LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Mk1a subsystem s .......are flying with lsps
Mk1a will fly in 2023-2024 ...if iaf signs orders in 2020...
Wrote full sentences dude, or people will misunderstand.
  1. LSP upgraded to Mark1A standard will fly in end of 2022.
  2. Operational Mark1A for delivery will roll out in mid-2023.
Instead of changing games...
Why not get a 100 of them flying first..
Because you need to pay for them 1st & the order had been pending for almost a year now... Still have signed the fucking deal.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Wrote full sentences dude, or people will misunderstand.

Because you need to pay for them 1st & the order had been pending for almost a year now... Still have signed the fucking deal.
So who sings the deal IAF?
Why are they hesitant to sign?

BangaliBabu

Country flag
Paperwork?
What sort of paper work do these guys do that it takes so much time.
Takla's commission.
Takla's father's commission.
Takla's mother's commission.
Takla's grandfather's commission (if any).
Takla's grandmother's commission (if any).
Takla's children's commission.
Takla's grandchildren's commission.
Takla's father-in-law's commission.
Takla's mother-in-law's commission.
Takla's Wifey's commission.
Etcetera....

BangaliBabu

Country flag
Takla's commission.
Takla's father's commission.
Takla's mother's commission.
Takla's grandfather's commission (if any).
Takla's grandmother's commission (if any).
Takla's children's commission.
Takla's grandchildren's commission.
Takla's father-in-law's commission.
Takla's mother-in-law's commission.
Takla's Wifey's commission.
Etcetera....
Chalta rehta hain babuah!! Sab kuch milega in time.

piKacHHu

Country flag
I am not aware of it.....
Hope the deal will be signed before December....
It's all about Money. At the end of fiscal year, particularly when financial conditions are contained, Govt. tend to roll over expenditures in next fin year to keep its book good enough on Fiscal Deficit point of view. Quite a standard practice in almost all the govt departments.

I am sure the HAL will get its first advance on the beginning of first quarter of Fin year 2021-2022. There shouldn't be any speck of doubt regarding signing of the purchase deal . Most likely it will be followed by purchase of another Tranche of Rafale under the garb of dwindling squadron strength of IAF so that push-back coming from public regarding the foreign imports get minimized (at least on policy level question related to Self reliance & Make in India).

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It's all about Money. At the end of fiscal year, particularly when financial conditions are contained, Govt. tend to roll over expenditures in next fin year to keep its book good enough on Fiscal Deficit point of view. Quite a standard practice in almost all the govt departments.

I am sure the HAL will get its first advance on the beginning of first quarter of Fin year 2021-2022. There shouldn't be any speck of doubt regarding signing of the purchase deal . Most likely it will be followed by purchase of another Tranche of Rafale under the garb of dwindling squadron strength of IAF so that push-back coming from public regarding the foreign imports get minimized (at least on policy level question related to Self reliance & Make in India).
we need more rafale.

piKacHHu

Country flag
This story is first broken by Anatha Krishnan on Tarmak007

If I heard & interpreted it correctly;

1. First Flight of Tejas Mk1A LSP: Last Quarter of 2022-23 i.e. In the Year 2023 (Jan-Feb-March are the last months of fiscal followed in India).
2. Two LSPs will be build for testing and certification of sub-systems
3. The Testing itself could last for 6-9 Months
4. First Roll-Out of Production standard early 2024
5. First Hand over to Last Aircraft Roll Out: 6 Years i.e. 2030

IMO, this time line has considered risk factors coming from mating of new systems in Tejas. I believe, if they are offered carrot of more order; probably they will ramp up their rate of production (Remote chance given the HAL track record).

My apprehension comes for MWF by seeing such stretched time line. I have high hopes from MWF. Wish they could develop & deliver it on time.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This story is first broken by Anatha Krishnan on Tarmak007

If I heard & interpreted it correctly;

1. First Flight of Tejas Mk1A LSP: Last Quarter of 2022-23 i.e. In the Year 2023 (Jan-Feb-March are the last months of fiscal followed in India).
2. Two LSPs will be build for testing and certification of sub-systems
3. The Testing itself could last for 6-9 Months
4. First Roll-Out of Production standard early 2024
5. First Hand over to Last Aircraft Roll Out: 6 Years i.e. 2030

IMO, this time line has considered risk factors coming from mating of new systems in Tejas. I believe, if they are offered carrot of more order; probably they will ramp up their rate of production (Remote chance given the HAL track record).

My apprehension comes for MWF by seeing such stretched time line. I have high hopes from MWF. Wish they could develop & deliver it on time.
There is also su30 production line lying idle we can use It.

piKacHHu

Country flag
There is also su30 production line lying idle we can use It.
12 Kits of More MKIs are going to be ordered. So, Nashik line will be occupied for a couple of years or more. If Govt. is serious about AMCA, it should collaborate with Pvt Sector like Dassault to modernize it to western standards and enhance level of automation. Dassault's expertise in PD-PLM tools will come handy for them.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
12 Kits of More MKIs are going to be ordered. So, Nashik line will be occupied for a couple of years or more. If Govt. is serious about AMCA, it should collaborate with Pvt Sector like Dassault to modernize it to western standards and enhance level of automation. Dassault's expertise in PD-PLM tools will come handy for them.
well AMCA will be manufactured in new production line and yes private player will participate we can use su30 line for mwf or TEDBF.

another_armchair

Country flag
we need more rafale.
The Govt. is in quite a pickle.

If they order more Rafales in a follow on G2G deal, the opposition will fling them into the fire for not having gone ahead with Dassault + HAL from day one and negotiated on costs. Remember, even Parikkar was taken aback as the cost negotiations with Rafale and HAL were actually making some progress around beginning of 2015.

The planes could have served both IAF and IN in the long run and helped us learn a thing or two albeit at a cost which we were almost willing to pay for. At a slightly higher cost, we would have an extremely capable aircraft like the Sukhoi MKI which is a beast in A2A role. Another 250-400 Rafales with IAF and IN would give us near invincibility for the next 10-15 years from our northern borders to the IOR.

It is another thing that we simply did not have the deep pockets to manage such a large fleet of twin engined air superiority fighters and would most likely ring the death knell for Tejas.

Alas, Sab Changa Si!

Last edited:

piKacHHu

Country flag
The Govt. is in quite a pickle.

If they order more Rafales in a follow on G2G deal, the opposition will fling them into the fire for not having gone ahead with Dassault + HAL from day one and negotiated on costs. Remember, even Parikkar was taken aback as the cost negotiations with Rafale and HAL were actually making some progress around beginning of 2015.

The planes could have served both IAF and IN in the long run and helped us learn a thing or two albeit at a cost which we were almost willing to pay for. At a slightly higher cost, we would have an extremely capable aircraft like the Sukhoi MKI which is a beast in A2A role. Another 250-400 Rafales with IAF and IN would give us near invincibility for the next 10-15 years from our northern borders to the IOR.

It is another thing that we simply did not have the deep pockets to manage such a large fleet of twin engined air superiority fighters and would most likely ring the death knell for Tejas.

Alas, Sab Changa Si!
I would call a scam if GOI doesn't order another tranche of 36 Rafale OTS. It would be criminal mixure of short-sightedness and wishful thinking. Moreover, over $1.5 billion would go down the drain for acquiring ISE for just 2 squadrons worth of aircraft. In a way, you are funding Dassault for their F4 and further upgrades without getting benefit out it. The real beneficiaries will be the nations who would procure Rafale with HMDS and towed decoys as implemented by ISE.
Would had been better that GOI avoided this piecemeal deal and invested $8 billion dollar in developing Indian MIC that would have helped later in indigenous programs Tejas and AMCA.
Due to such tokenism and minimalism, we are paying hefty price of highest import of defence hardware.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles