Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant

Phenom

^^ Not in this case

The entire movement just came out of nowhere. The plant construction has been going on for years and suddenly as its nearing completion this whole movement starts.

plugwater

I thought JJ will make her move after the election.

Church should back off!! I dont know why they are involved here!!

SHASH2K2

looking for more and more fools to convert in to christianity . what else .

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Cheap Medha Patkar is risking investment of 13,000crores. She should be slapped that many times.

plugwater

looking for more and more fools to convert in to christianity . what else .
I guess!!

But you know these parts are already filled with more Christians than anywhere in tamil nadu!!

Time to shoot some bishops from these areas 8)

SHASH2K2

I guess!!

But you know these parts are already filled with more Christians than anywhere in tamil nadu!!

Time to shoot some bishops from these areas 8)
Then I would say Holy father and his church is protecting his foks . :D

Reactions: KS

plugwater

Then I would say Holy father and his church is protecting his foks . :D
They are idiots!!

Question is where did the church go when they build reactors in other parts of the world?

I blame the people who are following them blindly.

plugwater

What JJ should do is cut the power supply to all the churches in the south, then they will know which one is worse, less than 1% chance of radiation leak or living without electricity.. that would teach them a lesson.

SHASH2K2

What JJ should do is cut the power supply to all the churches in the south, then they will know which one is worse, less than 1% chance of radiation leak or living without electricity.. that would teach them a lesson.
eggggxactly. Thats what we should do with all those anti nuclear plant protectors. stupids have problem with coal energy , gas power plant, with hydel power plant and not even nuclear power plants .
perhaps we should develop portable bio gas plant that they can carry with themselves and user their waste product to generate energy. :rofl:
2nd option is to create a special zone without power, road or any modern systems and dump all protestors there.
3rd option is to cut power and water supply in their area and put posters that they are the stupids because of whom others are sufefring . public will do the rest.

SPIEZ

Country flag
They are idiots!!

Question is where did the church go when they build reactors in other parts of the world?

I blame the people who are following them blindly.
The chruch didn't involve itself until the very last moment, when the protestors began their indefinite Fast/protests.

And for a sudden protest they seemed to be well prepared.

plugwater

eggggxactly. Thats what we should do with all those anti nuclear plant protectors. stupids have problem with coal energy , gas power plant, with hydel power plant and not even nuclear power plants .
perhaps we should develop portable bio gas plant that they can carry with themselves and user their waste product to generate energy. :rofl:
2nd option is to create a special zone without power, road or any modern systems and dump all protestors there.
3rd option is to cut power and water supply in their area and put posters that they are the stupids because of whom others are sufefring . public will do the rest.
LOL. You are cruel :scared2:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Not a core-member. And if they belong to team anna doesn't mean whatever they say is absolutely right, for eg: what Prashant Bhushan said.
On tv im seeing more and more "bleeding hearts" being the voice of anna.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
If true, how far can these market forces+church can continue protests? JJ should cut deal with church & clear way for N-plant.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Has this article been posted before ? It's by Bharat Karnad

It cannot be the case that the people protesting in Koodankulam have suddenly become knowledgeable about the dangers posed by a nuclear power station in their backyard. The bulk of the protesters seem to be the bus-ed in crowd, prepared to shout slogans and sit-in for a price as the organisers strut about mouthing stuff the audience barely comprehends about Koodankulam being a horrendous nuclear accident waiting to happen. The disaster at the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear power complex has provided them a handle. Unfortunately for the world, Japan has provided two intertwined benchmarks — the catastrophic destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki by atomic weapons, and the Fukushima civilian nuclear plant disaster, until now when Fukushima is portrayed as a Hiroshima by other nuclear means.

What has rendered Koodankulam an emotive issue, is the supposed shortfalls in nuclear safety that have ended up conjuring popular visions of a Fukushima in waiting. It brooks no reasonable debate as the issue has transited into the realm of faith, the physics and engineering of it be damned. This seems literally the case with the recently elected Koodankulam panchayat president Sandal V Muthuraja, who revealed to the Press that his election owed much to a parish priest of nearby Idinthakarai throwing his support behind him in return for opposing the nuclear power plant. It is possible that, unusual for a cleric, he is equally well-versed in Catholic liturgy and radiation risk analysis. More likely, however, he is an average Joe and a nuclear know-nothing convinced he is doing god's work if it also results in the filling of church coffers. The question then is the identity and motivation of the donors. The anti-nuclear lobby in India, unlike the well-off Green Movement in the West, is cash poor and so marginalised it has become irrelevant. But along with local opinion leaders, it has been co-opted by the well-funded Greens from abroad, to lead the fight against Koodankulam. This is what S K Jain, chairman, Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd believes has happened, referring darkly to "Foreign nationals who are green from the US, Finland, France, Australia and Germany.... and backing locals in their agitation."

The US reactor deals are thus hanging fire pending, at best, papering over of the differences between the Indian liability law and CSC. Russia, having grandfathered the Koodankulam plant under a 1988 bilateral agreement, has contracted to build four more VVER 1000 reactor units at the same location, which is seen by Washington as unfair advantage accruing to Moscow. This Russian edge is perhaps sought to be blunted by funnelling monies into a popular movement against the Koodankulam plant just before its commissioning. Considering its predicament, Russia may have encouraged the Communist Party (Marxist) to form the 'National Committee in Support of Jaitapur Struggle' and do in this Konkan fishing village what the Western countries may be doing to it in Koodankulam — using environmental and safety concerns to rouse the ire of people to stop the Areva plants from getting off the ground. This is equalisation process at work where the dog-eat-dog and dog-in-the manger principles of international politics intrude into the domain of high value nuclear reactor sales.
Full article here http://expressbuzz.com/opinion/op-ed/nuclear-reactor-politics/329583.html

SHASH2K2

NO updates from past 7-8 days . is everything in order or protest is still going on ?

KS

Bye bye DFI
I fully trust the words of our BR Dr.Kalam that these reactors are safe. No more arguments.

And if these people don't want electric power fine with them...just divert all the electricity to the Northern and Western parts of TN in which industries like Automobile,engineering,textiles are suffering massive loss due to current cuts and shortages.

And I see a strong CIA hand behind this (call me a conspiracy theorist)... especially after the recent revelations about CIA hand in stopping the giant Chinese hydro work in Myanmar.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles