Kaveri Engine

khatarnak

That is stuck up with babudom

Well he meant ground testing he clearly mentioned flight tests needs to be done.

How you magically reached to the figure of 60%?
nitesh, as you said....... magically:rolleyes:

badguy2000

Respected Member
That is stuck up with babudom

Well he meant ground testing he clearly mentioned flight tests needs to be done.

How you magically reached to the figure of 60%?
I reached out the figure of 60% ,just according to chinese and Yankee's experience of developing engines...

USA's F100 was finalized in mid 1970s,but it was not "available" until early 1980s.

Chinese WS10 started in early 1980s and was finalized in 2003,but its flight test on altitude testbeds took 3 years .after 3 years of flight tests on altitude testing bed, WS10 has been tested in a limited fleet of J11B until now....... So as we see, about 1/3 workload of WS10 were spent on all kinds of testflight....

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I reached out the figure of 60% ,just according to chinese and Yankee's experience of developing engines...

USA's F100 was finalized in mid 1970s,but it was not "available" until early 1980s.

Chinese WS10 was finalized in 2003,but its flight test took 3 years .after 3 years of flight tests on altitude testing bed, WS10 has been tested in a limited fleet of J11B until now...
BG it still does not explains how you reached the 60% mark

khatarnak

Chinese WS10 started in early 1980s and was finalized in 2003,but its flight test on altitude testbeds took 3 years .after 3 years of flight tests on altitude testing bed, WS10 has been tested in a limited fleet of J11B until now...
dude, if chinese took 3 years for testing engine on altitude test bed, it doesn't mean other will take that much time also. imo. (i am not saying anything about kaveri).

on the contrary, imo, kaveri has finished tests on test bed. it is going for real high altitude test in russia.

badguy2000

Respected Member
dude, if chinese took 3 years for testing engine on altitude test bed, it doesn't mean other will take that much time also. imo. (i am not saying anything about kaveri).

on the contrary, imo, kaveri has finished tests on test bed. it is going for real high altitude test in russia.
well, guy, just for your reference

chinese R&D facilities including altitude testing beds and flight testing beds are all brandnew. they are more advanced than Russian's mossy ones and can match USA's.

the infrstructures that Chinese have been investing on are not only dazzling expressways,but also all kinds of R&D facilites.

I can be proud to declare that most of chinese R&D facilites are world class ,just as our expressways are.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
well, guy, just for your reference

chinese R&D facilities including altitude testing beds and flight testing beds are all brandnew. they are more advanced than Russian's mossy ones and can match USA's.
That is too big claim :rofl: is this is the reason to still buy russian engines?

badguy2000

Respected Member
That is too big claim :rofl: is this is the reason to still buy russian engines?
it is because Soivet invested 10 time money on military R&D than chinese during soviet era...

chinese are latecomer

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
it is because Soivet invested 10 time money on military R&D than chinese during soviet era...

chinese are latecomer
When your program started? From that day you are not able to bring out successful product in between Soviet Union collapsed and lot of facilities either lost or not able to be maintained by Russia still they come up with better products

badguy2000

Respected Member
When your program started? From that day you are not able to bring out successful product in between Soviet Union collapsed and lot of facilities either lost or not able to be maintained by Russia still they come up with better products
since when did china have enough resource to be poured into R&D?

frankly speaking, all started after Yankees attacked chinese embassy in
Yugoslavia in 1999.:dfi-1:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
since when did china have enough resource to be poured into R&D?

frankly speaking, all started after Yankees attacked chinese embassy in
Yugoslavia in 1999.:dfi-1:
This is hilarious so your engine program started after 1999?

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
So we don't read anything when a link is posted .

Badguy check this

As you guys all know, the biggest problem that PLAAF have always had is the lack of high performing engine series. J-10 still relies on AL-31FN. We didn't see any new J-10s for a while, because they used up all of the AL-31FNs. J-11B used WS-10A for a while, but had so much problems that many of them are also using AL-31F

http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/mi...ngine-sale-pakistans-jf-17-a-6.html#post77206
I am sure you haven't read that PDF link i have provided here

http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/mi...097-kaveri-engine-discussion-2.html#post77224

badguy2000

Respected Member
This is hilarious so your engine program started after 1999?
no, I just mean that Yankee's bomb on chinese embassy changed CHinese fund allocation compeltely.
Before the bomb, Chinese defence industry was hungery for fund...after that,money is not problem any mroe....

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
no, I just mean that Yankee's bomb on chinese embassy changed CHinese fund allocation compeltely.
Before the bomb, Chinese defence industry was hungery for fund...after that,money is not problem any mroe....
I still not able to understand what exactly you are trying to convey. Can you clarify the original point:

How do you reach the figure of 60%

ppgj

chinese are latecomer
india too is late comer. so why are you trying to score points. the fact of the matter is both india and china do not have capability to build a modern turbofan engine as of today. period.
they have to depend on others for some time to come. but india 'cos of its respect for patent rights will have access to technology which you will not have.

badguy2000

Respected Member
india too is late comer. so why are you trying to score points. the fact of the matter is both india and china do not have capability to build a modern turbofan engine as of today. period.
they have to depend on others for some time to come. but india 'cos of its respect for patent rights will have access to technology which you will not have.
there are many difference......

China has had all necessary R&D facilities finished in the past decades..while India has not yet.

do you know how much and how long it costs/takes to buld those necessary R&D facilities?

just as the blog I posted, only altitude testbeds and flight test bed for engines cost billions of dollars and takes one decade at least to build them ,let alone other more expensive and complicated R&D facilities such as windy tunnel goups,test pools ........etc....

in a simple way, R&D activty is just a game of money-burnning.... without the support of enough fund, R%D actitivy is no sustained.....
Russia 's day has gone..for its economy is too poor...

ppgj

such R&D facilites is as necessary to R&D activitities as expressways are to economy.:tank:
what makes you think india does not have r&d? but yes we are not that advanced to make a turbofan engine. i admit.
with so much advanced r&d, that you boast of china has, why they are unable to come up with their own??
answer is we both have not reached that level.
there is no point talking over it endlessly reaching nowhere.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager

China has had all necessary R&D facilities finished in the past decades..while India has not yet.

do you know how much and how long it costs/takes to buld those necessary R&D facilities?

just as the blog I posted, only altitude testbeds and flight test bed for engines cost billions of dollars and takes one decade at least to build them ,let alone other more expensive and complicated R&D facilities such as windy tunnel goups,test pools ........etc....

in a simple way, R&D activty is just a game of money-burnning.... without the support of enough fund, R%D actitivy is no sustained.....
You are smoking big time man seriously in what sort of worl you live? Russia economy is poor... Can't you put anything logical at all?

khatarnak

do wanna say that only china has the funds and no other one else for r&d?? big surprise. don't forget, russia is still producing su30s and 35s, mig35s, RD33 ser. 3, RD 33mk, etc. etc. do you think all these stuff are being produced with out any r&d coz according to you, russia do not have funds for r&d !!!!! uuuhhh. common man, stay ground

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles