Know Your 'Rafale'

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
You’re talking about a product(MWF) that is not in existence yet. For it to be better than rafale, it’s avionics, EW, engines and radar should also be superior. The one advantage of the MWF will be multiple weapons integration. For it to be truly superior, it needs something equivalent to SECTRA or better.
I just answered to M2000 and Gripen.
The other is a paper plane.
The last marvelous paper plane was F35.... not so marvellous in the real life :tongue:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
And selling like hotcakes. Maybe it will do the same.
It is not the plane that is a best seller. It is the uncle sam umbrella.
Note that the FOC is postponed year after year. The basis of the bird are unsane. That's all.
We will laugh in some years,...

Manticore

Country flag
It is not the plane that is a best seller. It is the uncle sam umbrella.
Note that the FOC is postponed year after year. The basis of the bird are unsane. That's all.
We will laugh in some years,...
Whether it's the Uncle Sam umbrella or not, problems or not, it is selling and selling well.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
36 Rafales will not be enough for 2 front threat. We need more
Smart thing would've been to commit to a bigger follow on order for Rafales, and increase the order of LCA MK1A's (from 83 to maybe 123) in advance - with staggered payments if necessary.

Should also speed up the Sukhoi upgrade project and go for 1-2 more squadrons (in upgraded form) to keep the lines running

IndiaRising

Country flag
Smart thing would've been to commit to a bigger follow on order for Rafales, and increase the order of LCA MK1A's (from 83 to maybe 123) in advance - with staggered payments if necessary.

Should also speed up the Sukhoi upgrade project and go for 1-2 more squadrons (in upgraded form) to keep the lines running
there is option for 36 more Rafales but we need to negotiate harder with Frenchies for integration of Meteor and Scalp on Mirage 2000s. Frenchies are sucking us dry with this current deal because they know their weapons systems are the USP.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The output of an F35 engine is very different than the output of the lca engine( aka F16s engine).
Gripen and Tejas have much lower RCS (0.1 and 0.5 meter square)than those 40 years old junk called F16 (5 meter square) and Gripen also comes with Meteor just like Rafales Tejas can also be equipped with meteors if we use our own UTTAM AESA Radars instead of Israeli ELTA 2052 Own SFDR missiles are going to be better than meteors I hope

Last edited:

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Gripen and Tejas has much lower RCS than those 40 years old junk called F16 and Gripen also comes with Meteor just like Rafales
Gripen has nowhere close to the radar capability, avionics, ew capability or maneuverability like the rafale.
And FYI, gripen is still prototype stage. No combat proven tech.
It’s ground attack role is lacking phenomenally.

Before writing off the F16 as junk, you should know the capabilities of the block 70. You’re not going to learn anything by calling something junk. I’m not saying this to be mean, but it would do you good to learn before belittling something, That should be the attitude. That’s just my opinion and the way I look at things. Cheers!

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Gripen has nowhere close to the radar capability, avionics, ew capability or maneuverability like the rafale.
And FYI, gripen is still prototype stage. No combat proven tech.
It’s ground attack role is lacking phenomenally.

Before writing off the F16 as junk, you should know the capabilities of the block 70. You’re not going to learn anything by calling something junk. I’m not saying this to be mean, but it would do you good to learn before belittling something, That should be the attitude. That’s just my opinion and the way I look at things. Cheers!
Rafales are superior to gripens but Rafales are twin engine fighters, But gripens or even our indigenous Tejas mk1A is far superior to F16s , F16 are 40 years old design even USAF wants to replace them Singapore Airforce wants to replace their ageing F16 with F35

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Rafales are superior to gripens but Rafales are twin engine fighters, But gripens or even our indigenous Tejas mk1A is far superior to F16s , F16 are 40 years old design even USAF wants to replace them Singapore Airforce wants to replace their ageing F16 with F35
Like I said. Please read up on the block 70’s. Peace!

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Whether it's the Uncle Sam umbrella or not, problems or not, it is selling and selling well.
You are certainly a well informed person. F-35 was designed from the beginning as a multinational program to reduce costs. The countries operating F-35 had agreed to buy a certain number of jets , then got to make components, small or big , for the whole program. It is similar to the Eurofighter consortium , except that one country has the overall control.

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
F16s cost us a lot of prestige last year. Lets not dismiss them like that.

Immanuel

Country flag
Gripen and Tejas have much lower RCS (0.1 and 0.5 meter square)than those 40 years old junk called F16 (5 meter square) and Gripen also comes with Meteor just like Rafales Tejas can also be equipped with meteors if we use our own UTTAM AESA Radars instead of Israeli ELTA 2052 Own SFDR missiles are going to be better than meteors I hope
The F-16 Block 70 is quite lethal albeit old but it's packed with very good 4.5 gen abilities. As per Rafale Pilot the F-16 is quite capable and the pilot should be vary. Not to mention, It can deploy the widest set of weapons known from (EU, US, Israeli, Japanese etc.) While it's not suited for India, it's a pretty good consideration for small/medium countries who want decent capability without breaking the bank.

Taiwan deal is a good example with 66 fighters for $8 Billion.

IndiaRising

Country flag
The F-16 Block 70 is quite lethal albeit old but it's packed with very good 4.5 gen abilities. As per Rafale Pilot the F-16 is quite capable and the pilot should be vary. Not to mention, It can deploy the widest set of weapons known from (EU, US, Israeli, Japanese etc.) While it's not suited for India, it's a pretty good consideration for small/medium countries who want decent capability without breaking the bank.

pakis were trying to get 18 more block 52s and US said no lol

Lancer

Bana
Country flag

Something tells me, if the Chinese ever go up against the Japanese with their F-15's, or Taiwan with it's F-16's, pound for pound, they're gonna come out very badly embarrassed.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
F16s cost us a lot of prestige last year. Lets not dismiss them like that.
F16’s are better than mig21s but Gripen E is far superior to F16. F16 has huge RCS and comparatively short range air to air missiles so in one on one fight F16’s are sitting duck before Gripen E. I won’t make such tall claims about MWF because it’s still on paper but it’s going to be better than F16’s too

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles