LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
View attachment 52414

we are suppose to integrate UTTAM radar into LCA TEJAS? :crying::crying::crying:
is this an old news? am i smelling corruption here? why HAL signing contract? should govt of india or mod be the one singing the contract?

can someone clarity
Because, mk1A is HAL modification (in collaboration of ADA of course) of mk1 to fill the gaps. That's why they are the one making the deal, not the MoD. HAL is the manufacturer of Tejas, so naturally they will be the one signing contract with everyone, be it local player or foreign one.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Bdw 50+ spj pods are bought for mig21 bison ...but we rarely see spj pod with mig21 bis
Not only Mig-21 what happened to the sea harrier SPJ pods?.. Being used by Navy's Mig-29K?

Emperor Kalki

Country flag
Something off topic
Anyone here ever had any problems with recieving alerts from threads you watch. Because i have that from time to time.
Recently i missed out on a lot of the discussion from this thread and a lot others. Is this some problem on my end or what....🤷🏻‍♂️

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Something off topic
Anyone here ever had any problems with recieving alerts from threads you watch. Because i have that from time to time.
Recently i missed out on a lot of the discussion from this thread and a lot others. Is this some problem on my end or what....🤷🏻‍♂️
I do, if I have not visited the thread within a day or two you do not I am not receiving alerts from it.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Not only Mig-21 what happened to the sea harrier SPJ pods?.. Being used by Navy's Mig-29K?
No bro ...I heard that spj s are specific
I mean spj of mig21 can be used with Tejas
As spj has its own power requirements...a spj used for mig21 will require less power ..will have lesser performance like radars
Also those spj s were older one

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Something off topic
Would like someone to look into this...i missed out on a lot from many threads...🤦🏻‍♂️
You stop further getting alerts if you stop visiting threads at given alerts. Visit them again to receive alerts. As for threads you are missing, you have search button. I'm sure you don't need alerts from thread those aren't active now.

Emperor Kalki

Country flag
You stop further getting alerts if you stop visiting threads at given alerts. Visit them again to receive alerts.
Can't it be so that we recieve them anyway.
Won't that be better. We may miss some alerts sometimes by mistake or something.
Is that possible..

IndianHawk

Country flag
2.7 ton... So not just ASRAAM & SPJ, possibly a central drop-tank too.
2 asraam and spj weight just 500 kg at most. So rest can be lgb or drop tanks or even spice type 900 kg weapon.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Technically it's pylons can handle 5.7 tons without damaging themselves... And addition of these;

It can take off with max 4tons... achieved by different combination of payload configurations.
Has flown with payload of 4.3 tons with Max internal fuel. Next trials are for upto 4.4 and 4.5 ton.

IndianHawk

Country flag
It's tested and confirmed.

There are already pics of lca on BRF carrying more than 4 ton payload.

View attachment 48497

This is 4.05 ton payload . Since it is an lsp and carried flight instrumentation of 300kg. The foc lca payload can be 4.35 ton.

Read the article.
This is my old post confirming 4.35 ton payload by BRF and DDR articles.

IndianHawk

Country flag
This is my old post confirming 4.35 ton payload by BRF and DDR articles.
It means it can carry 9* 450 kg bombs even with dual ccm and spj. Which is more than jaguar max bomb payload and then air to air capability.

But due to pylon limitations it will probably carry only 7 bombs plus ccm + spj in bomb truck load. Still better than jag.

Belagutti

Country flag
It means it can carry 9* 450 kg bombs even with dual ccm and spj. Which is more than jaguar max bomb payload and then air to air capability.

But due to pylon limitations it will probably carry only 7 bombs plus ccm + spj in bomb truck load. Still better than jag.
Then could it replace sepacat jaguar's ?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
It means it can carry 9* 450 kg bombs even with dual ccm and spj...
...But due to pylon limitations it will probably carry only 7 bombs plus ccm + spj in bomb truck load.
But think, that sort of drag could seriously jeopardize op.range, especially without droptanks. That 6-bomb layout leaves room for on its centreline.

If Tejas can tandem bombs at centreline like Jags...
IMG_20200608_145941.jpg
...then 6-bomb can be achieved with 2 midboard tanks!
LCA Tejas tandem bomb.jpg

Then could it replace sepacat jaguar's ?
Practically that'll be Mark2.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles