LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
One more question I have, Please dont mistake me, HAL has confirmed that all the 40 Mark 1 Aircraft will be delivered by March 2021? I hope there are no issues with delivery of these 40 Aircrafts which was offered in FOC conditions, I believe for every Tejas Aircraft we induct, we can ease pressure on Mig-21, Jaguar Aircrafts.
Hal will not be able to produce all 40 by March 21
I believe atleast 8 foc sans 2 delivered will be produced.....
Jaguar will be replaced by mwf some day..
Ya mk1a will replace all mig21 and mig27

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Line replacement units. Mk1a will have some new lrus which will reduce maintainance issues. And may save some wait too.

Spj is self protection jammer. Probably elta wideband jammer for mk1a.
Bro spj not tested with Tejas .....IMHO ....
Ss drop tanks also not tested till now
Bdw most of the subsystem s of mk1a are fly with different lsps

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Hal will not be able to produce all 40 by March 21
I believe atleast 8 foc sans 2 delivered will be produced.....
Jaguar will be replaced by mwf some day..
Ya mk1a will replace all mig21 and mig27
wait... whta?
are u saying that we still have the 27's in service? :shock: :shock: i thought we retired those trucks ages ago :confused1:

IndianHawk

Country flag
Bro spj not tested with Tejas .....IMHO ....
Ss drop tanks also not tested till now
Bdw most of the subsystem s of mk1a are fly with different lsps
That's the point some lsp with aesa and ew suit will also test spj sooner or later.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

BeEverVectorMan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I may sound stupid also may be irrelevant from current topic but only to satisfy my childish knowledge just have one query

The Jet engine we are using in Tejas LCA of general electric has trust of 45 to 85 KN and that of kaveri engine is of 65 to 75 KN so why are we not assembling it just for not fulfilling the requirements of 85 KN

We all know that we never go or try to touch the max speed in any vehicle

Again sorry for being idiot or ignorant on many avionic concept

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I may sound stupid also may be irrelevant from current topic but only to satisfy my childish knowledge just have one query

The Jet engine we are using in Tejas LCA of general electric has trust of 45 to 85 KN and that of kaveri engine is of 65 to 75 KN so why are we not assembling it just for not fulfilling the requirements of 85 KN

We all know that we never go or try to touch the max speed in any vehicle

Again sorry for being idiot or ignorant on many avionic concept
Kaveri engine target wet thrust was 81 KN's and
the General Electric F404-GE-IN20 has a wet thrust of 90 KN's

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So what happens if it's short of 9KN they would had still assembled it unless we don't experiment how come we will upgrade our jet engine know how
Our target was 81 kn's but we achieved only 75 kn's which was a not enough for tejas even the the F 404 performance was also good but the AFSAQR requiment's changed and we gone for F 414's which has resulted in MCA's with a thrust of 98 KN's and for AMCA's protoype we would have a combined kn of 196 KN's but that is not enough super cruise but limited suercruise so we would require an engine in the range of 110 KN's to 130 KN's for AMCA to fully achieved it capabilitie's

BeEverVectorMan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Our target was 81 kn's but we achieved only 75 kn's which was a not enough for tejas even the the F 404 performance was also good but the AFSAQR requiment's changed and we gone for F 414's which has resulted in MCA's with a thrust of 98 KN's and for AMCA's protoype we would have a combined kn of 196 KN's but that is not enough super cruise but limited suercruise so we would require an engine in the range of 110 KN's to 130 KN's for AMCA to fully achieved it capabilitie's
Thank you so much for giving me heads up

Snowcat

Country flag
Kaveri had reliability issues, it couldn't sustain afterburning. If Rafale can make do with m88 snecma engines, so can the AMCA or the Future tedbf but as I pointed out, it wasn't reliable enough, we need to get back in the kaveri game and experiment with it ,but yeah it's easier said than done.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Kaveri had reliability issues, it couldn't sustain afterburning. If Rafale can make do with m88 snecma engines, so can the AMCA or the Future tedbf but as I pointed out, it wasn't reliable enough, we need to get back in the kaveri game and experiment with it ,but yeah it's easier said than done.
The only problems i see are the single crystlin blades heat plates and the metallurgy for increasing the life span of the engine if we could achieve all of them we could have a workable engine

rohit b3

Country flag
I have a few questions regarding HAL Tejas Aircraft. I support Tejas Aircraft Program, because it helps us to grow our aviation Industry. My questions are as follows

1) There was some articles in the web which stated that Indian Air force was frequently changing Parameters to Tejas Aircraft? Is it True?

2) I still have a gut feeling that we could have Inducted Two Squadrons in the Indian Air force replace our Mig-27 Squadrons with Tejas Aircraft, I believe Tejas was a Multi role fighter, It was good for ground attack also, Tejas Problems were in its role as interceptors. To boost our Indigenous defence Industry, we could have done this and later sorted out problems in its Air to Air and Interception roles? Please confirm whether this approach can be done or not?

3) May be slightly off the thread, but moderators please allow me to pose this question! I dont believe in Pakistan Propaganda propagated through their defence forum about their JF-17 Thunder Aircraft, but i want to know point out that they have inducted JF-17 Thunder and gradually made many upgrades like Block 2, Two Seater Trainer and now Block III possibly with some western avionics to make it more lethal. Pakistan has replaced a number of A-5 Aircraft, F-7 Aircraft and a couple of Mirage Aircraft, But still Pakistan has to replace some 200 Aircraft of which will be very obsolete in the upcoming years. Why Pakistan was able to achieve this with very limited resource? why we lagged behind in induction of Tejas aircraft despite having more resources?
You might wanna read my Quora answer. Could answer some of your questions :

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles