Kaveri Engine

MonaLazy

787 Comeback: How Rolls-Royce Solved Its Trent 1000 Issues

.. somewhat relevant to us or maybe not. If we ever decide to see Kaveri through to the end.

Whitecollar

Country flag
787 Comeback: How Rolls-Royce Solved Its Trent 1000 Issues

.. somewhat relevant to us or maybe not. If we ever decide to see Kaveri through to the end.
I wanna see a similar theme video...but for Kaveri engine. Maybe in this century...figers crossed...

ShouvikGhosh

Country flag
Lots of inaccuracies (110kN dry thrust!), just putting it here FWIW.. As per them both 404 & 414 are underpowered, only F119 & F135 make the cut! Also want us to push our luck with America's adaptive cycle engines & a few other ideas..

When you mix a lot of opium to limited hopium, this happens. And the way he speaks, it's as if US is waiting with a thali and Nariyal for India to order those F135s...
And 110kN dry thrust?! I mean we're currently in hope of some phoren aeroengine giant to handhold us just to finish our 80+kN wet thrust Kaveri, the 110kN engine's development has still not started...ye bhai ko sidhe 110kN dry thrust me chahie.
View attachment 132902
pedro-pascal-crying (1).gif

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
GTRE is not a modern research institution by any standard. Its basically a PSU tool shed (literally some times) with 9 to 5 quota chaap employees. On top of this GoI has never funded the project enough or shown seriousness in kicking the ass of GTRE babus to get things done quicker, or invested in a FTB etc.... Given these factors, the never ending charade of the Kaveri project which seems like a MNREGA Scheme run by babus must be shut down asap and all the so called scientists and engineers working on this should fired. Whatever little technology they have invented or copied must be transferred to a new private company which should be set up by the government that should involve top-notch engineers from IIT and other private colleges and other private companies involved ready involved in LCA manufacturing . The first priority of this new company should be to get a flying test bed working and only and only then start working on the engine . This project must be monitored personally by the PMO so that we have a working engine in the next 10 years.

All right rant over ! Let the abuses roll in nibbas :)

MonaLazy

Will take about 3 years to set up the facility once the go-ahead is given. IMO, it will align by the time AMCA realization actually starts to make sense, all the paper level clearances are green.
First wait of several years for the forever coming clearance, then 3 yrs to build the test center, this could be 4-6 non productive years. Then 10 years to make and certify the engine! By that time the goal post on performance would have shifted. :doh:

This 110kN future engine is increasingly sounding like Kaveri back in the day. Too ambitious for its own good! 😰

Last edited:

Vamsi

Country flag
First wait of several years for the forever coming clearance, then 3 yrs to build the test center, this could be 4-6 non productive years. Then 10 years to make and certify the engine! By that time the goal post on performance would have shifted.

This 110kN future engine is increasingly sounding like Kaveri back in the day. Too ambitious for its own good! 😰
Let me make this clear, with the working style of our MoD babus ,now I can confidently guess that 110KN engine production version won't come untill atleast 2038.

MonaLazy

Let me make this clear, with the working style of our MoD babus ,now I can confidently guess that 110KN engine production version won't come untill atleast 2038.
then what happens to 6 squadrons of supercruising AMCA Mk2? I think instead of 2035, 2045 is a more realistic timeline for that project. More Rafale F4/Mk2s please!

Covfefe

Country flag
then what happens to 6 squadrons of supercruising AMCA Mk2? I think instead of 2035, 2045 is a more realistic timeline for that project. More Rafale F4/Mk2s please!
[Start of Rant]
Lawda nothing will happen
It's better we put S400 in garage and beg US for F35s. Our mindset is a consumer mindset, not a manufacturer mindset and definitely not a seller's mindset. Abhi koi paise nahi dega, after 10-15 years they'll claim project delayed chal raha hai(as if it was ever on in terms of investment) like they did with Tejas. Within a decade 135 kN will be the norm and Air Force will ask for 150 kN engine given the future proofing and the cycle continues.
Choti choti cheez ke liye to naak ragad jaati private companies- like sights for rifles and upgrade kits. Why will they ever risk anything big?
[/End of Rant]

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles