Know Your 'Rafale'

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag
Mudi ji is leading negotiation ---- mudi ji giving contract to a failed bankrupt billionaire maggot due to close connection & crony kapitalism... so he can keep making money for crooks in establishment --- but Desh bhakts can't here no evil ---- can't see no evil --- Mudi ji hai to mumkin hai !
Porki got no right to talk about indian politics so fuck off ..

Atcjurvin

Every one plz give your views to this retard especially you bro @BON PLAN in this way we can also integrate meteor on tejas to make it superior to rafale what a shitty logic:laugh: :rofl: :pound:
Check out @vkthakur’s Tweet:

Atcjurvin

Seems like one big porki handle retweeted his comment and whole comment section is full of retarded inbreds taking fake orgasm. This Russian dalal wouldn't have said this if we had chosen su35.
Check out @Sandeep33036268’s Tweet:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Every one plz give your views to this retard especially you bro @BON PLAN in this way we can also integrate meteor on tejas to make it superior to rafale what a shitty logic:laugh: :rofl: :pound:
Check out @vkthakur’s Tweet:
The long range missile is ont thing, The quality of the firing radar, of the track and the missile seeker another. So is the quality of the electronic support system.
and Meteor is now a mature product, serialy produced, not the PL15.

By the time the PL15 will be ta reality, Meteor may have evolved.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
The long range missile is ont thing, The quality of the firing radar, of the track and the missile seeker another. So is the quality of the electronic support system.
and Meteor is now a mature product, serialy produced, not the PL15.

By the time the PL15 will be ta reality, Meteor may have evolved.

Exactly to keep the lock on finding first sharing information is the key and there will be lot other factors involved.

Meteor will turn the tide in our favor and then the upcoming long range SFDR .

Though the kind of war tactic PAF will employ in the beginning and the no. Of aircrafts they have we need meteor kind of missiles to be fired from other platforms like Tejas.

And We know that's atleast a decade away. So let's hope we get good no. of Rafale till then in IAF.

bhramos

Country flag
not sure how much is true.........

News on the Chinese Internet today is extremely curious.

As you know, Indian pilots have already begun to master the French fighter Rafale bought by the country's air force, but the trouble came from an unexpected direction. It turned out that the voice recognition system for aircraft commands cannot recognize the peculiar pronunciation of Indian pilots, which poses a potential danger to flight safety.

As a result, flights involving Indian pilots are temporarily suspended. The Indian Air Force asked Dassault Systèmes to finalize the voice command system in the shortest possible time, otherwise they threaten to demand compensation for the delay in the training process.

The French side claims that the speech system is highly sophisticated and can recognize up to 98% of the teams, but the Indian pronunciation turned out to be a tough nut to crack. Experts believe that the root of the problem is that in colonial times, English was taught in India in the Hindi-English lingo, where pronunciation was distorted in the most merciless way. The phonetics of Hindi English is very different from classical English, which turned out to be sideways in the case of Rafales.

You do not know what to do here - to laugh or cry, the Chinese Internet is ironic. © Military Parity

StealthFlanker

Country flag
Flying & fighting in the Dassault Rafale: Interview with a Rafale combat veteran
How you rate the Rafale M in the following categories?

Instantaneous turn/High alpha/Sustained turn

“It’s good, it’s very good. you have two types of ‘flying the aircraft’: you have the air-to air mode where you pull +9 Gs up to 11.Then you have with bombs and full tanks, when your performance is not as good: about +5g and about 200 degree roll rate less – so it’s two different aircraft. When you’re in air-to-air all this stuff is pretty good. Instantaneous turn and sustained turn pretty good. So it’s two different aircraft – when it’s in air-to-air mode it’s very good. It depends what you make of it – I’ve never had any issues.”

Sustained turn

“Sustained turn is good.”

High alpha

“Less than a Hornet, but still good. High alpha could be better, but it’s really what you make out of it — I’ve never had any issue.”

Which aircraft have you flown DACT against?

“Against F-16, against Typhoon, against Super Hornets. Against Harrier. Against Alpha Jet. Against Mirage 2000.”

…which was the most challenging? 9.52
“The F-16 is pretty cool. Typhoon is a joke, very easy to shoot. F-16 actually was a good surprise actually, I found it to be a pretty good aircraft. I think the most challenging was the F-16, it’s a pretty small jet so it’s easy to lose sight of it. So I think that was the big one.
The Harrier can really turn around pretty fast, so you have to play it very close so you have to be careful with that. And with the Alpha Jet don’t go into a slow fight with it. It can manoeuvre and do some rolls at pretty low speed, some barrel rolls at pretty low speeds so you really want to pay attention. You can easily be tricked at low speed by an Alpha Jet. So you want to keep your energy high.”

Against a Super Hornet? “Honestly the issue is comparing aircraft all the time. Life isn’t that easy. Combat is unfair. It’s never going to be fair. It isn’t designed to be fair. If you get into fair close combat you’re a bad pilot. Don’t put yourself in a fair fight in real life as that’s stupid. Manoeuvre — take advantage and surprise your enemy. It’s not about one individual defeating an enemy, you’re here to get results. We are result-driven personnel. It’s not all about me. You’ve got thousands of people building a Rafale, and building and maintaining carrier. There’s thousands of people making sure I can take-off -— if I want to go fair-against-fair, I’m stupid. What I want to is make sure I win. Why do I say that? If I’m going to fight against a Super Hornet, I’m going to find a tricky way to defeat him. Look at the Messerschmitt 262 back in World War Two, most of them got shot down on landing. An aircraft shot down still makes the count. If we have to face the US Navy, it’s going to be disproportionate in terms of numbers – it’s going bring entire tactics to another level. Now, you want me to do a fair 1-v-1 fight with a Hornet in close combat, actually I’d rather a Super Hornet; I find the C to be more manoeuvrable than the Super Hornet. As a Rafale we can take an advantage on a Hornet again. What I would be careful of is their AIM-9X and helmet visors. So I would be very careful about that.”

The Rafale and Typhoon are often compared, how confident would you be fighting against a Typhoon? And why?

“I don’t know why they’re compared so often – it’s really not the same design, ideas or philosophy. We’re a truly omnirole platform. Typhoons are great, they like to use their big engines at 40,000 feet. I can’t count how many times I’ve shot down Typhoons at 45,000 feet in the contrails. And my radar off, everything off, I was coming from 100 feet below, supersonic in the climb from below. Absolutely undetected. So I have absolutely no fear of the Typhoons. Both the tactics used by the Typhoons, the agility and the cockpit of the aircraft make it easier for us to take the advantage — basically we have better fusion of the sensors — so we can be way more aggressive in terms of tactics. It’s a great aircraft at high level, but we’re not dumb enough to try to fight Typhoons at 50,000 feet or 45,000 feet. We’re going to put them outside their comfort zone. Against devious tactics. Now if you want to rate a Typhoon with AMRAAMs against a Rafale at 50,000 ft, then, yeah, Typhoon is going to have better performances for sure. But as a Rafale pilot, I’m stupid if I take him on like that, so I’m going to move the combat a bit. I”l fake a combat at 50,000 feet and I’m going to send a guy sneakily low level to surprise the Typhoon, it’s more easy than you think!”

https://hushkit.net/2019/11/11/flyi...xuryyDby3JzifbPqghWDKd1xQh9uHObVgoqTUgJqPKEXQ

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Exactly to keep the lock on finding first sharing information is the key and there will be lot other factors involved.

Meteor will turn the tide in our favor and then the upcoming long range SFDR .

Though the kind of war tactic PAF will employ in the beginning and the no. Of aircrafts they have we need meteor kind of missiles to be fired from other platforms like Tejas.

And We know that's atleast a decade away. So let's hope we get good no. of Rafale till then in IAF.
Meteor will not be fitted on Tejas.
The export rules of Meteor are quite hard : no integration on a non european or US radar.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
not sure how much is true.........

News on the Chinese Internet today is extremely curious.

As you know, Indian pilots have already begun to master the French fighter Rafale bought by the country's air force, but the trouble came from an unexpected direction. It turned out that the voice recognition system for aircraft commands cannot recognize the peculiar pronunciation of Indian pilots, which poses a potential danger to flight safety.

As a result, flights involving Indian pilots are temporarily suspended. The Indian Air Force asked Dassault Systèmes to finalize the voice command system in the shortest possible time, otherwise they threaten to demand compensation for the delay in the training process.

The French side claims that the speech system is highly sophisticated and can recognize up to 98% of the teams, but the Indian pronunciation turned out to be a tough nut to crack. Experts believe that the root of the problem is that in colonial times, English was taught in India in the Hindi-English lingo, where pronunciation was distorted in the most merciless way. The phonetics of Hindi English is very different from classical English, which turned out to be sideways in the case of Rafales.

You do not know what to do here - to laugh or cry, the Chinese Internet is ironic. © Military Parity
Strange.
First time I read something about voice recognition system on Rafale for 20 years. It was intended at the early beginning but there were too many errors, so it was canceled.
Since the technology evolved, but honnestly it the first time I read something about that.
I don't know if it's true or just another chinese fake news.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
??? The answer will definitively be NO for russian and israeli radars. For indian one.... may be.
MBDA actually agreed to integrate meteor on our uttam aesa radar but before that they demanded to check radar to make sure there are no Israeli components.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Strange.
First time I read something about voice recognition system on Rafale for 20 years. It was intended at the early beginning but there were too many errors, so it was canceled.
Since the technology evolved, but honnestly it the first time I read something about that.
I don't know if it's true or just another chinese fake news.
actually we have also developed AI based voice recognition system for hawk i and super sukhoi so may be it is also available on rafale now.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Flying & fighting in the Dassault Rafale: Interview with a Rafale combat veteran
How you rate the Rafale M in the following categories?

Instantaneous turn/High alpha/Sustained turn

“It’s good, it’s very good. you have two types of ‘flying the aircraft’: you have the air-to air mode where you pull +9 Gs up to 11.Then you have with bombs and full tanks, when your performance is not as good: about +5g and about 200 degree roll rate less – so it’s two different aircraft. When you’re in air-to-air all this stuff is pretty good. Instantaneous turn and sustained turn pretty good. So it’s two different aircraft – when it’s in air-to-air mode it’s very good. It depends what you make of it – I’ve never had any issues.”

Sustained turn

“Sustained turn is good.”

High alpha

“Less than a Hornet, but still good. High alpha could be better, but it’s really what you make out of it — I’ve never had any issue.”

Which aircraft have you flown DACT against?

“Against F-16, against Typhoon, against Super Hornets. Against Harrier. Against Alpha Jet. Against Mirage 2000.”

…which was the most challenging? 9.52
“The F-16 is pretty cool. Typhoon is a joke, very easy to shoot. F-16 actually was a good surprise actually, I found it to be a pretty good aircraft. I think the most challenging was the F-16, it’s a pretty small jet so it’s easy to lose sight of it. So I think that was the big one.
The Harrier can really turn around pretty fast, so you have to play it very close so you have to be careful with that. And with the Alpha Jet don’t go into a slow fight with it. It can manoeuvre and do some rolls at pretty low speed, some barrel rolls at pretty low speeds so you really want to pay attention. You can easily be tricked at low speed by an Alpha Jet. So you want to keep your energy high.”

Against a Super Hornet? “Honestly the issue is comparing aircraft all the time. Life isn’t that easy. Combat is unfair. It’s never going to be fair. It isn’t designed to be fair. If you get into fair close combat you’re a bad pilot. Don’t put yourself in a fair fight in real life as that’s stupid. Manoeuvre — take advantage and surprise your enemy. It’s not about one individual defeating an enemy, you’re here to get results. We are result-driven personnel. It’s not all about me. You’ve got thousands of people building a Rafale, and building and maintaining carrier. There’s thousands of people making sure I can take-off -— if I want to go fair-against-fair, I’m stupid. What I want to is make sure I win. Why do I say that? If I’m going to fight against a Super Hornet, I’m going to find a tricky way to defeat him. Look at the Messerschmitt 262 back in World War Two, most of them got shot down on landing. An aircraft shot down still makes the count. If we have to face the US Navy, it’s going to be disproportionate in terms of numbers – it’s going bring entire tactics to another level. Now, you want me to do a fair 1-v-1 fight with a Hornet in close combat, actually I’d rather a Super Hornet; I find the C to be more manoeuvrable than the Super Hornet. As a Rafale we can take an advantage on a Hornet again. What I would be careful of is their AIM-9X and helmet visors. So I would be very careful about that.”

The Rafale and Typhoon are often compared, how confident would you be fighting against a Typhoon? And why?

“I don’t know why they’re compared so often – it’s really not the same design, ideas or philosophy. We’re a truly omnirole platform. Typhoons are great, they like to use their big engines at 40,000 feet. I can’t count how many times I’ve shot down Typhoons at 45,000 feet in the contrails. And my radar off, everything off, I was coming from 100 feet below, supersonic in the climb from below. Absolutely undetected. So I have absolutely no fear of the Typhoons. Both the tactics used by the Typhoons, the agility and the cockpit of the aircraft make it easier for us to take the advantage — basically we have better fusion of the sensors — so we can be way more aggressive in terms of tactics. It’s a great aircraft at high level, but we’re not dumb enough to try to fight Typhoons at 50,000 feet or 45,000 feet. We’re going to put them outside their comfort zone. Against devious tactics. Now if you want to rate a Typhoon with AMRAAMs against a Rafale at 50,000 ft, then, yeah, Typhoon is going to have better performances for sure. But as a Rafale pilot, I’m stupid if I take him on like that, so I’m going to move the combat a bit. I”l fake a combat at 50,000 feet and I’m going to send a guy sneakily low level to surprise the Typhoon, it’s more easy than you think!”

https://hushkit.net/2019/11/11/flyi...xuryyDby3JzifbPqghWDKd1xQh9uHObVgoqTUgJqPKEXQ

So what the French pilot is actually saying is that Rafale is on equal footing against F-16C and it's toast against SH in 1-on-1 WVR fight.

What he did not mention are their capabilities in BVR. But I would say that on BVR the SH and Rafale are on equal footing but F-16C will be slightly at a disadvantage. And the F-16V should narrow any advantages the Rafale and SH have in BVR.

However, on acquisition cost and sustainment cost, the Rafale is at a severe disadvantage against both F-16 and SH.

Immanuel

Country flag
You forget that Rafale is an LO aircraft, it will not be detected until within missile range. The F-35 DAS is another one of its faulty systems that often crashes and has to be rebooted. The F-35 EW might be able to jam a Meteor or MICA RF the same as Spectra jams an AMRAAM, but what it doesn't have is MICA IR which can't be jammed. Long before F-35 can fire an AIM-9X, it will be dead to MICA IR. When speaking about RF guided missiles against either of these aircraft, they are practically useless against the advanced jamming features of both. The fighter that can win at the merge wins this fight and that is Rafale.
Rafale is not a LO aircraft, add a couple of stores and it will light up like a Christmas tree.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles