LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
The Tejas performed here is for k flying Bullets..means a foc aircraft...
Now compare this performance with Lima performance which was with an ioc aircraft...
You will se improvement in performance
The aircraft wasn't from Tejas foc...it was either some lsp or the aircraft from the squadron 45. Tejas foc has yet to be handed over to the flying bullets....

Flying Dagger

Country flag
TEJAS ( FOC ) carry a gun but gun is not operationalised yet. Trials either ongoing or will be held in future.
What do you mean future?

FOC were promised to have guns and if they don't have it... It's IAF fault?

I know there are many shameless punks who wanted IAF to induct 100+ IOC mk1 and they were the one who constantly criticised import of new fighter jet. But when IAF raise question and speaks that they aren't good enough against enemy ... IAF is abused as if these shameless pricks are going to fight on border themselves.

Chinmoy

Country flag
What do you mean future?

I know there are many shameless punks who wanted IAF to induct 100+ IOC mk1 and they were the one who constantly criticised import of new fighter jet. But when IAF raise question and speaks that they aren't good enough against enemy ... IAF is abused as if these shameless pricks are going to fight on border themselves.
Chill. FOC has gun and its been fired and tested. SP-22 and 23 has undergone software tweaks based on the tests.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
What do you mean future?

Yeah well, neither J-20 nor F-35 has operational guns... What's so complicated about it? Earlier little jets used to have 6-8 30mm cannons!

vishnugupt

Country flag
What do you mean future?

Why are you panicking?? You just need a one word to justify import. It will operationalise in near future so don't worry.
Nobody is going to fight at border on behalf of IAF, neither you nor me but if IAF not good enough against enemies then what the harm in buying more Tejas mk1?? It will eventually increase IAF's capability.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Wait, what?.. Its already been integrated to FOC?
You are right! it's been integrated but not in action. Gun firing is not a priority for IAF for now but IAF can use this excuse to delay Tejas mk1a deal. Nonetheless, gun will be operationalise by 2022.
IAF is asking for some guarantee from ADA/HAL is just a sensationalism nothing else. ADA/HAL know armed forces much better and they always keep them prepared for random surprises.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
From the article:
"The target is to produce eight aircrafts by end of this FY..."

As you see, chatter info can be surprisingly accurate if you can filter it well. So, I can't ignore the claims of some modifications.
Let's wait & see if something is announced.
Even SP 21 is undergoing some software update.. as per an article i read yesterday..

vishnugupt

Country flag
No lsp integrated with astra is ready for flight trial
And sp21 gun tested in both ground & air
And the software upgradation is on with sp22 and sp23 (after the outcome of gun trial)
Info- @Chinmoy
Gun firing in Air, will take place on LSP-7/8 first not on SP-21. SP-21 is IAF's property not ADA's so SP-21 have never fired a gun. ADA need to mature gun on LSP First, then it will operationalise on SPs retrospectively.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles