LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

The Maverick

Country flag
I want to see the unmanned version of LCA Tejas it’s such an amazing technology I love it
I just want to See Mark1a signed delivered all 83 planes like yesterday
I want to see maiden test flight of Mark 2 Tejas like by 2023
And AMCA first flight by 2028

WE NEED TO BUILD A HUGE AERO SPACE INDUSTRY out of Tejas learns & infrastucture whereby 65% of all our air power needs are met in house .AND we only buy the very best from abroad in small numbers

I really like the CONCEPT DOCTRINE of 36 uber expensive rafale and 72 single seater Tejas mark1a

In future ie 2030 we should buy 40 more Rafale mark 5 along side 120 tejas mark 2

airtel

Country flag
Unmanned version of Tejas means no cockpit needed no oxygen generation system needed no ejection seats so lot of complexities removed and a lot of weight reduction to accommodate more missiles and bombs

No , if you are removing cockpit and other subsystems , then it would become an entirely new aircraft and it would require redesign & yes it would be more efficient and aerodynamic .
But then it would cost money and time ,.......so HAL would not remove anything , they would just change its software and add some subsystems so that it can perform some of the missions remotely .

Chinmoy

Country flag
Pakistani JF17 and F16s are 5th generation aircrafts
Yes. They are true as per Chinese logic. China has taken their early kite and ballon warfare to be first generation air fighters whereas rest of the world has taken the propeller driven Bi-planes, Tri-planes and mono planes to be first generation ones.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
What would be the top speed of Tejas MK1 and MK1A without using afterburner ?

A chauhan

Country flag
Pakistani JF17 and F16s are 5th generation aircrafts
Yeah, I agree with that expert about training of Pakistani pilots giving example of February incident; "they are trained to continuously keep the enemy @6".

😁

A chauhan

Country flag

aerokan

Country flag
@Chinmoy Since you seem to be the resident DFI bureaucrat over here.. can you list all the phases in the approval process from start to finish of a plane starting from early pre design phases to CCS approvals and certifications etc preferably in the order of implementation? It's getting really frustrating to read that things are getting approved routinely but no signed deal will be in sight even after a decade. You know what i'm talking about.

It will help immensely for all the forum members to be realistic on what to expect. It doesn't have to be 100% accurate.. revisions can be done in the future by anyone based on the knowledge acquired at that time based on your template.

You can start by Rev20200815v1

Lots of thanks if you are able to make some time for this nasty stuff. Ignore this if this is too time consuming.

A chauhan

Country flag
Can't say that as of now. Its not just aerodynamics and engine which would matter.
With new engines and refinements they can make it to supercruise as MK1 is already at 74% speed of mach 1, though increased payload will also be there to limit its speed.

aerokan

Country flag
With new engines and refinements they can make it to supercruise as MK1 is already at 74% speed of mach 1, though increased payload will also be there to limit its speed.
What is the advantage of supercruising for Tejas airframe? Without engaging afterburner, any viable advantage for going above mach 1 over going at a little bit less than mach 1 speed, particularly for Tejas?

A chauhan

Country flag
What is the advantage of supercruising for Tejas airframe? Without engaging afterburner, any viable advantage for going above mach 1 over going at a little bit less than mach 1 speed, particularly for Tejas?
Increased fuel efficiency, reduced heat signatures, aircraft stability etc. I guess it's a good feature which every multirole aircraft should have, plus this will help us in understanding such features for future aircraft projects.

aerokan

Country flag
Increased fuel efficiency, reduced heat signatures, aircraft stability etc. I guess it's a good feature which every multirole aircraft should have, plus this will help us in understanding such features for future aircraft projects.
I was not asking about not using afterburner advantages.

To be more clear, what is the big advantage for Tejas going at 1100kmph @ 30k ft over 900kmph @30k ft ?
Both cases do not engage afterburner. Mach 1 vs less than mach 1.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
what is the big advantage for Tejas going at 1100kmph @ 30k ft over 900kmph @30k ft ?
Both cases do not engage afterburner. Mach 1 vs less than mach 1.
The be most vital advantage of supercruise is that the troops on the ground will not hear your jet until you have crossed way past them & reaching target in matter of minutes... Thus less time to react (Ofcourse for it to be truely effective the jets needs to be stealthy).
IMG_20200815_141713.jpg

For drones & missiles, hypersonic flight offers significant drag advantage.
qXnqu.gif

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles