LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Mig29 are su30 mki are better as they can carry more weapons....
Any other reason s.....
Tejas mk1 will replace mig21 bis and mig27.......and neither su30mki will replace Tejas ..nor Tejas will replace su30 mki
...........and if war with China happen s....you will see Tejas in action..... either in eastern front or in western front....

Bdw why some people says Tejas is not deployable at boarder. Then why iaf bought those 40 costly jets..........

People also forget in gaganshakti exercise iaf used hawk ajt s in ground attack role.......
Tejas is way better than this.
Mig 29 and Sukhoi are way better just because they carry more weapons ?

What are you on?

In extreme situation even retired jets will be called on from inventory.

IAF bought them to train pilots and test integrate weapon system devise strategy to use it along with other jets and for HAL to have a stable production line to improve on.

I bet not. If these start going to LAC, how will Russia sell 12 Su-30 to India at 10,000 Cr+ of Tax payers money?
Correct yourself first the deal close to 10,000 crore is for 12 Su + 21 Mig 29 . Total 33 jets not 12 as you lied blatantly in your post.

Second these aircrafts aren't fit for LAC yet. Unless you want to send them for going down. People like you are the reason Abhinandan was flying a Mig 21 antique and had his engine gone off at such crucial moment.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Better in some aspects.
Right Now Mig 29 UPG will outperform Tejas in almost all aspect except rcs.

Though in future Tejas will have better radar ew system etc which Mig 29 UPG will not be getting atleast not ours.

Cost of operation and Ease of maintenance might be another factor in Tejas favor you can count.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
If it is from 45th, then great news!
May not be fully FOC but their IOC jets getting BVR capable instead, or in process of recieving full software update... If IOC-FOC difference is indeed just upgraded weapons & flight software (other than the refueling-probe ofcourse) then this could be FOC as well.

You understand i'is impossible to be 100% certain.
Integration of Derby was going on for sometime and I think almost all aircraft can carry them. Atleast r77 and r73 are integrated on Tejas. Derby was the SRAAM but now Derby ER will replace r77.

Earlier mk1a were supposed to get them first but I guess mk1 might get Derby ER too and ASRAAM will replace rd73.

HawkisRight

Country flag
Mig 29 and Sukhoi are way better just because they carry more weapons ?

What are you on?

In extreme situation even retired jets will be called on from inventory.

IAF bought them to train pilots and test integrate weapon system devise strategy to use it along with other jets and for HAL to have a stable production line to improve on.

Correct yourself first the deal close to 10,000 crore is for 12 Su + 21 Mig 29 . Total 33 jets not 12 as you lied blatantly in your post.

Second these aircrafts aren't fit for LAC yet. Unless you want to send them for going down. People like you are the reason Abhinandan was flying a Mig 21 antique and had his engine gone off at such crucial moment.
Dude u need to correct urself before calling someone else lying
12 Su30 are indeed for 10k crore
21 mig29 for additional 7k crore

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Integration of Derby was going on for sometime and I think almost all aircraft can carry them. Atleast r77 and r73 are integrated on Tejas. Derby was the SRAAM but now Derby ER will replace r77.

Earlier mk1a were supposed to get them first but I guess mk1 might get Derby ER too and ASRAAM will replace rd73.
Any idea when we can expect to see Astra in service on the Tejas?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Atleast r77 and r73 are integrated on Tejas.
Not R-77.
One thing in its defence, the Su-30 & Mig-29 emergency deals probably include a lot of additional spare parts.

But Tejas will definitely take 2-3 more years before it is deployed in forard bases, maybe until our SPJ is integrated. Quite similar to Mig-21 being inducted in 1963 but seeing very very limited involvement in '65 war.
Rushing a system into combat scenarios without through prior studies & experience build-up had never been a good idea.

Last edited:

HawkisRight

Country flag
Not R-77.

One thing in its defence, the Su-30 & Mig-29 emergency deals probably include a lot of additional spare parts.

But Tejas will definitely take 2-3 more years before it is deployed in forard bases, probably until our SPJ is integrated. Quite similar to make 21 being inducted in 1963 but seeing very very limited involvement in '65 war.
Rushing a system into combat scenarios without through prior studies & experience build-up has never been a good idea.
Yeah but we all are missing d point that these are actually not emergency orders
Requirements for 12 Su30 and 21migs were floated by IAF by last year itself and I agree about spares with you..

janme

Country flag
I was one of those Indian engineers you might argue, I worked for a western company in UK on unmanned stealth systems. I would any day drop that job and join an Indian effort.

But this option doesn't exist. HAL/DRDO will not hire me. They only recruit through GATE like examinations at junior level - senior posts are already reserved for their own folks whether they are any good or not. Nobody with years of experience working in the west, earning top dollar, is going to come and sit a bloody GATE exam. Typical sarkari HR policies.
Hmm, are you sure?, Please have a look at the ADA website, they do have a option of direct application reserved only for very critical hiring, they have a option of submitting there Resume along with your experience. Give it a try, lets see what happens.
By the way GATE is very easy exam, difficult to be in top 300 though(but very easy to qualify), let me know if you want to try gate too(you don't need more than 4 month proper preparation). I guess you just need to qualify it. Trust me GATE exam is a good requirement, because they were misusing it a lot and posting there chai biscuit familywallas.

Last edited:

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Not R-77.

But Tejas will definitely take 2-3 more years before it is deployed in forard bases, maybe until our SPJ is integrated. Quite similar to Mig-21 being inducted in 1963 but seeing very very limited involvement in '65 war.
Rushing a system into combat scenarios without through prior studies & experience build-up had never been a good idea.
R-77 was among the first missile integrated with Tejas .

Python and Derby were next. But Python created turbulence after firing so it was replaced by R 73 .

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Then what should I call ? And what should I correct ?

@ashdoc bro earlier said 5000 crore now you have a 4 times high figure .

Listen dude don't go by Print etc newspaper.

One Sukhoi cost 415 crore produced by HAL and 350 crore around if direct procured from Russia.

The mig 29 deal which is around 847 million dollar include upgrade and weapon some spare parts etc.

Having said that the new 18000 crore around deal was a shocker for me too apparently news are there will be some upgrades for the 59 mig 29 UPG too.

You can check previous CAG reports to know the cost .

Flying Dagger

Country flag
No. It was mock-uped... Only BVR Tejas (LSP-7) ever fired was Derby.

I doubt it even was trial flown with a R-77. Never seen any phtos, nor read. Do you know of any evidence in the contrary?

Sorry man You are right there is No R 77 on Tejas. It's just Derby and R 73 right now.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Right Now Mig 29 UPG will outperform Tejas in almost all aspect except rcs.

Though in future Tejas will have better radar ew system etc which Mig 29 UPG will not be getting atleast not ours.

Cost of operation and Ease of maintenance might be another factor in Tejas favor you can count.

EW of both the planes are made in Israel collaboration. So EW almost same.

HawkisRight

Country flag
Then what should I call ? And what should I correct ?

@ashdoc bro earlier said 5000 crore now you have a 4 times high figure .

Listen dude don't go by Print etc newspaper.

One Sukhoi cost 415 crore produced by HAL and 350 crore around if direct procured from Russia.

The mig 29 deal which is around 847 million dollar include upgrade and weapon some spare parts etc.

Having said that the new 18000 crore around deal was a shocker for me too apparently news are there will be some upgrades for the 59 mig 29 UPG too.

You can check previous CAG reports to know the cost .
I don't know if mod delete this post but ur question is answered down

And this

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I don't know if mod delete this post but ur question is answered down

And this

And as I said it includes upgrade of all Migs etc. Thanks for confirming the same.

I did read abt 248 Astra being bought but not sure if it is the part of this deal. Good to know that now it is being integrated for entire fleet. This also means IAF is on schedule to replace all R77 with Astra by 2022 on russian platforms.

And it clearly confirms 10000 crore isn't the cost of Sukhoi 30 mki as HAL produce them for 415 crore each that means around 5000 crore . The rest are spare etc whatever they may have purchased.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
People are again comparing Mig29 with Tejas by comparing their weapons load. Makes me laugh tbh.
If you have to compare then compare of mk 2 or AMCA with the 2000's or MIG 29's

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles