Know Your 'Rafale'

Immanuel

Country flag
Actually I would be delighted if IAF's Rafale can carry the following on top of Meteor, MICAs, SCALP, HAMMER Bombs;

ASRAAM or Python-5, ASTRA MK1/2/3, GARUDA and GARUTHMA Bombs, SAAW Bomb and the CBU-105SFW. CBU-105SFW would take it's A to G ability to a whole different level.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Brahmos is complex, sophisticated missile that would also require that Russians have access to the Rafale's AESA and Spectra suites for Active or passive launch authority, would the French allow that? Regardless of what anyone else says, Brahmos is JV between Indian and Russia. Russia would be intimately involved in any such process, much like Israeli's would be involved in Spice integration.

Not happening till it's really happening, I doubt it but time will tell.
Brahmos has nothing to do with Spectra. And the radar datas can be linked between the two without giving a software access. I think there are some black box between the radar and the missile so as to just exchange the helpfull datas and nothing else.
The anti ship missile only need to receive from the weapon system (o not only the radar) the actual position of the threat ship, its speed and course, or the possible location of the ship at the estimated collision time.

Do you imagine the french giving some datas to the israelis or the contrary in the SPICE case? no.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Yup, very very unlikely to happen. The Brahmos integration with the Su-30MKI was done in-house by HAL after the Russians asked for $250 million or INR 1300 crores to do it. HAL did it for INR 80 crores..lol.

Just shows how cost effective indigenous technological integrations with a home-grown OEM can be versus going to a foreign OEM, even if it's Russian which traditionally used to be a lot cheaper and affordable..can't imagine how much Dassault will ask for integration of Brahmos with Rafale..probably USD 0.5 billion.

The inside story of on how Brahmos missile got integrated with Su-30MKI
It's maybe in the agreement already inked !
Or it can be made by the indian side thanks to some doors open in the Rafale weapon system.... without compromising it.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Actually I would be delighted if IAF's Rafale can carry the following on top of Meteor, MICAs, SCALP, HAMMER Bombs;

ASRAAM or Python-5, ASTRA MK1/2/3, GARUDA and GARUTHMA Bombs, SAAW Bomb and the CBU-105SFW. CBU-105SFW would take it's A to G ability to a whole different level.
ASTRA is already on the agenda.
ASRAAM or Python 5.... why not. They are really impressive (but US seeker in the Asraam...) . But MICA is already a potent dog fight missile.
A big YES for all the other.
I add Brimstone to the A to G whishes list.

Trololo

Country flag
ASTRA is already on the agenda.
ASRAAM or Python 5.... why not. They are really impressive (but US seeker in the Asraam...) . But MICA is already a potent dog fight missile.
A big YES for all the other.
I add Brimstone to the A to G whishes list.
Brimstones indian counterpart is SANT missile.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Brahmos has nothing to do with Spectra. And the radar datas can be linked between the two without giving a software access. I think there are some black box between the radar and the missile so as to just exchange the helpfull datas and nothing else.
The anti ship missile only need to receive from the weapon system (o not only the radar) the actual position of the threat ship, its speed and course, or the possible location of the ship at the estimated collision time.

Do you imagine the french giving some datas to the israelis or the contrary in the SPICE case? no.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You've totally missed the point I was making. You keep talking about T/R modules and hardware, while I am talking about the software and what the radar can actually do, i.e its brains in terms of capabilities, and that is where the CCP military is lagging. Anyone can put together a bunch of over the counter T/R modules in a radar and claim that it's the best (when it's actually crap in terms of what it can do, and ECM and ECCM), but it's because of western technology restrictions on China that the "programming and capabilities" of such a radar are lacking, including susceptibility to modern western jammers. And that is what the Chinese are trying to steal/copy from Russia through imports such as SU-35 and S-400. If CCP military radar technology was already as advanced as they claimed, then why did they order SU-35s and S-400 from Russia in spite of them having 2 decades old Russian radar technology (downgraded for export to CCP military)? To copy their radar software modes and functions of course. But Russians are no fools and only sell the most downgraded (in terms of software capabilities) technology to CCP military, because they know it will be stolen. That is why I said that in terms of the back-end capabilities, the CCP military is still stuck at the PESA level (modes, etc.) and their radars will be jammed by the more modern AESA jammers on the Rafale. And I have seen images of the so called AESA radar in the J-20, and can tell just by looking at it (primitive antennas, etc.) that it's at least 2 generations behind the Rafale's radar in terms of technology.

As far as copying off the shelf optronics, there is no comparison between what is required on a military fighter jet which has to put up with G forces and be able to function in much harsher conditions (supersonic at high altitudes and putting up with much greater forces) as well as seeing through cloud cover, etc while functioning at all different kinds of conditions. That is why there is civilian grade, and then military grade which has to withstand a lot harsher conditions (Note that this also holds true for radar hardware). Modern western optronics on fighters work over several hundred km distances under tough conditions, while the current state of CCP military grade optronics is still stuck at around 30 km distance, and also breaks down a lot and not as reliable in terms of detection and false positives as the western technology.

Do not go by what is advertised in CCP brochures. Things are not as great as the CCP brochures claim, and it's a part of CCP's propaganda and psy ops warfare used to intimidate the enemy (so that the enemy gives up) in order to win wars without fighting. But outsiders don't realize how much of CCP military's claims are propaganda, hot air and psy ops, to brainwash both Chinese people and foreigners.

PS, a lot of Indian civilians with zero knowledge of CCP military technological limitations fall for CCP propaganda talking points. Then there are CCP bots who parrot CCP propaganda points without thinking.

The Indian military is not stupid, and is well aware of the limitations of the CCP military.

I would rather trust the word of an IAF air marshal who has seen the IAF intelligence reports on the J-20 as opposed to someone who has been drinking the CCP military propaganda koolaid, and comes with claims about GAN T/R modules and civilian optronics without any understanding of what is required in fighter sensors and avionics.
I don’t know much about China Optics. I would like to mention a typical example. This is the tracking of F22 by the China Optical Reconnaissance Satellite.
1626826155356.png

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Main difference : India is a democraty. Not the china case.
The chinese autocratic government made pressure on its people for its own benefit.
It is not so much a dictatorship, as it is that the Indian government lacks a viable and far-sighted weapon development plan.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
I don’t know much about China Optics. I would like to mention a typical example. This is the tracking of F22 by the China Optical Reconnaissance Satellite.
View attachment 100965
When I see watermarks in mandarin (the fck I can differentiate with any other chinki language), there's a 110% chance of being it a photoshopped.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
It is not so much a dictatorship, as it is that the Indian government lacks a viable and far-sighted weapon development plan.
Dude, again...... Seriously? Commies have killed more than 100million people all over the world and you're trying to spread chinki propaganda on a forum whose members are knowing all about commie persecution and terrorism, especially when we are facing world's top level maoist communist terrorism in some of the parts of the country. Just stop.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
When I see watermarks in mandarin (the fck I can differentiate with any other chinki language), there's a 110% chance of being it a photoshopped.
Confucius has a saying: Learn from your enemy, imitate him when you see a place better than you, and think about whether you have the same mistake when you see a bad place.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Dude, again...... Seriously? Commies have killed more than 100million people all over the world and you're trying to spread chinki propaganda on a forum whose members are knowing all about commie persecution and terrorism, especially when we are facing world's top level maoist communist terrorism in some of the parts of the country. Just stop.
1626852202736.png

Do you know what this is

Tang

Country flag
You don’t really know what this is

Reply this else Stop your propaganda

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Reply this else Stop your propaganda
Don't want to discuss issues outside the military
1626853038475.png

1626853113516.png

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
1626853537310.png

1626853814949.png

让我看看这里有没有人认得她,像邻家女孩一样漂亮的飞机

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
F-CK-1 started research and development in 1980
It flew for the first time in 1988,
1992 IOC
1994 FOC
This is the first fourth-generation fighter jet in Asia
PD radar
MIL STD 1553B
Tien Chien I
Tien Chien II
FADEC
The excellent subsonic fighting ability brought by the large side strips and the medium trapezoidal swept wings,
In fact, the level of aviation industry on the South Asian continent in 2020 is not much different from that of Taiwan in 1994.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles