Know Your 'Rafale'

IndianHawk

Country flag

In terms of performance, it smokes the F-35 in every area. No FCAS but a Super Rafale? If FCAS does not work out what are the chances of selling AMCA to the French?
FCAS will work . Without it both French and German aerospace industries will be left decades behind. And German defence budget is now expanding.

DumbPilot

Country flag
Rafale terrain following system:
1661876762005.png

Interesting to see it shares a fair bit of HUD symbology with US fighters like the F-16 and F-18. Like the square near the RDR notation. 035 should be the altitude of the target(3500ft) and 031 should be the relative direction of the target in comparison to the nose of the Rafale(in degrees).

The four EEEE and two II are probably 4 radar guided misssiles(MICA?) and 2 infrared missiles. Shares that common symbology wth the French Rafale and the Indian Tejas Mk1.

Range symbology on the right, with the dynamic launch zone bracket. Target at 19 miles.

DumbPilot

Country flag
Rafale IRST in action:
1661877261143.png

Now I have no idea if that image is taken from the same target as the image above. If so, then the plane in this IRST picture is ~19 miles away, and that's actually pretty amazing optics quality.

Can't decipher much from this image.

I suspect the extreme-left and extreme-up bracket/check-marks are the IRST orientation cues. If that is the case, then the IRST is rotated slightly down and slightly to the right.

jouy31

Country flag
According to La Tribune, Indonesia has processed the first payment for its first batch of 6 Rafale. Indonesia is the 7th foreign Rafale customer after Egypt, Qatar, India, Greece, Croatia, and the UAE.

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
India to integrate Astra series missiles and SAAW weopons on its Rafale fighters. It is said that the integration is for Indian Airforce as well as other export customers of the fighter.
View attachment 177655
This was truly unexpected on my side, never thought that they would decide to Integrate Indian weopons on Rafale jets. Anyways this is a good thing for IAF as now we will be able to use our own weopons along with european ones like meteor.

johnj

This was truly unexpected on my side, never thought that they would decide to Integrate Indian weopons on Rafale jets. Anyways this is a good thing for IAF as now we will be able to use our own weopons along with european ones like meteor.
European & Israel ones. Also its good new for Dassault also, increases chances of more rafale orders & mrfa.

abingdonboy

Country flag
India to integrate Astra series missiles and SAAW weopons on its Rafale fighters. It is said that the integration is for Indian Airforce as well as other export customers of the fighter.
View attachment 177655
Imaging thinking anything other than more Rafales for IAF was feasible at this point.

utter ret@rds inside MoD and IAF HQ for letting this farce play out.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I think this is effect of the competition, especially since Americans are ready to integrate Indian weapons on their jets.
French must be getting wary.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Imaging thinking anything other than more Rafales for IAF was feasible at this point.

utter ret@rds inside MoD and IAF HQ for letting this farce play out.
I really don't understand what the guys who are incharge of the selection of aircrafts under MMRCA are doing, they should just simply select Rafale and end this tender. Rafale is the most obvious and logical choice in this tender, buying any other or even thinking about any plane other then Rafale is just "stupidity".
I think this is effect of the competition, especially since Americans are ready to integrate Indian weapons on their jets.
French must be getting wary.
Just curious, since when are Americans ready to Integrate Indian weopons on their jets? Some time back I was watching a video by Alpha defence in which he said that US is/might be ready to allow the Integration of Astra BVR missiles on F/A-18 Super Hornets if they would be selected by the Indian Navy under the carrier based Fighter tender. Maybe you are referring to that? After that I did not hear much about that.
Hain? Sachi! Meh nahi manta
BROTHER! This is indeed true. WANT PROOF? SEE THIS
20221020_193947.jpg

European & Israel ones. Also its good new for Dassault also, increases chances of more rafale orders & mrfa.
Yeah, now with this, India can act as a regional arms provider for nearby Rafale Operators who may want to have to such weopons be used from their own rafales. They will have the option to have buy Indian as well as other origin weopons for Rafales (european etc)

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
I really don't understand what the guys who are incharge of the selection of aircrafts under MMRCA are doing, they should just simply select Rafale and end this tender. Rafale is the most obvious and logical choice in this tender, buying any other or even thinking about any plane other then Rafale is just "stupidity".
Which version of Rafale are we using?

abingdonboy

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles