Lankan forces photographed killing 12-yr-old son of LTTE leader in col

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Re: Lankan forces photographed killing 12-yr-old son of LTTE leader in

It's not confirmed that the boy was in SLA custody. That one pic of him having biscuits proves nothing.
Okay, so if the media report is correct, would you say SLA is the culprit here.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

No, there is India's interests to be taken care of as per certain posters.
I am still not sure what exactly it is, in this scenario and how it plans to accomplish it :notsure:

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

I don't go by "IFS" of media.

vram

Country flag

This has all taken an amazingly SAD turn of events.
What I am able to make out these events is this...
Facts are -

The struggle between Sri Lanka and the LTTE was a WAR and there is no going around it. In war everybody suffers especially the young and the OLD. No hands are clean. THAT is why wars are always brutal.

The Sri Lankan army did commit atrocities as did the LTTE. I am Tamilian and will freely acknowledge that they where equally brutal. Infact some of my previous posts have argued about how LTTE was no saint. In the pinnacle of this civil war they could have taught the TALIBAN a thing or two about brutality. Some of the current jehadis where kids in front the LTTE tatics and also the original usage of Child and woman sucide bombers.
In this regards I agree that a KID with his entire future ahead of him should not have been murdered ......BUT was prabhakaran any lesser devil ? Is there any count of the number of children soldiers and child bombers that he recruited in this war ?? WHY ARE MY TAMIL brothers here not as righteous about this as they are about
Prabhakarans son being killed? Why this hipocracy...where the child soldiers also not TAMILS?
(Before anyone yammers at me for proof ...check my previous posts.)

Ultimately the LTTE also grew big due to the undue support of the Congress. Cupability for this cannot be denied by us.But to give Rajiv Gandhi his due he did try to correct this mistake with the IPKF. But then Geo political events seldom go according to plan and the Lankan president conspired along with prabhakaran to push us out. THe IPKF given a few more months could have wiped out LTTE as a effective fighting force. Some of my Lankan friends even call it the ill-fated Prabhakaran - Premedasa honeymoon. A mistake for which Premedasa lost his life and the lankan army lost many soldiers for another two decades. Rajiv Gandhi also paid the price ultimately. A circle of Joy.

There comes a point in any civil war when the sheer fatigue of violence makes people even Immune to Inhumanity, A study of all kinds of guerilla wars reveal this...the Americans where the foremost with their bombing of villages and caves where the villagers and children sheltered in the Vietnam war.

To many of my Lankan friends posting here ..I partially agree that LTTE was a terrorist organization that needed to be destroyed. But how your army went about is for many to see...AND judge. You can point as many as you want at INDIA or any other country but the end result is that you are left un satisfied and alienated Tamil minority, The seeds of future problems are already laid.
At the end of the day LTTE was a TERRORIST organizations while Lanka was a nation state. There are reasons why nations do not employ methods of terrorist while fighting. There are reasons why the Geneva conventions came into existance to prevent brutality.
Any state that does not follow these norms tends to get questioned like Israel, Libya etc...It is upto Lanka as a responsible democracy to show the world that they can effectively deal with excess committed by thier military or police force and set up a war crimes commission. No country in the world will be able to cast a slur on you then and show the world that your government is open and accountable to its people. For even the Tamils are Lankan there.

But if the intention is to retort back and push everything under the carpet with counter aligations then the next LTTE is not far behind in coming. And this time you want even have INDIA to blame for the trouble !!!

saradiel1

This has all taken an amazingly SAD turn of events.
What I am able to make out these events is this...
Facts are -

The struggle between Sri Lanka and the LTTE was a WAR and there is no going around it. In war everybody suffers especially the young and the OLD. No hands are clean. THAT is why wars are always brutal.

The Sri Lankan army did commit atrocities as did the LTTE. I am Tamilian and will freely acknowledge that they where equally brutal. Infact some of my previous posts have argued about how LTTE was no saint. In the pinnacle of this civil war they could have taught the TALIBAN a thing or two about brutality. Some of the current jehadis where kids in front the LTTE tatics and also the original usage of Child and woman sucide bombers.
In this regards I agree that a KID with his entire future ahead of him should not have been murdered ......BUT was prabhakaran any lesser devil ? Is there any count of the number of children soldiers and child bombers that he recruited in this war ?? WHY ARE MY TAMIL brothers here not as righteous about this as they are about
Prabhakarans son being killed? Why this hipocracy...where the child soldiers also not TAMILS?
(Before anyone yammers at me for proof ...check my previous posts.)

Ultimately the LTTE also grew big due to the undue support of the Congress. Cupability for this cannot be denied by us.But to give Rajiv Gandhi his due he did try to correct this mistake with the IPKF. But then Geo political events seldom go according to plan and the Lankan president conspired along with prabhakaran to push us out. THe IPKF given a few more months could have wiped out LTTE as a effective fighting force. Some of my Lankan friends even call it the ill-fated Prabhakaran - Premedasa honeymoon. A mistake for which Premedasa lost his life and the lankan army lost many soldiers for another two decades. Rajiv Gandhi also paid the price ultimately. A circle of Joy.

There comes a point in any civil war when the sheer fatigue of violence makes people even Immune to Inhumanity, A study of all kinds of guerilla wars reveal this...the Americans where the foremost with their bombing of villages and caves where the villagers and children sheltered in the Vietnam war.

To many of my Lankan friends posting here ..I partially agree that LTTE was a terrorist organization that needed to be destroyed. But how your army went about is for many to see...AND judge. You can point as many as you want at INDIA or any other country but the end result is that you are left un satisfied and alienated Tamil minority, The seeds of future problems are already laid.
At the end of the day LTTE was a TERRORIST organizations while Lanka was a nation state. There are reasons why nations do not employ methods of terrorist while fighting. There are reasons why the Geneva conventions came into existance to prevent brutality.
Any state that does not follow these norms tends to get questioned like Israel, Libya etc...It is upto Lanka as a responsible democracy to show the world that they can effectively deal with excess committed by thier military or police force and set up a war crimes commission. No country in the world will be able to cast a slur on you then and show the world that your government is open and accountable to its people. For even the Tamils are Lankan there.

But if the intention is to retort back and push everything under the carpet with counter aligations then the next LTTE is not far behind in coming. And this time you want even have INDIA to blame for the trouble !!!
happy to see there is at least one TN tamil ready accept LTTE as a brutal terrorist orgn.
About SLA

i never said or believe that SLA is a saint. They are a brutal force when faced with an enemy. Many sinhalese ppl witnessed that themselves during JVP time. There have been many human rights violation, brutal killings of sinhala youth. therefore i never say SLA have behaved saintly. I believe it depends on the enemy, the more brutal the org is, the more brutal the army gets.

About a solution,
I believe a proper power devolution answering the grievences of tamils is a must.

War crimes
the crimes in SL should be investigated internally. SL cannot go for war crime investigations, when other known war criminals have never been investigated. otherwise this is pure politics.

Re emergence of LTTE

i hardly think it would happen.
1. Tamils are exhausted with a war.
2. SLA is not the ceremonial army in early 80s.
3. Tamils are not a major force in SL like they were in 70s and 80s.
4. the social makeup has changed a lot, with Muslims emerging in East lessening Tamil power.

Even if this war took 30 yrs, if there ever is anothr 1, it would only take 30 days.

Not the next time as u say, india have to bear blame partly for the previous one as well. But i hardly think india would ever do it again. If it did it can have serious implications on india and make the region unstable.

vram

Country flag

I believe it depends on the enemy, the more brutal the org is, the more brutal the army gets.

About a solution,
I believe a proper power devolution answering the grievences of tamils is a must.

War crimes
the crimes in SL should be investigated internally. SL cannot go for war crime investigations, when other known war criminals have never been investigated. otherwise this is pure politics.

Re emergence of LTTE

i hardly think it would happen.
1. Tamils are exhausted with a war.
2. SLA is not the ceremonial army in early 80s.
3. Tamils are not a major force in SL like they were in 70s and 80s.
4. the social makeup has changed a lot, with Muslims emerging in East lessening Tamil power.

Even if this war took 30 yrs, if there ever is anothr 1, it would only take 30 days.

Not the next time as u say, india have to bear blame partly for the previous one as well. But i hardly think india would ever do it again. If it did it can have serious implications on india and make the region unstable.

When I meant a War crimes commision I expected it to be a internal Sri Lanka initiative only.BUT Not just one for namesake to pacify the world but also a commision that really has powers to question Lankan Military officials and also punish them . It should be impartial enough to be acceptable by the international community.

There is one point which i do not agree with you. A professional army of a responsible nation state cannot be inhumane and brutal just because the enemy is so...Then WHAT is the difference between the army and the terrorist??? There can be isolated incidents (Maintaining complete discipline in a war zone is difficult) But consistent brutality and human rights violation at the end of the war when the LTTE was much weaker smells of revenge no matter who was caught in the cross fire and shows a pattern....Killing a enemy fighter is nessecary in war to win but killing unarmed people in the war zone especially by a professional army all shows up being personal and smacks of being driven by ethnicity. Even the captured unarmed enemy fighter should be given the proper treatment of barest humanity ...There are Chapters of Geneva conventions for that which Lanka has officially signed....

Also there is enough blame here to go around between Lanka , India and the LTTE. No body came out of this smelling like roses...And all three paid the price in one form or the other.

Also when I meant the re emergence of LTTE i did not mean as a fighting force. More as voice of dissident in Lanka and outside. You brush aside Tamils because they are not poltically powerful now and can be finished of in 30 days itself is a Statement of the current situation of Sri Lanka. You see them more as a problem that can be suppressed rather than a majority of people who where caught in this cross fire between LTTE and the Sinhalese majority. Either the DEVIL or the Deep blue sea is thier plight.

INDIA will not be part of this in the future. Atleast nothing more than superficially . For all the noise that is being made for many of the problems here , INDIA is much more integrated and solidly governed than many nations around the world. We have our troubles but we have our many successes as well. We are no China ...but we are not the INDIA of 1980 as well.
It is upto Lanka how it treats its people. But do not expect appreciation from around the world when there is denial of obvious war crimes. It should Ideally have been Lanka which had brought out these problems in a open manner and instituted a constitutional body to investigate these crimes. Not some British magazine or paper or channel.
But Sadly note till now your people have only counter argued , gotten nationalistic or down right denial.

vram

Country flag

self delete . Duplicate

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag

It should be impartial enough to be acceptable by the international community.
We should not to do anything to satisfy the International community because we cannot. Or else we should hand the whole country to them for the governess.

There is one point which i do not agree with you. A professional army of a responsible nation state cannot be inhumane and brutal just because the enemy is so...Then WHAT is the difference between the army and the terrorist??? There can be isolated incidents (Maintaining complete discipline in a war zone is difficult) But consistent brutality and human rights violation at the end of the war when the LTTE was much weaker smells of revenge no matter who was caught in the cross fire and shows a pattern....Killing a enemy fighter is nessecary in war to win but killing unarmed people in the war zone especially by a professional army all shows up being personal and smacks of being driven by ethnicity. Even the captured unarmed enemy fighter should be given the proper treatment of barest humanity ...There are Chapters of Geneva conventions for that which Lanka has officially signed....
Geneva convention is for a war between civilized armies. But LTTE was a terra organization which didn't bind by such a laws. They do not follow the rules of war. Therefore SLA had to become like LTTE to finish them off.

mikhail

Country flag

SL never denied the SL tamils citizenship.

SL did not stifle the Tamil cultural identity at any point

SL did not ban Tamil language or literature at any point.

India did not pass any acts like this, but made sure Urdu in India die a natural death.

Tamils asked for reserved seats, at the dawn of independance because they feared. They asked for 50/50. That means 50% of parliament seats for 10% tamils
you have the guts to compare a genocidal country like SL with India!tell me an incident where the Indian Security forces committed a mass genocide of civilians like what your SLA did to the Lankan Tamils!
we don't have any intention to let a rich language like Urdu die a natural death,heck we even made Urdu as one of the 22 scheduled languages in our Constitution.
so don't try to compare yourselves with us,we are nothing like you guys!
remember an old saying "as you sow so shall you reap",you will get the same treatment that you did to the lankan Tamils at some point of time as they always say that "karma is indeed a bit*h"!

Last edited:

The Last Stand

Country flag

The child paid for the sins of the father - darkly reminiscent of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare :(

When compared to LTTE, Taliban is holy. Being Tamil, I can frankly say that while TN seems to ignore Prabhakaran's failings and tries to portray him as a freedom fighter, he will remain a goddamned ******* who ruined the lives of millions of children by brainwashing them to fight and become suicide bombers when their whole life was ahead of them.

May Prabhakaran RIH - Rot in Hell.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag

Many Indian Tamils have a very selective memory when it comes to the LTTE.
They conveniently forget about how brutal an organisation the LTTE was.

Sri lankans are not Nazi Germany. They were not trying to exterminate the Tamil race or culture in SL.
Im sure many SL Tamils are secretly glad that Prabakaran and his whole family and the LTTE are gone, even if they cant say that in public.

Good Riddance to the LTTE !!

Last edited:

The Last Stand

Country flag

Most indian Tamils have a very selective memory when it comes to the LTTE.
They conveniently forget about how brutal an organisation the LTTE was.

Sri lankans are not Nazi Germany. They were not trying go exterminate the Tamils.
Im sure many SL Tamils are secretly glad that Prabakaran and his whole family and the LTTE are gone, even if they cant say that in public.
Only half-literate Indian Tamils who believe everything DMK says get "selective memory". DMK feeds them :bs: about Prabhakaran and makes a sinner look like a saint.

LTTE deserved to be crushed like the dangerous poisonous lizard they were. They just needed a nice stamp underfoot. SL is not Nazi Germany. The Nazis make LTTE look like 3 year olds with BB guns.

SL Tamils are definitely glad that Prabhakaran is down below.

I am Tamil for the record.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles