Kaveri Engine

Ajax01

Country flag
I don't know what India offered, but I do know India tried but the other side was VERY VERY unhappy about the figures.

Generally, companies won't give up their tech. But when everyone inside the company knows there is no future for this company, what is more important to them, company's "future" or their own future?

Certainly, they are subject to restrictions, but things turn to bad, everyone becomes desperate: not only these scientists or engineers, but also those who suppose to restrict them.

You can't stop these people looking for better pay with "eyes" but money. So far, Americans haven't put their money on the table.

And you can't keep your eyes on hundreds of people in a foreign country for long time. You simply don't have resource for that.
Source please and if it is GT don't bother.

Just beacause they want moolah for themselves they can sell off tech especially def tech like that ? This isn't a biscuit manufacturing industry. That is why US stepped in and made Ukraine cap Chinese stake to non majority. Without US Aid they would have lost more territory as such the US Aid is far more essential than selling off a def company. To compare just how much influence they have and how much they keep things under close watch, look at how many meetings the Ukranian envoy had to make to assure US it didn't sell anything of importance to ISRO regarding rocket engines ( only dual use tech to a far less hostile country). Suffice to say Chinese sank their money and now they have no way out with non majority stake and US eyes on them.

Rajpal s

Country flag
It will take time to materialise ,however if all thinks goes as planned this step will be the pathbreaking moment in indian aviation history ,all know how capable Rolls-Royce is,we will be in the league of few nations which will have the true capabilities in 5 th gen engine as well as airframe structures .GOI should accept this offer and start working as soon as possible.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
I hope bureaucrats won't fuck it up. Since they are giving us IPR it means that we have to compromise on funding and profit sharing.
Buddy from past 5-6 year's i have been hearing different OEMs started from US (DTTI) to saffran everyone claiming to share total R&D with india but things never materialise.
Till the day we don't see on ground development like releasing funds i would say hold your horse's 👀

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Buddy from past 5-6 year's i have been hearing different OEMs started from US (DTTI) to saffran everyone claiming to share total R&D with india but things never materialise.
Till the day we don't see on ground development like releasing funds i would say hold your horse's 👀
IPR was the main issue safran and GE were not offering it that's why deal never went ahead.

IndianHawk

Country flag
This article was written in February 2020.

I have been reading such articles about joint developments since 2009 with various companies but till date they have not done anything successfully .
For some reason it's circling again. Let's see what comes out of it.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I think its circling because Senior VP of RR said they were close to a GtoG deal today .
Yes he has sparked the whole speculation. It will be a very big thing if they could really conclude the agreement.

Finally a Good news for DRDO. .......india needs this engine badly .

All of our future Jets ( AMCA , Tedbf , orca , MWF ) needs 110kn engine .

But what we got from SAFRAN in rafale deal ?
Safran is involved in k9 -k10 engine which are kaveri derivatives with 90-100kn engine. Which will replace gef404 .

This 110kn engine is for amca and possibly mwf later batches based on ej200 tech by rolls Royce. It will be an evolution of ej200 probably from 60dry 90 wet to 70-75dry110-120 wet thrust which will be most suitable for AMCA. And could possibly go to mwf in mid life upgrade.

airtel

Country flag
Safran is involved in k9 -k10 engine which are kaveri derivatives with 90-100kn engine. Which will replace gef404 .

This 110kn engine is for amca and possibly mwf later batches based on ej200 tech by rolls Royce. It will be an evolution of ej200 probably from 60dry 90 wet to 70-75dry110-120 wet thrust which will be most suitable for AMCA. And could possibly go to mwf in mid life upgrade.
Why India would develop two engines with thrust difference of just 10 kn ? 🤔

If we could get a working 110 kn engine then all our future Jets would be based on that engine including MWF , orca , AMCA .

IndianHawk

Country flag
Why India would develop two engines with thrust difference of just 10 kn ? 🤔

If we could get a working 110 kn engine then all our future Jets would be based on that engine including MWF , orca , AMCA .
I actually don't know if k9-k10 are separate program or what's there status.

There are three engines required in long run.
1. 90kn engine to replace f404 to when lca mk1/mk1a goes for mid life upgrade. ( Airframe inlet design of mk1 can't take 100kn engine as it consumes more fuel.
2. 100kn for mwf / tedbf Which needs to come faster in 5-6 years. So that dependence on f414 and USA is avoided.

Those both could be same engine.

110kn is AMCA requirement and it could also be used in mwf upgrade later.

BeEverVectorMan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Kaveri the name given to India's own jet engine itself is the point of controversial river for the two state of India
No doubt there will be delays
I don't know why we don't use ISRO expert who worked for cryogenic engine which is among the best in world
My dream is no foreign help

Snowcat

Country flag
Can expert of Bajaj motorcycle engines help in the development of turbojet engine ?🤔

Why do you think that ISRO expert of cryogenic engine can develop a 5th gen turbojet engine ?
Well basically because people can't fathom the fact that Jet engines are far more complex than rocketry. 😅 (Not comparing with falcon 9 at all).

airtel

Country flag

High pressure compressor stator for the HAL HTFE-25 manufactured by 3D printing using the alloy Ti-6Al-4V. A stator converts KE into pressure energy. The complete design to realize cycle for the combustion chamber was done in less than 5 months, traditionally it takes 14 months.

Last edited:

Belagutti

Country flag
Can expert of Bajaj motorcycle engines help in the development of turbojet engine ?🤔

Why do you think that ISRO expert of cryogenic engine can develop a 5th gen turbojet engine ?
With durable material's they could develop a small engine, the only concern is the Metallurgy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles