LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Tupac slayer

Country flag
I have a few questions regarding HAL Tejas Aircraft. I support Tejas Aircraft Program, because it helps us to grow our aviation Industry. My questions are as follows

1) There was some articles in the web which stated that Indian Air force was frequently changing Parameters to Tejas Aircraft? Is it True?

2) I still have a gut feeling that we could have Inducted Two Squadrons in the Indian Air force replace our Mig-27 Squadrons with Tejas Aircraft, I believe Tejas was a Multi role fighter, It was good for ground attack also, Tejas Problems were in its role as interceptors. To boost our Indigenous defence Industry, we could have done this and later sorted out problems in its Air to Air and Interception roles? Please confirm whether this approach can be done or not?

3) May be slightly off the thread, but moderators please allow me to pose this question! I dont believe in Pakistan Propaganda propagated through their defence forum about their JF-17 Thunder Aircraft, but i want to know point out that they have inducted JF-17 Thunder and gradually made many upgrades like Block 2, Two Seater Trainer and now Block III possibly with some western avionics to make it more lethal. Pakistan has replaced a number of A-5 Aircraft, F-7 Aircraft and a couple of Mirage Aircraft, But still Pakistan has to replace some 200 Aircraft of which will be very obsolete in the upcoming years. Why Pakistan was able to achieve this with very limited resource? why we lagged behind in induction of Tejas aircraft despite having more resources?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
1) There was some articles in the web which stated that Indian Air force was frequently changing Parameters to Tejas Aircraft? Is it True?
Partially... That's because the aircraft envisioned back in '90s had to be updated for upto 2050.
Combined with inevitable developmental roadblocks & inherent shortcomings of the cleansheet design, both stopgap Mark1A & eventually Mark2 were necessary.

For more in-depth information you will have to read hundreds of old posts.

2) I still have a gut feeling that we could have Inducted Two Squadrons in the Indian Air force replace our Mig-27 Squadrons with Tejas Aircraft, I believe Tejas was a Multi role fighter, It was good for ground attack also, Tejas Problems were in its role as interceptors. To boost our Indigenous defence Industry, we could have done this and later sorted out problems in its Air to Air and Interception roles? Please confirm whether this approach can be done or not?
The latest users of Tejas FOC, 18th "Flying Bullets" squadron, was a Mig-27 squadron.

Tejas Mark1A will replace Mig-21 in WC Abhinandan's 51st "Sword Arms" squadron... & possibly some Mig-27 squadrons too.

3) Why Pakistan was able to achieve this with very limited resource? why we lagged behind in induction of Tejas aircraft despite having more resources?
They made for better use of the resources than us more quickly, because they didn't have to spend time or money on our R&D.
FC-1 one is just a Chinese jets being assembled in Pak, like we do Su-30... even for upgradation they had to send some of them to China. Not to mention its Block 2/3 all had 1st flight in China, being fully made of Chinese components & subsystems.

As far as induction is concerned, they really really needed 5-6 squadrons of it to augment their megre 4 F-16 squadrons. We had no such pressure, with Su-30 & Mig-29 & Mirage-2000 in service India could afford to properly develope the lower end light fighter.

Tupac slayer

Country flag
Is there any time frame when Mark 1A will be Inducted, wiki says that 2023, Is there any way to advance delivery? We must try to do everything to advance the delivery of Mark 1, Either in terms of funding or establish production lines.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Is there any time frame when Mark 1A will be Inducted, wiki says that 2023, Is there any way to advance delivery?
Nah, all this request about Mark 1A order is pointless. It's the same structural design to be made from same assembly lines & the test flight with subsystems is to take place in 2022 only. So even if the order was already placed, It Would Still come at 2023 because of sub-system development.

Even if the order is placed in 2021, it will effectively be an extension of present Tejas order & 2023 deadline can be met.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
does any one know what is this thing? :notsure:can anyone identify what's mounted on each hard-points?
the jet is f-16 and i am not sure what kind of bombs or missiles are those

1593844487439.png

IndianHawk

Country flag
In last few days we have confirmation from hv thakur and indranil that

Astra is being integrated to Tejas already. We already knew about taxi trials long time ago.

IoC squadron is getting derby operational. Step closer to foc.

Mk1a is getting shape as lsp are flying with mk1a configuration ( aesa , ew new lru , spj etc .)

Mk1a tenders are coming out regularly.

Mwf tenders are coming out now too.

Tupac slayer

Country flag
One more question I have, Please dont mistake me, HAL has confirmed that all the 40 Mark 1 Aircraft will be delivered by March 2021? I hope there are no issues with delivery of these 40 Aircrafts which was offered in FOC conditions, I believe for every Tejas Aircraft we induct, we can ease pressure on Mig-21, Jaguar Aircrafts.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
One more question I have, Please dont mistake me, HAL has confirmed that all the 40 Mark 1 Aircraft will be delivered by March 2021? I hope there are no issues with delivery of these 40 Aircrafts which was offered in FOC conditions, I believe for every Tejas Aircraft we induct, we can ease pressure on Mig-21, Jaguar Aircrafts.
since we are facing 2 front wars, no pressure easing on any birds.. the more the merrier :sad:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles