Launch: LVM3 M2 with 36 OneWeb (British) Satellites - 22 October 2022 00:07 IST

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Falxon Heavy can carry 70 tonnes. When are we going to reach there.
The short and simple layman's answer :) is when ISRO develops more powerful propulsive capabilities.
India Heavy and Super heavy rockets will become a reality by end of this decade (or beginning of next one). ISRO has decided it needs heavy lift launch vehicles for orbiters androvers in deep space (Jupiter and beyond) and cargo rockets for space station). Same SCE-200 engines are planned to be clustered for 60-130 tonnes LEO capacity launch vehicle in every concept. So once we have dated plans for a manned moon mission or at least a lunar space station, we will see our SHLV within 6~10 years from then.

Other factors which might accelerate it may be upcoming space race with US or China in 2030s or 40s.

All depends upon SCE-200 engine trial to be happened before 2025. All these long term dreams have been built on success of SCE-200.
Although a 20 tonnes capacity LEO rocket Methane engine is in development parallely too.

LVM3 (GSLV Mk3) itself will reach 7.5 tonnes GTO (13 tonnes LEO) by end of this decade.

TopWatcher

Country flag
India Heavy and Super heavy rockets will become a reality by end of this decade (or beginning of next one). ISRO has decided it needs heavy lift launch vehicles for orbiters androvers in deep space (Jupiter and beyond) and cargo rockets for space station). Same SCE-200 engines are planned to be clustered for 60-130 tonnes LEO capacity launch vehicle in every concept. So once we have dated plans for a manned moon mission or at least a lunar space station, we will see our SHLV within 6~10 years from then.

Other factors which might accelerate it may be upcoming space race with US or China in 2030s or 40s.

All depends upon SCE-200 engine trial to be happened before 2025. All these long term dreams have been built on success of SCE-200.
Although a 20 tonnes capacity LEO rocket Methane engine is in development parallely too.

LVM3 (GSLV Mk3) itself will reach 7.5 tonnes GTO (13 tonnes LEO) by end of this decade.
I would say let pvt companies take commercial launch and ISRO work on science projects and human space flights only.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I would say let pvt companies take commercial launch and ISRO work on science projects and human space flights only.
HLV/SHLV class rockets have zero commercial use too. That is essential for deep space or manned moon/Mars missions only for ISRO.

Indian private companies will fill the space of PSLV/GSLV/LVM3 class rockets in next 10-20 years. They neither have funds to develop any SHLV like Falcon 9 or ISRO NGLV nor they have any need to do it. Heaviest commercial payloads reach 6~7 tonnes rarely. Most weigh from 100kg to 5 tonnes.
Launching 8~10 tonnes load at once itself is not economical.

TopWatcher

Country flag
HLV/SHLV class rockets have zero commercial use too. That is essential for deep space or manned moon/Mars missions only for ISRO.

Indian private companies will fill the space of PSLV/GSLV/LVM3 class rockets in next 10-20 years. They neither have funds to develop any SHLV like Falcon 9 or ISRO NGLV nor they have any need to do it. Heaviest commercial payloads reach 6~7 tonnes rarely. Most weigh from 100kg to 5 tonnes.
Launching 8~10 tonnes load at once itself is not economical.
ISRO budget need to increase also as we are now above 3T economy.

TopWatcher

Country flag
Budget increases as per activity, production and delivery schedules. Increasing budget doesn't make any difference and budget allocated of one program can never be used on other.

Stop writing cliché comments for the sake of replying.
Don't bother. When money comes then new window opens. So dont tell me budget never makes any impact. My comments are much better then you.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
When money comes then new window opens.
No, if you have ever worked for any project for government or private company, budget is released after feasibility of idea is proved.

Governments don't just throw money. No government in world throws money unless politicians are doing scams.
So dont tell me budget never makes any impact.
Budget makes impact on running projects.

Budget doesn't create any new project, projects create budget. Once there is a requirement, government is asked for budget.

ISRO won't become NASA even if government gives them $30 billions. They suddenly won't get trained scientists to begin new projects and succeed immediately.

It is just a delusion of Indian social media juvenile that budget is only problem of India.
My comments are much better then you.
I'm not here to compete with you on "quality of comments" lol. I'm a real active engineer don't seek certificates from anyone. (I don't know what's your criteria of "betterness" of "comments" on logic/fact based topic). Money (thousands of crores) is no joke. You have to plan for every single penny you need on which project and later explain and book cost and reason of cost overruns. Even a little negligence results in corruption and embezzlements.

But certainly, your knowledge of organisational function is not better than any other member of DFI. You are too noob and better do read some procedures, history, technology or at least DFI threads.

TopWatcher

Country flag
No, if you have ever worked for any project for government or private company, budget is released after feasibility of idea is proved.

Governments don't just throw money. No government in world throws money unless politicians are doing scams.

Budget makes impact on running projects.

Budget doesn't create any new project, projects create budget. Once there is a requirement, government is asked for budget.

ISRO won't become NASA even if government gives them $30 billions. They suddenly won't get trained scientists to begin new projects and succeed immediately.

It is just a delusion of Indian social media juvenile that budget is only problem of India.

I'm not here to compete with you on "quality of comments" lol. I'm a real active engineer don't seek certificates from anyone. (I don't know what's your criteria of "betterness" of "comments" on logic/fact based topic). Money (thousands of crores) is no joke. You have to plan for every single penny you need on which project and later explain and book cost and reason of cost overruns. Even a little negligence results in corruption and embezzlements.

But certainly, your knowledge of organisational function is not better than any other member of DFI. You are too noob and better do read some procedures, history, technology or at least DFI threads.
Chalo bhai tum jeete .

ISRO submitted various feasibility report and new plans but govt rejected.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
ISRO can generate close to 6000 crores revenue by launching all of the one web satellites. This is a significant amount and adds to their budget.

ISRO is slowly rising!

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
ISRO can generate close to 6000 crores revenue by launching all of the one web satellites. This is a significant amount and adds to their budget.

ISRO is slowly rising!
almost 400 already launched, only about 200 more up fro grabs.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles