Korean KF-X Fighter Program

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Tedbf will feature same semi recessed bays.
No it won't. 🤨 The belly weapon carriage we've seen on Teddy is very similar to Rafale, minor changes only.
IMG-20210225-WA0003.jpg
This semi-recessed thing limits the type of payload that can be carried... you can't even swap between Astta Mark 1 & 2.

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
No it won't. 🤨 The belly weapon carriage we've seen on Teddy is very similar to Rafale, minor changes only. View attachment 80550This semi-recessed thing limits the type of payload that can be carried... you can't even swap between Astta Mark 1 & 2.
Semi recessed bay will only be under the fuselage. Other hardpoints will be available for other missiles and configuration.

The idea is for a sniper mission the jet will carry only 4 primary air to air missile in semi recessed fuselage bays and fly stealthily without any other weapons or drop tanks further using active stealth to reduce signature.

For other mission all hardpoints may be engaged and hence no issue of payload limitations.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Semi recessed bay will only be under the fuselage. Other hardpoints will be available for other missiles and configuration.
But what are you saying these stuff based on?.. We've not seen any such stuff on any Teddy model or render.
It has a central pylon only.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
But what are you saying these stuff based on?.. We've not seen any such stuff on any Teddy model or render.
I was confused too , navy don't want something like this , it is only looking for something which can carry more than just aam , I don't think they will go for it , orca if happen might look like this

IndianHawk

Country flag
It goes with the flow. Why waste so much effort making it stealth shaped in the front ? If not for reducing RCS. Semi recessed bay or conformal bay is just natural evolution for 4.5 gen jet.

Now this is not it. Why even go for semi stealth design??
Now again I'm guessing but navalizing amca doesn't work we all know that. Navy needs a fresh stealth design.
Tedbf is that fresh design which in future might evolve in full fledged naval stealth jet with iwb just like how kfx evolution is planed. That's why current tsdbf needs to be atleast semi stealthy .

Again non of this is confirmed but like I said it goes with the flow otherwise we could have designed a far simpler jet far faster or could have just bought imported jets.

Atleast that's my understanding of events.

Global Defence

Articles