Latin America the impact of the Spanish empire in modern times

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Spain doesn't have a standing in aerospace against Germany, France or UK or Asian states in most aspects. It's a manufacturer, not a major R&D base building new fighter designs. Obviously, it's developed country with high per person output in tech sector like most former colonial powers (even though Spain and Portugal are weakest among them). But yet, overall technological, economic and military output is midget which won't prolong as Spanish economy has been nosediving and unrests are rising. Spain is indeed an underdog in European and global politics.

We don't see Spain testing and deploying giant strategic weapons, testing nukes, sending rockets in space, planets or building space stations or bullying around anyone with its military might or economic prowess. Spain's era is just no more.
that is not accurate, technology is not about pride, but about practicality see

First two new-build aircraft to be delivered in P1Eb FW configuration

Madrid, 23 January 2018 – Airbus Defence and Space has delivered to the Spanish Air Force the first two Eurofighter Typhoons to be produced in the latest configuration with enhanced air-to-surface capabilities.

The aircraft were manufactured at the Getafe Final Assembly Line in the P1Eb FW (Phase 1 Enhanced Further Work) configuration which marks a key step in the overall Eurofighter evolution plan.

https://www.airbus.com/en/newsroom/...est-standard-eurofighter-to-spanish-air-force

Tell me where is Getafe?
1636288646864.png

Airbus transforms its Getafe plant into Europe's third largest aerospace facility

Eurocopter’s Tiger combat helicopter program has reached an important new milestone with the maiden flight on July 29 of the initial Tiger HAD/E variant assembled at Eurocopter’s Spanish facilities in Albacete, Spain.

Talgo 350 (T350) Very High Speed Trains
Talgo 350 (T350) is a very high speed train developed by Patentes Talgo (Tren Articulado Ligero Goicoechea Oriol), a Spanish company.
1636289133982.png

what about designing an aircraft carrier?

1636289265116.png

The Spanish shipbuilder Navantia, 100% owned by the Spanish Government, is a world reference in the design, construction and integration of state-of-the-art war ships, as well as ship repairs & modernizations. It is also engaged in the design and manufacture of Integrated Platform Management Systems, Fire Control Systems, Combat Systems, Command and Control systems, Propulsion Plants and through life support for all its products. Even though its main line of activity is in the naval field, Navantia designs and manufactures systems for the Army and the Air Force, and it is a first class company in the development, fabrication and maintenance of engines, generator groups and turbines, as well.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Yes, i think it's pretty accurate, now it's a peaceful nation with nothing happens there.
When i was in Nordic nations, i only see agriculture products from Spain. In 2020, the S.Korea officiallky surpassed Spain on per GDP.
quiet ignorant statement, Spain can build aircraft carriers and your ignorance is ample

Founded in 1989, ITP Aero was created on the basis of a European defence programme, Eurofighter, and has since consolidated itself as the Spanish aeronautical engine company, headquartered in Zamudio, Bizkaia. ITP Aero is today the ninth largest aeronautical engine and components company in the world.
1636290217593.png

3D jet engine part built by ITP

https://www.itpaero.com/en/about-itp-aero/history/ and the company has returned to Spain again https://www.lainformacion.com/empresas/rolls-venta-itp-bain-capital/2849733/

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Spanish fighters to monitor the Baltic in the midst of Russian military escalation
December 31, 2014

in Frontpage, Spain
Spain doesn't have a standing in aerospace against Germany, France or UK or Asian states in most aspects. It's a manufacturer, not a major R&D base building new fighter designs. Obviously, it's developed country with high per person output in tech sector like most former colonial powers (even though Spain and Portugal are weakest among them). But yet, overall technological, economic and military output is midget which won't prolong as Spanish economy has been nosediving and unrests are rising. Spain is indeed an underdog in European and global politics.

We don't see Spain testing and deploying giant strategic weapons, testing nukes, sending rockets in space, planets or building space stations or bullying around anyone with its military might or economic prowess. Spain's era is just no more.
1636290710775.png

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Yes, i think it's pretty accurate, now it's a peaceful nation with nothing happens there.
When i was in Nordic nations, i only see agriculture products from Spain. In 2020, the S.Korea officiallky surpassed Spain on per GDP.
Ignorance is not a excuse to do not research before opening the mouth

Boreas 2018 built and designed in Spain

read you will see the car is a western invention and Spain can design them

1636290904023.png

Uro vanmtak research where it is designed
1636291240118.png

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
  • The Talium system facilitates the planning of complex missions involving numerous and diverse aircraft. It increases the efficiency, speed, coordination and security of deployments
  • It processes tactical and logistical data and autonomously assesses the feasibility of the operation. 3D mapping and virtual reality enable it to visualize the mission before carrying it out
  • Talium and TDMS, its airborne version, are ready to operate in a “combat cloud” environment, supporting effective real-time decision-making to intervene in highly-digitized and asymmetric scenarios and respond to advanced adversaries
Indra unveils its state-of-the-art mission system for next generation aircrafts

Indra is one of the technology companies at the helm of the digitization of defence. The company has just unveiled one of the most advanced tactical mission systems on the market, specially designed to support next-generation aircraft that will operate in highly digitized scenarios against technologically advanced adversaries.
The solution allows commanders to plan and conduct complex operations with impressive accuracy, coordinating the involvement of multiple aircraft, each with its different characteristics and capabilities. It’s a next-generation system that drastically reduces mission complexity in the digital domain and it’s ready to operate in a “combat cloud” environment, facilitating effective decision-making in a streamlined manner.

Where is Indra from?

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Spain was a very bad colonial power. Spanish were too insular from and too exploitative of its colonies. They did not even educate much their colonies.
the Philipines were some of their colonies not the only one your experience is much different to the ones in America.

rockdog

Country flag
Ignorance is not a excuse to do not research before opening the mouth

Boreas 2018 built and designed in Spain

read you will see the car is a western invention and Spain can design them

View attachment 117978

Uro vanmtak research where it is designed
View attachment 117981
Question 1: why Spain not in G7 club,how spanish people think about it?

Question 2: when after ww2, USA treated Latin American national as backyard, setup or destroy Banana Republics by hobby, did they inform their former master Spain? How spainsh people think about it?

please elaborate

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
I think they're mostly the same. The Spanish only were only kinder to mestizos while natives were left out.
I will first say me and you if we were in the Spanish Colonies were ruled under the same district, in Fact from Mexico city the Philipines were managed.

However to understand our present, you have to understand what we have in common.

We have catholism as the main cultural trait, however Mexico is much closer to Europe, so there was more immigration from Europe to the Americas during the colony.

If you go to Cuba you will see at least 40% of people are of Spanish origin and another 45% mulatos.

You do not have the same amount of Spanish immigrants.

Further more you adopted English, we continue with Spanish.

Why we are not so developed, it will depend Chile Argentina or Uruguay are very developed nations comparable to some Easter European nations, while el Salvador, Honduras or nicaragua are really poor.

Why? it has more to do with with the size of the populations. since the biggest Latin American nations are Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and Colombia.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Question 1: why Spain not in G7 club,how spanish people think about it?

Question 2: when after ww2, USA treated Latin American national as backyard, setup or destroy Banana Republics by hobby, did they inform their former master Spain? How spainsh people think about it?

please elaborate
relax Chinese you think China is the USA, reality Check China barely has the standards of living of Colombia.

Argentina, Uruguay, Chile have standards of living much Higher than China, Mexico and Brazil slightly higher than China, so the main Latin American population lives slightly better than China.

Spain is an economy very developed in fact is the 20th best contry to live in the world, most Chinese and hypocrites like you immigrated from rural or empoverished China to the west.

Spain has a small population, thus its economy is not the largest as macro-economy, Spain has 44 million people less than France, Germany or England, so when you see it its economy is roughly the size of South Korea, but it has much less people.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I will first say me and you if we were in the Spanish Colonies were ruled under the same district, in Fact from Mexico city the Philipines were managed.

However to understand our present, you have to understand what we have in common.

We have catholism as the main cultural trait, however Mexico is much closer to Europe, so there was more immigration from Europe to the Americas during the colony.

If you go to Cuba you will see at least 40% of people are of Spanish origin and another 45% mulatos.

You do not have the same amount of Spanish immigrants.

Further more you adopted English, we continue with Spanish.

Why we are not so developed, it will depend Chile Argentina or Uruguay are very developed nations comparable to some Easter European nations, while el Salvador, Honduras or nicaragua are really poor.

Why? it has more to do with with the size of the populations. since the biggest Latin American nations are Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and Colombia.

Spanish only wanted "Catholics" and lands. They did not educate their colonies and are the worst in setting up governments.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Spanish only wanted "Catholics" and lands. They did not educate their colonies and are the worst in setting up governments.
that is not true and tell me where was the first university set in the Americas? yes in Mexico city, Spain did educated the people, however Spain came late to the industrial revolution, so the education lagged with respect England, we as colonies, were restricted to get immigrants from England.

rockdog

Country flag
relax Chinese you think China is the USA, reality Check China barely has the standards of living of Colombia.

Argentina, Uruguay, Chile have standards of living much Higher than China, Mexico and Brazil slightly higher than China, so the main Latin American population lives slightly better than China.

Spain is an economy very developed in fact is the 20th best contry to live in the world, most Chinese and hypocrites like you immigrated from rural or empoverished China to the west.

Spain has a small population, thus its economy is not the largest as macro-economy, Spain has 44 million people less than France, Germany or England, so when you see it its economy is roughly the size of South Korea, but it has much less people.
still not answer my question if Canada has smaller population,why it's G7 but Spain not?

How Spanish people see USA's behavior to Latin America Nations. Treat them as banana republics?

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
still not answer my question if Canada has smaller population,why it's G7 but Spain not?

How Spanish people see USA's behavior to Latin America Nations. Treat them as banana republics?
Spain is the 13th economy in the world and 20th in HDI, Canada is the 10th nation so basically is not G7.

Now you are mixing things, Spain has 46 million people, China has 1400 million people got it?

multiply the per capita GDP by the population and you get China has an economy around 10 bigger than Spain, but you forget an average Chinese has the living standard of a Colombian.

Most Chinese are as poor as Colombians I know you get great pride to have nuclear weapons or J-20, but Sorry Brazil has Embraer and Argentina or Brazil can make nukes, but that is not progress.

Progress is freedom and good standards of livins something china has not

MiG-29SMT

Country flag

For poor people in China or Mexico or Brazil poverty is the same see poor of China

1636326920093.png

1636327198466.png

poor of Mexico

1636327019215.png

1636327057580.png

you forget your home country has poor people and hundreds of millions, you live an irreality, I do not, I know in Mexico we have poor

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Buenos Aires Argentina

TAM the Argentine made and Disegned in Argentina with German help, 200 built 26 tonnes weight

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
1636335338910.png

Besides Embraer, Brazil designs and makes buses and its main Brazilian cpmpany is marcopolo]

1636335436292.png

Fundada em 1949, a Marcopolo investe em tecnologia, aprimoramento e superação. A empresa promove a contínua elevação da qualidade de vida de seus colaboradores e das comunidades onde atua, por meio de diversas iniciativas em educação, cidadania e gestão ambiental. Uma das maiores fabricantes de carrocerias de ônibus do mundo, passou, recentemente, a atuar também nos segmentos de LCV, peças e componentes e de produtos plásticos.

Founded in 1949, Marcopolo invests in technology, improvement and improvement. The company promotes the continuous improvement of the quality of life of its employees and the communities where it operates, through various initiatives in education, citizenship and environmental management. One of the largest bus body manufacturers in the world, it has recently also started operating in the LCV, parts and components and plastic products segments.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles