESA Radars with more TR modules ,
Radars are already on blacklist of imports so I don’t think Super Su30 will have imported Radars
Su30mki already has Indian mission computer
it was foreign lobby funded INC which screwed all programs and procurements which were again later saved by government which came post 2014 and blacklisted lobbying foreign companies.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I have one question why can’t Rafales have indian mission computers and Indian AESA Radars? It will give us more flexibility in installing weapons

Dessert Storm

Country flag
I am tallking about the the Radars mounted on Nose cone
DRDO can make an Upscaled version of UTTAM AESA Radars with more TR modules ,
Radars are already on blacklist of imports so I don’t think Super Su30 will have imported Radars
Su30mki already has Indian mission computer
it was foreign lobby funded INC which screwed all programs and procurements which were again later saved by government which came post 2014 and blacklisted lobbying foreign companies.
ELMs AFAIK are/would be made in India under collaboration for sure. That was the understanding when India opted for Israeli AESA on Jags. AESA on Jags+One more platform+Israeli help with Uttam+Manufacture of ELM 2052 locally.
Radars on Import Negative counts out Su57 radar too. But you still asked that question about it?

Last edited:

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
I have one question why can’t Rafales have indian mission computers and Indian AESA Radars? It will give us more flexibility in installing weapons
Because the existing Rafale mission computers and radars are better than indian ones....
Again this not asked by iaf

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Sure why not. Once we have an EW Suite comparable to Spectra and/or enough experience of operating them so as to be confident enough to swap systems without degrading(at the very least) the potency of the platform. Moreover, with the spare and service agreement signed (5 yrs I think), you need to check what's agreed to be Indianised and what not.

FalconZero

Country flag
I still don't get the logic behind those UCAV sales, maybe IN had a strong case at most but IA and IAF? Also, let's not talk about the fact that it's markedup by at least 3X the original price. We could have finalized the deal for mk1a and LCH + LUH with foreign ATGMs that seem more fruitful and effective. I don't get it at all ngl.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I still get the logic behind those UCAV sales, maybe IN had a strong case at most but IA and IAF? Also, let's not talk about the fact that it's markedup by at least 3X the original price. We could have finalized the deal for mk1a and LCH + LUH with foreign ATGMs that seem more fruitful and effective. I don't get it at all ngl.
And we don’t even copy these toys like the Chinese do what an ideal Gandhiwadi our PSUs are 👏

Neil

Country flag
I still don't get the logic behind those UCAV sales, maybe IN had a strong case at most but IA and IAF? Also, let's not talk about the fact that it's markedup by at least 3X the original price. We could have finalized the deal for mk1a and LCH + LUH with foreign ATGMs that seem more fruitful and effective. I don't get it at all ngl.
Absolutely. We can buy such expensive toys if our basics were sorted. We dont have enough fighter squadron strength. Our numbers are dwindling. We are using mig21s to fight advanced 4th gen fighter jets. Our enemies are upgrading their fighters to 4.5 and 5th gen. And, our brass thinks buying USD 100m will solve our problems? Isn't USD 92m rafale more desperately needed than a USD 100m drone? Just pathetic how our priorities are messed up.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Indian Armed forces motto is "Dishonesty, Cry, Begging "
Always Dishonest in requirements and Opinion.
Always Cry for import.
Always go for Begging once time arise.

Due to all this inadequacy our foot soldiers are suffering greatly while dalaals are enjoying kickbacks

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Absolutely. We can buy such expensive toys if our basics were sorted. We dont have enough fighter squadron strength. Our numbers are dwindling. We are using mig21s to fight advanced 4th gen fighter jets. And, our brass thinks buying USD 100m will solve our problems? Isnt USD 92m rafale more desperately needed than a USD 100m drone? Just pathetic how our priorities are messed up.
Better to spend this 35,000 crores and 21,000 crores on LCA tejas. IAF could get 150 LCA Tejas for 60,000 Crores. We would need 1,20,000 Crores for 300 LCA Tejas.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles