Las Vegas Shooting: More Than 50 Killed and 200 Hurt Near Mandalay Bay

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
@spikey360 even a semi auto can put down a rediculous volume of medal.

Check out this semi auto shotgun and how fast one can empty a drum magazine.

Very cool! I understand that even semi-auto has tremendous capabilities.
Guns are lethal force.
Once a sane, innocent man is pointing a gun towards you, understand that he has every desire to kill you for your committed or intended actions, because that poses a threat to his life, or someone he holds dear.

In the right hands, even revolvers can cause massacres. Imagine lining up "targets" in a row like they did in Nazi Germany and shooting the "targets" with something like .357 Magnum round. Now, that's damage!

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Very cool! I understand that even semi-auto has tremendous capabilities.
Guns are lethal force.
Once a sane, innocent man is pointing a gun towards you, understand that he has every desire to kill you for your committed or intended actions, because that poses a threat to his life, or someone he holds dear.

In the right hands, even revolvers can cause massacres. Imagine lining up "targets" in a row like they did in Nazi Germany and shooting the "targets" with something like .357 Magnum round. Now, that's damage!
Plus once the cat is out of the bag so as to speak and there is a pervasive gun culture, the bad guys will manage to acquire weapons anyway.

Check this out, plans for a Sten gun

stevespages.com/pdf/sten_mk2_complete_machine_instructions.pdf

devhensh

Haha! Yes I understand that it is not so complicated a process to convert a semi into a fully auto. But then, the only solution will be to have no form of auto. That is not so good. Even pistols are, technically semi-automatic.
Permits for Full Auto guns (Long guns /handguns) are quite difficult and expensive to get even in USA. To convert a Semiauto to Full auto is a criminal offence(without the Government Permit).....

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/i...cult-and-especially-expensive/article/2636302

A trained / expereinced shooter with a Modern AR is much more effective while shooting rapid aimed semiauto shots than full auto, because it's the shot placement which kills..I have seen such law abiding and hardworking people shoot at ranges....Such people are the real deterent to any evil mass shooter..

But i don't think Guns are the issue...The real issue is the MENTAL & MORAL decay of generation after generation..You'll see that most of these mass shooters had a history of mental illness...they never had to struggle in life...had no goals / inspiration ...nothing to live for

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Permits for Full Auto guns (Long guns /handguns) are quite difficult and expensive to get even in USA. To convert a Semiauto to Full auto is a criminal offence.....

A trained / expereinced shooter with a Modern AR is much more effective while shooting rapid aimed semiauto shots than full auto, because it's the shot placement which kills..I have seen such law abiding and hardworking people shoot at ranges....Such people are the real deterent to any evil mass shooter..

But i don't think Guns are the issue...The real issue is the MENTAL & MORAL decay of generation after generation..You'll see that most of these mass shooters had a history of mental illness...they never had to struggle in life...had no goals / inspiration ...nothing to live for
Technically you are correct. However, a bump stock is legal and is what the shooter used on his rifles. It doesn't convert the rifle to full auto but effectively functions the same way.

Khagesh

Guns vs. Morals is like Sunny Leone Vs. Morals.

Only difference between Guns in USA and Guns in eg. India/congo, is the difference between putting Sunny Leone in the same room as Salman Khan (thats US) and putting Sunny Leone in the same room as your horny but otherwise normal son (that would be India/Congo).

Could be that a Samnaysi would fare better than Salman Khan or your horny son but that would require years of focused efforts on Samnyas and Tapas. Sala, kiske pass time hai itna.

devhensh

Technically you are correct. However, a bump stock is legal and is what the shooter used on his rifles. It doesn't convert the rifle to full auto but effectively functions the same way.
Absolutely right ! That's exactly what i have posted in this very thread, yesterday........If i am not wrong the Bump Stock can be had for less than 100 $....But except in some specific scenarios, i don't think it will be very effective......Rapid Aimed Fire from Semi Auto AR-15 is very very Lethal...sometimes much more than spray and pray auto fire......

But again my point is .....Guns don't kill people...People kill people......This Mental and Moral Decay is that needs to be stopped and rectified if possible...

Last edited:

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Plus once the cat is out of the bag so as to speak and there is a pervasive gun culture, the bad guys will manage to acquire weapons anyway.
Exactly. In any case, bad guys always have the guns.
So gun culture gives legality, credence and respects the good guy carrying guns. It is something which is very positive.
Anyone opposing Arms Act citing bad influence of guns is insane themselves and probably wanted to kill someone, but never had the courage or means to.

devhensh

Only difference between Guns in USA and Guns in eg. India/congo, is the difference between putting Sunny Leone in the same room as Salman Khan (thats US) and putting Sunny Leone in the same room as your horny but otherwise normal son (that would be India/Congo).

Could be that a Samnaysi would fare better than Salman Khan or your horny son but that would require years of focused efforts on Samnyas and Tapas. Sala, kiske pass time hai itna.
It's not Guns vs Morals it's "Evil MF's vs Good Humans"...
A Guns is just a tool .....If one wants to kill humans in numbers, there are many much more effective tools ...We all have heard of incidents of Driving Trucks into crowded places, Planting IEDs(Improvised Explosive devices) in crowded Bus/Train stations etc......i even remember a gruesome case , where somebody killed 20 plus poeple in a school with just a big knife.....Can you ban all knives !!!

So what would you try to control, the Knives or Your Horny Son ?

Rather which is possible, ban all tools, or look and rectify the root cause ...

Last edited:

devhensh

Exactly. In any case, bad guys always have the guns.
So gun culture gives legality, credence and respects the good guy carrying guns. It is something which is very positive.
Anyone opposing Arms Act citing bad influence of guns is insane themselves and probably wanted to kill someone, but never had the courage or means to.
Very good point ! Let me share mine.....
I live in a state which has one of the highest gun ownership and even allows open carry ......The rates of crimes in this state and many more like this are the lowest in US.......There is a mutual respect and politeness as everybody knows that everybody is packing a gun:).........

Jokes apart, any Terrorist MF who tries to drive a truck in a crowd in US; will be shot down like a dog , by ordinary citizens, who carry all the time.....That's a big deterent and advantage......

Col. COLT said " God Made Men Unequal...I Made them Equal" ...

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
It's not Guns vs Morals it's "Evil MF's vs Good Humans"...
A Guns is just a tool .....If one wants to kill humans in numbers, there are many much more effective tools ...We all have heard of incidents of Driving Trucks into crowded places, Planting IEDs(Improvised Explosive devices) in crowded Bus/Train stations etc......i even remember a gruesome case , where somebody killed 20 plus poeple in a school with just a big knife.....Can you ban all knives !!!

So what would you try to control, the Knives or Your Horny Son ?

Rather which is possible, ban all tools, or look and rectify the root cause ...
Gun is designed to kill and be easily portable. That's what makes them dangerous. Besides gun is a ranged weapon and the victim has a lesser chance to defend himself against a gun. So your point remains invalid.

Though it is reasonable that people in the mid west needs guns. But, would anyone needs a gun in a city, when there is an effective police force? Americans must rethink about there freedom of choice.

devhensh

Gun is designed to kill and be easily portable. That's what makes them dangerous. Besides gun is a ranged weapon and the victim has a lesser chance to defend himself against a gun. So your point remains invalid.

Though it is reasonable that people in the mid west needs guns. But, would anyone needs a gun in a city, when there is an effective police force? Americans must rethink about there freedom of choice.
It's quite obvious that you have no idea of what you are talking about , when you call my point invalid....Have you even read what i wrote ?

I never said guns are not effective , but i said there are much more effective tools for people who want to create mass murders(gave two examples)......Just check the number of poeple who have died in terrorist incidents in EUROPE (an urmarmed society)....much more than US...Now ban Trucks and Knives too...

Plus Americans don't need suggestions from countries where genocides against minorities are common........

"People of Mid West Need Guns" ....What a joke....Unregulated Guns are the reason why middle east is a Hell Hole now !!!

I won't waste my time here anymore as i was here to share the real issues and not get into these pointless arguements, or even read this thread....

Last edited:

devhensh

India would be the worst example where thousands get killed every month by muggers and looters / robbers who are armed with firearm ( Crude / sophisticated ) and the majority of victims have nothing more than a kitchen knife ..
Exactly !!! When you ban legally owned firearms only the crooks will have them.....What does the common man have, to defend himself and family...

Abhijat

Country flag
Mutual respect and politeness comes from holding a gun. That's a new lesson for me today.

@Khagesh ji , you won't be able to get your point through these people , as their philosophical thinking is in quite contravention to yours. Morality from soul vs environment .

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

devhensh

Mutual respect and politeness comes from holding a gun. That's a new lesson for me today.

@Khagesh ji , you won't be able to get your point through these people , as their philosophical thinking is in quite contravention to yours. Morality from soul vs environment .

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk
WOW !!! After , talking so much about the the real reasons and Moral decay issues, the only point being highlighted is this....which i mentioned as a joke......Indeed no point discusing this any further....

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag

Your analogy is meant to incite but the point is valid. The thing is there used to be a weapons culture at some point before British took away guns. Now society has regressed so that we cannot trust our neighbor. Same basic problem as West but to a much greater degree.

Rule of law and mutual respect must be established before free gun ownership is allowed.

@YagamiLight had made a similar point about taxation. Property security, infrastructure etc should be developed before formalization.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Your analogy is meant to incite but the point is valid. The thing is there used to be a weapons culture at some point before British took away guns. Now society has regressed so that we cannot trust our neighbor. Same basic problem as West but to a much greater degree.

Rule of law and mutual respect must be established before free gun ownership is allowed.

@YagamiLight had made a similar point about taxation. Property security, infrastructure etc should be developed before formalization.
Are you saying that there should be a certain mindset before guns are legalized/liberalized??

Abhijat

Country flag
It doesn't come only from holding a gun but tell me what's wrong with that statement in a society where everybody is armed like in Texas?
-In an normal and sane society , what is the importance and need of gun culture ? , so is america normal/sane and solution is arming people or moral teaching ?

-Do you think more guns would solve the problem? Where were the mavericks when people were getting shot ?

- Would the above person be able to have caused such harm with one firearm and regulated number of bullets ? In India , only fix number of bullets can be purchased from shop ( IIRC 90 or so) . Can you purchase 40 firearms in India ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles