Karnataka boy Mustafa writes exam with toes, scores 80 per cent in board exam

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Born disabled, Mustafa lives with his parents Dasgir Sab, a lorry driver and Maqbul Banu in Kolkgal village.

Student of Veerashaiva College near Bellary city in Karnataka, Mustafa cleared the Karnataka PU exams securing 80 per cent marks while writing with his toes. Born disabled, Mustafa lives in Kolkgal village with his parents-- Dasgir Sab, a lorry driver and Maqbul Banu.

Assistance denied:

Mustafa denied every help extended to him in the PU exam. "Neither did I take any assistance to write the exam, nor did I take exemption for writing language papers," he said.

Mustafa's score card:

According to The Hindu, Mustafa got 93 in Kannada, 70 in English, 82 in history, 60 in economics, 86 in political science and 83 in social studies. "I have applied for re-evaluation of the economics paper," he added.

Voice of the teacher:

His teacher K. Gadilingappa said, "I was transferred to Kolagal around six years ago, and I was astonished and proud to see that Mustafa was independent and faced challenges on his own. Seeing his self-confidence and positive attitude, I helped him get a scholarship for the disabled and gave him moral support to motivate him."

Regarding his dream Mustafa said: "I want to become an IAS officer and would like to serve the country."

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/education/story/ballari-son-mustafa/1/679503.html

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles