Know Your 'Rafale'

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
The most worry some development is happening in USA, AIM260 development. If AIM260 happened to reach in PAF hands....
AIM260 is only a project. A paper missile.
It takes years to study, developp, test and produce a brand new missile.
You have time.

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
AIM260 is only a project. A paper missile.
It takes years to study, developp, test and produce a brand new missile.
You have time.
2022 is the induction time asper media report, not that far timeline

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
2022 is the induction time asper media report, not that far timeline
2022.... :confused1:
If it's a Lockeed Martin time, add more than 5 years (F35 is so late)
If it's a Boeing time, add more than 3 years (737MAX bull shit product)

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
2022.... :confused1:
If it's a Lockeed Martin time, add more than 5 years (F35 is so late)
If it's a Boeing time, add more than 3 years (737MAX bull shit product)
These type of excuses wont help i fear. There is a high probability of PAF getting AIM260 for f16. If we purchase any US fighter through mmrca, then things will change

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
These type of excuses wont help i fear. There is a high probability of PAF getting AIM260 for f16. If we purchase any US fighter through mmrca, then things will change
For the moment :
AIM260 is only at a drawing board level. As far as I know it is a medium weight missile, with dual boost classical engine. Nothing on par with Meteor.
Meteor is a reality. A reality in the indian inventory in the coming months.
So life is beautifull.

Don't imagine US giving it's brand new missile to pakistan soon : they know that the missile will be in a chinese lab in the following days....

Flying Dagger

Country flag
And how long that arrangement will last ?

USA ain't giving shit to Porkis they know it will end on Chinese lab like rest of their products have...

Forget AIM 260 even The AIM 120 D is a dream for Porkis right now.

Fighter jets aren't bought like this.. Except Russia which is our trusted partner only France is somewhat reliable from the beginning Americans had no chance. Once Mig was out, Rafale was clear winner.. Gripen had some chances due to cost.. but now we are way past it. Chill

Last edited:

varun9509

Country flag
In their dreams AIM260 is a next-gen weapon. Pak will never get its hand on it. Yeah, for arguments sake maybe after 2050.
Is there any project in pipeline of similar calibre from the Chinese? They'll be happy give some to the Pakis.

Sent from my YU5510 using Tapatalk

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
Is there any project in pipeline of similar calibre from the Chinese? They'll be happy give some to the Pakis.

I believe PL 15 is a similar missile which according to wikipedia has an operational range 300+ km or 150 km (don't even ask I too don't know what 'or' here stands for).

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Its rather otherway around asper the limited data on aim260 program. They are developing to country plaaf aircraft armed with pl15 missile

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
And how long that arrangement will last ?

USA ain't giving shit to Porkis they know it will end on Chinese lab like rest of their products have...

Forget AIM 260 even The AIM 120 D is a dream for Porkis right now.

Fighter jets aren't bought like this.. Except Russia which is our trusted partner only France is somewhat reliable from the beginning Americans had no chance. Once Mig was out, Rafale was clear winner.. Gripen had some chances due to cost.. but now we are way past it. Chill
Russians are our ally, i do agree that. But they are not offering much to us these days, especially when comes to airforce. Can you disagree on that? They sold su35s to china and offered su57 too. If reports are true, tgey are ready to sell SU35s to pakistan also.
We should pressurise USA on F15ex under mmrca with significant tot. And rafale should be in staged procurement.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
Russians are our ally, i do agree that. But they are not offering much to us these days, especially when comes to airforce. Can you disagree on that? They sold su35s to china and offered su57 too. If reports are true, tgey are ready to sell SU35s to pakistan also.
We should pressurise USA on F15ex under mmrca with significant tot. And rafale should be in staged procurement.
Russia is our ally because of the money. And they don't care who uses their weapons. Hell!! they even told USA that they can sell S400 to them if USA wants to buy it.

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Russia is our ally because of the money. And they don't care who uses their weapons. Hell!! they even told USA that they can sell S400 to them if USA wants to buy it.
Simple, we can purchase f15ex if it is on table.

piKacHHu

Country flag
1. Cancel MMRCA 2.0,
2. Purchase the final batch of 36 Rafales in addition to existing order,
3. Modernize Su-30 MKI & equip them with longer range BVR Missiles, ECM & ECCM (strange to find a report mentioning that our front line fighter lacks RWR/MAWS)
4. Develop Indigenous solutions like MWF, AMCA etc.
5. Develop longer range Early warning and BVR capabilities (Meteor, Astra, SFDR etc. ) to provide edge over PAF for any encounter in the skies.

Quality indigenous solutions are the only key for future air domination of India in the SA region. Importing weapons will only give us sub-optimal results (For e.g. MICA on Mirages were not able to acquire target during 27 Feb skirmish. Source: The Print https://theprint.in/defence/not-muc...ar-after-it-was-outgunned-by-pakistan/371821/).
Inducting another heavy fighter in IAF inventory like F-15ex with little room for future evolution doesn't make any sense. The only US aircraft which has a remote possibility to don Indian colors is Naval F-18SH, even for that Rafale is also in serious contention.

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
1. Cancel MMRCA 2.0,
3. Modernize Su-30 MKI & equip them with longer range BVR Missiles, ECM & ECCM (strange to find a report mentioning that our front line fighter lacks RWR/MAWS)
5. Develop longer range Early warning and BVR capabilities (Meteor, Astra, SFDR etc. ) to provide edge over PAF for any encounter in the skies.

Quality indigenous solutions are the only key for future air domination of India in the SA region. Importing weapons will only give us sub-optimal results (For e.g. MICA on Mirages were not able to acquire target during 27 Feb skirmish. Source: The Print https://theprint.in/defence/not-muc...ar-after-it-was-outgunned-by-pakistan/371821/).
Inducting another heavy fighter in IAF inventory like F-15ex with little room for future evolution doesn't make any sense. The only US aircraft which has a remote possibility to don Indian colors is Naval F-18SH, even for that Rafale is also in serious contention.
1. Government's decision
2( IAF needs minimum 126 new fighers. Either 110 additional Rafales or a combination of rafale or f15ex.
3. Do russians have that technical capacity? Do they allow any westerners to do that.
4. We cant gamble with natinal security, DRDO always offer high but delivers less only exception is qrsam.
5.we lacks the technical background or lack of funds to deliver these things on immediate ground.

Yeah every one in the country have reservation against US equipments, but c17 & p8I we purchased in past gave us outstanding results when time occurs.

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
1. Cancel MMRCA 2.0,

I have posted the same link in mki thread

piKacHHu

Country flag
1. Government's decision
2( IAF needs minimum 126 new fighers. Either 110 additional Rafales or a combination of rafale or f15ex.
3. Do russians have that technical capacity? Do they allow any westerners to do that.
4. We cant gamble with natinal security, DRDO always offer high but delivers less only exception is qrsam.
5.we lacks the technical background or lack of funds to deliver these things on immediate ground.

Yeah every one in the country have reservation against US equipments, but c17 & p8I we purchased in past gave us outstanding results when time occurs.
I don't have any reservation about US equipment; so far they are Best in the World. It could be highlighted by the fact that F-22 is yet to find its match in the skies since its induction in early 2004. For import restrictions, F-16s are being used by Turkey, Saudi & others in many air skirmishes without seeking approval from the US government. Moreover, if we can actively consider F-18 for naval role then there is no problem in inducting F-15 either. My point was that we already have MKI of Heavy Fighter category in our inventory and that too in large number. So there is no point in inducting F-15ex for the same role; the best we can do is Augment capabilities of MKIs and invest more money into research & development of indigenous defense solutions. At the same time, We are achieving parity with PAF after induction of 2 squadrons of Rafale with Meteors. To convert this parity into superiority, we need to have better early warning capabilities and missiles that can significantly out-range their AMRAAM 120 C5s. (As pointed out by a forum member, they don't even have C7 version; forget about AMRAAM 120Ds)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles