Know Your 'Rafale'

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
es suspicious payments ??? What is suspicious in this model clearly visible in Front of the house of the IAF chief ? What is suspicious when the gifts have been clearly mentionned in a press brief 2 years ago ?
IAF sources said the model was supplied by Dassault, as manufacturers did under any other contract. The first model of the Rafale was put up inside the Air Headquarters: A fully-loaded Rafale is the first thing one sees as they step through the gates of the heavily- guarded Air Headquarters.

“The second model has come up at the chief’s house,” one of the sources said.
Ya'll Nibbiars nothing the khangress is on fire as it's opposite their HQ and get Jealous everyday just looking at it's. :hehe:

Suhaldev

Country flag
es suspicious payments ??? What is suspicious in this model clearly visible in Front of the house of the IAF chief ? What is suspicious when the gifts have been clearly mentionned in a press brief 2 years ago ?
IAF sources said the model was supplied by Dassault, as manufacturers did under any other contract. The first model of the Rafale was put up inside the Air Headquarters: A fully-loaded Rafale is the first thing one sees as they step through the gates of the heavily- guarded Air Headquarters.

They say 40 dummy models can't be traced (but abhi bhi trace toh ho rahey hai) but the catch is they are left wing online portal like wire

Fonck83

Country flag
I have also tried in BF4C but there're no reaction.

Indrajit

Country flag

“The irregularity was first discovered by the inspectors of the French Anti-Corruption Agency, Agence Française Anticorruption (AFA), during their scheduled audit of Dassault.“

If true, not possible to wish off as just leftist propaganda.

“This amount "seemed disproportionate in relation to all the other entries", said a subsequent confidential report of the AFA audit.

According to the AFA report accessed by Mediapart, Dassault tried to justify "the larger than usual gift" with a proforma invoice from an Indian company called Defsys Solutions.

Dated March 30, 2017, the invoice suggested that Defsys was paid 50 per cent of an order worth 1,017,850 for manufacturing of 50 dummy models of the Rafale jets. Each dummy, according to the AFA report, was quoted at a hefty price of 20,357.”

“.....Dassault could also not explain why the expenditure was listed as a "gift to clients" in their accounts”

Troublesome this. The saving grace is that the amount involved is relatively small to suggest any big pay off.

“Defsys is one of the subcontractors of Dassault in India which has been linked with controversial businessman Sushen Gupta. Sushen Gupta was earlier arrested and later granted bail for his alleged role in another major defence scam in India, the AgustaWestland VVIP Chopper case.

The Enforcement Directorate has charged Sushen Gupta for allegedly devising a money-laundering scheme for the payouts during the purchase of the helicopters. Dassault and Defsys have not yet issued a statement in this regard.”

My opinion on this is to give Dassault hell. These chaps are arrogant and really act like they have no fear of the Indian government. With everything that has happened earlier, how reckless was this? If they couldn’t find a million euros to give in any other way ,for whatever services rendered but put it in their account book to allow for such a finding, they are reckless and must pay a heavy price. Stupid, arrogant bums. Need a proper kicking.

Suhaldev

Country flag
“The irregularity was first discovered by the inspectors of the French Anti-Corruption Agency, Agence Française Anticorruption (AFA), during their scheduled audit of Dassault.“

If true, not possible to wish off as just leftist propaganda.

“This amount "seemed disproportionate in relation to all the other entries", said a subsequent confidential report of the AFA audit.

According to the AFA report accessed by Mediapart, Dassault tried to justify "the larger than usual gift" with a proforma invoice from an Indian company called Defsys Solutions.

Dated March 30, 2017, the invoice suggested that Defsys was paid 50 per cent of an order worth 1,017,850 for manufacturing of 50 dummy models of the Rafale jets. Each dummy, according to the AFA report, was quoted at a hefty price of 20,357.”

“.....Dassault could also not explain why the expenditure was listed as a "gift to clients" in their accounts”

Troublesome this. The saving grace is that the amount involved is relatively small to suggest any big pay off.

“Defsys is one of the subcontractors of Dassault in India which has been linked with controversial businessman Sushen Gupta. Sushen Gupta was earlier arrested and later granted bail for his alleged role in another major defence scam in India, the AgustaWestland VVIP Chopper case.

The Enforcement Directorate has charged Sushen Gupta for allegedly devising a money-laundering scheme for the payouts during the purchase of the helicopters. Dassault and Defsys have not yet issued a statement in this regard.”

My opinion on this is to give Dassault hell. These chaps are arrogant and really act like they have no fear of the Indian government. With everything that has happened earlier, how reckless was this? If they couldn’t find a million euros to give in any other way ,for whatever services rendered but put it in their account book to allow for such a finding, they are reckless and must pay a heavy price. Stupid, arrogant bums. Need a proper kicking.
Problem is they quote report but hasn't made it public and goes on to say dummies can't be tracked but 2 are already in India as communicated last year then their last year's claim of reliance offset was also turned out to be false.

So doubts are on both sides.

Indrajit

Country flag
Problem is they quote report but hasn't made it public and goes on to say dummies can't be tracked but 2 are already in India as communicated last year then their last year's claim of reliance offset was also turned out to be false.

So doubts are on both sides.
I did say "if its true". If it isnt true, the French should make it clear. However its clear that if it was true, Dassault was reckless, the very name of the head under which this amount was accounted for is a give away. The person supposedly the recipient also seems to be an unsavory character. Thankfully the amount mentioned is small and in no way signifies any big payout. Dassault deserves a whack nevertheless.

Gessler

Country flag
Possible High/Very-High Band Jammer system - only found on Indian Rafales:

screen10.jpg

Strange...I don't remember a HBJ being part of ISEs, did hear about an LBJ but that would be a very big transmitter (can only fit in external pod).

Anybody got a list of ISEs on hand? Maybe I misremembered.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Possible High/Very-High Band Jammer system - only found on Indian Rafales:

View attachment 84387

Strange...I don't remember a HBJ being part of ISEs, did hear about an LBJ but that would be a very big transmitter (can only fit in external pod).

Anybody got a list of ISEs on hand? Maybe I misremembered.
Nope bhai it's already declared hoax on SM,i mean only present on Indian Rafale,
here is french one,
1617865150495.png

It's low-band jammer, part of SPECTRA system, named PARJ something.

@BON PLAN could reveal more.

Gessler

Country flag
Nope bhai it's already declared hoax on SM,i mean only present on Indian Rafale,
here is french one,
View attachment 84393
It's low-band jammer, part of SPECTRA system, named PARJ something.

@BON PLAN could reveal more.
I don't think you & I are talking about the same bit. The part in question is circled in red in the pic I posted above. This is a close-up of French Rafale:

You cannot find that bit anywhere on non-Indian Rafales, not even on the Qatari ones.

Look for close-ups, lot of people are looking at long shots of Rafale-Ms and confusing the arrestor hook for the jammer.

The part was identified by Richard Rutily aka Picdelamirand-oil on the other forum, he's a guy that knows what he's talking about and knows Rafale inside-out.

Edit: and no, Low-band transmitters cannot be that small. They are big and have to be carried as a pod.

Gessler

Country flag
I don't think you & I are talking about the same bit. The part in question is circled in red in the pic I posted above. This is a close-up of French Rafale:

You cannot find that bit anywhere on non-Indian Rafales, not even on the Qatari ones.

Look for close-ups, lot of people are looking at long shots of Rafale-Ms and confusing the arrestor hook for the jammer.

The part was identified by Richard Rutily aka Picdelamirand-oil on the other forum, he's a guy that knows what he's talking about and knows Rafale inside-out.

Edit: and no, Low-band transmitters cannot be that small. They are big and have to be carried as a pod.
For those still confused -

French Rafale:

french.JPG

Indian:

indian.JPG

Gessler

Country flag
Any source for this confirmation? I cannot find HBJs being part of EW suite in Rafale anywhere.
Sorry I misspoke.

The jammer is question is most likely VHBJ (i.e. above 10 ghz) designed to jam Ka/Ku-band missile seekers.

HBJ is what you need to jam likes of X-band FCRs, Rafale always had them at the canard roots in front:

hbj.JPG

Besides, the big high-power jammer, while its frequency is unknown (to me) is also capable of jamming most FCRs:

raffe.JPG

Saumyasupraik

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles