LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Very weird updates.

Months ago we heard 4 jets in final stages, but only 1 was handed over as a symbolic gesture for squadron raising (& aerial gun-firing trials)... Since then all HAL assembly lines are fully operating & after that centreline pylon clearance trial I thought now delivery will resume.
But they're still tinkering with something.

I heard new tanks got cleared for production too. Expecting these batch to come with either Astra & ASRAAM and/or Python-5 integrated.

No external changes other than in fuel tanks (& refueling probe may be moved). No news on weight reduction in a while. They are busy with subsystems tech development, and may add a lot of crap too. Redesigning work won't be prioritised now.
Weight reduction ASRAAM Derby ER etc are meant for mk1a. Derby ER can be on mk1 too.

Python -5 have failed captive trials. Someone said we will be going at it again don't know how.

For mk1 Derby and R-73 are good for now .

Derby ER / R-74 may join in.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
IAF needs from Tejas MK1 what PAF claims JF17 can do like space flight, interstellar travel, warp speed refuelling from the sun and potential upgrade to travel across dimensions in MK2 variant.

DRDO and ADA are crap that they can't deliver these modest requirements. IAF is intelligent enough that they planned to get all these absolutely critical requirements on Tejas MK1 directly from Mig-21 upgrade by moving ASQR goal post till they get what they want.. Why should IAF follow what other stupid airforces do by incremental upgrades like MK1,2,3 etc.. That would be too retarded for intelligent folks at IAF. :nono:
😂😂😂😂😂 Should I say lol ?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Weight reduction ASRAAM Derby ER etc are meant for mk1a. Derby ER can be on mk1 too.

Python -5 have failed captive trials. Someone said we will be going at it again don't know how.

For mk1 Derby and R-73 are good for now .

Derby ER / R-74 may join in.
I just shared whatever indications I've come across trying to find out why deliveries haven't been fully resumed. Not my own opinions nor do I vouch for them.

But several minor adjustments & trials are apparently going on.

aerokan

Country flag
JF17 doesn’t even have in flight refueling probe Chinese planned to add it in block 3 version but block 3 is still not under production
And the capabilities Chinese AESA Radars is also questionable I don’t why we even compare this junk with a 4th generation aircrafts like Tejas , Rafale , Su30 , gripen or F16
I understand that sarcasm is not your strong suite but this is beyond next level.
Anyways, would you be willing to negotiate with the Chinese on border talks to de-escalate on behalf of India if there is a chance? :lehappy:

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I understand that sarcasm is not your strong suite but this is beyond next level.
Anyways, would you be willing to negotiate with the Chinese on border talks to de-escalate on behalf of India if there is a chance? :lehappy:
I understand the sarcasm , I don’t want de-escalation I want tallks to fail 😁

aerokan

Country flag
Does anyone on good authority have any idea if the LCA control laws for fly by wire are modular or not? If the control laws are independently configurable, we might be able to re-use them for Mk2, ORCA, TedBF, AMCA, AURA and unmanned wingmans without having to build from scratch and reduce the development time.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Stop comparing jf17 with LCA , by design and technology jf17 is a 3rd generation aircraft ( 3rd gen by Western classification ) .

JF17 currently is the only fighter aircraft in the world which uses a stable aerodynamic design which is a 3rd generation feature.

All true 4th generation aircrafts currently in the world are RSS ( relaxed static stability ) or in simple terms unstable aerodynamic designs.

Without digital FBW the unstable aerodynamic aircrafts won't even take off.

While jf17 was flying around with analog flight control systems in block 1 & FBW in pitch axis only in block 2.

Incorporating FBW is JF17 block 3 is literally a waste of time , because the aerodynamic design of block 3 is same as that of block 1 & 2 ie a aerodynamic stable design . The reason why they incorporated the same is to save on ( SWaP - size , weight , power ) requirements . Reason why FBW was first seen on twin seater jf17b , additional pilot required they reduce on SWaP parameters , otherwise it would be too heavy.

FBW in jf17 ( stable aerodynamic design ) is not same as FBW in LCA , F16 , RAFALE , TYPHOON , GRIPEN etc ( unstable aerodynamic design ) . Only unstable aerodynamic designed aircrafts like LCA , F16 , GRIPEN , RAFALE , TYPHOON etc can utilise FBW for exceptional maneuverability , advance flight modes etc because FBW is inherently necessitated to automatically control the aircrafts ( without pilot input ) all the time in flight as the aircrafts are inherently aerodynamically unstable by design.

I have written 100 times about it yet some Indians as foolish as porkies , don't post crap here again.

Go and read this

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
The cheesy cringe narration may hurt the ears a bit, but otherwise preety decent camera-work.

The Tejas performed here is for k flying Bullets..means a foc aircraft...
Now compare this performance with Lima performance which was with an ioc aircraft...
You will se improvement in performance
Actually the me d others may have been wrong. I haven't ever seen Tejas doing this sharp max rate turn!

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Requesting all off-topic posts be moved to FC-1 thread.

The cheesy cringe narration may hurt the ears a bit, but otherwise preety decent camera-work.
@patriots the video sats minimum turn-radius is 200m!.. Wasn't it 350m earlier?

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Requesting all off-topic posts be moved to FC-1 thread.

@patriots the video sats minimum turn-radius is 200m!.. Wasn't it 350m earlier?
Ya 350m
But where you got 200m figure. ..
In that clip the commentator says few hundred metres

Again the Tejas demonstrated a low speed pass at 120 knots
And Rafale demonstrated a low speed pass at 130 knots

Bdw Tejas already demonstrated a low speed pass at 110 knots(by test pilot s)

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Bhai I am saying about its perimeter
What an odd way to describe!

"Rafale has minimum radius of turn, same size of a hockey field... No no not its length, but its outer perimeter... Nahi pata?.. Google karlo 🖕"

Shekhar Singh

Country flag
Very weird updates.

Months ago we heard 4 jets in final stages, but only 1 was handed over as a symbolic gesture for squadron raising (& aerial gun-firing trials)... Since then all HAL assembly lines are fully operating & after that centreline pylon clearance trial I thought now delivery will resume.
But they're still tinkering with something.

I heard new tanks got cleared for production too. Expecting these batch to come with either Astra & ASRAAM and/or Python-5 integrated.

No external changes other than in fuel tanks (& refueling probe may be moved). No news on weight reduction in a while. They are busy with subsystems tech development, and may add a lot of crap too. Redesigning work won't be prioritised now.
I don't have the link but someone told on another forum that there is plan to reduce some weight in Mk1A by removing or readjusting the balast and cables. Some aerodynamic improvements were also planned by some canopy refinements. But again I don't have any link to prove my claims.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I don't have the link but someone told on another forum that there is plan to reduce some weight in Mk1A by removing or readjusting the balast and cables. Some aerodynamic improvements were also planned by some canopy refinements. But again I don't have any link to prove my claims.
That much won't make a lot of difference if they add IRST, that only will undo whatever weight loss achieved... Canopy change too is considered minor (probably already applied to FOC).

MWF like bulged spine etc. won't be there, now will they redesign the landing structure. Right now there are other priorities.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles