Kargil made India discuss Kashmir with Pak: Musharraf

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Kargil made India discuss Kashmir with Pak: Musharraf New Delhi: Terming Kargil as a "big success", former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf has said India agreed to discuss Kashmir only because of that war in 1999.

"Yes, indeed, it was a big success because it had (an) impact even on the attitudes of the Indian side. How did we start discussing the Kashmir dispute? How was it that the Indians agreed that we will discuss Kashmir and there must be a negotiated settlement? Before this there was no such thing at all," Musharraf said in a TV interview.

Making a strong defence of the controversial Kargil Operation, he said before that "Kashmir couldn't be spoken. Kashmir must not be mentioned even in United Nation's speeches by our leaders. This was the Indian side. (So) how did the Indians come on the negotiating table on Kashmir?"

He also accepted that forces from the Pakistani Army's Rawalpindi Corps and Force Command Northern Areas were involved in the Kargil Operation - contradictory to the country's earlier claim that Kargil was conducted by alleged freedom fighters and the army was not involved.

As written in his book "In the Line of Fire", he said, they were "second line forces" but accepted they were commanded by the army's Rawalpindi Corps and FCNA.

"What I have written is final. I am not going to get into the details at all," Musharraf said.

Claiming the Kargil Operation ended with Pakistani forces in a "very favourable" position, he said "Because if you are talking about India-Pakistan, Indians had moved all their forces against Kargil and there was (as a result) weakness elsewhere.

"So we knew what the Indian forces are capable (of) and what we are capable (of)...the situation was very favourable in Kargil, in Kashmir and on the entire border. We were capable of responding to any Indian action," he said.

http://news.in.msn.com/national/arti...3114947&page=1

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
in his dreams (sorry for the explosive langauge ) he got his ass handed to him

tharikiran

Country flag
in his dreams (sorry for the explosive langauge ) he got his ass handed to him

The joker is not being taken seriously in his own country.
I just don't get it as to why we paid the tickets for this buffoon to come to India and do this show.

karan Thapar needs to do a better job than bringing this joker on to his show.

Man, Musharaff talks utter crap.

The jerk sure knows what we are capable off. He sure will remember till his last breath -1971

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Some people will go to any extent to justify their mistake........

even after hundereds of men were lost in both sides, due to mushi's misadventure, he has still not learn that it was his biggest mistake. Both countries could have gone to full scale war and then nuclear war, with end result, Pakistani wiped out of world's map and millions of deaths on both side.

It would be better if we stop giving attention to this dictator who desperatly want attention as he is out of power now.......

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
Getting over 4000 soldiers killed gave Pakistan a 'favorable position'?

Nobody is bothering to correct him i suppose.He should be pulled up for Kargil mis-adventure .

Flint

Sorry Mushy sahib, but Kargil was by far your biggest mistake.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Mushy is hallucinating these days because he is being targeted by Chief justice of Pakistan/Nawaz Shareef who wants to take revenge for what he did to them. He has been summoned now for firing supreme court judges during 'emergency' when he was 'president without uniform'. The moment he enters Pakistan from his unofficial exile in London, he will be flooded with more cases like treason etc and eventually be hanged just like they did with other military dictators.

He is scared for his life and that is why he is blabbering.

rocky

When Pakistanis cannot accept defeats for 1965 and 1971 wars how do you ever expect them to get so magnanimous to accept 1999. These guys are breed apart they just love to live in a fantasy worst where god would perform some kind of divine intervention to save them from suicide.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
WTF is the arrogant prick talking about? Vajpayee was already on his very successful ice-breaking visit in Lahore when this guy did Kargil. Who said Kargil was responsible for India discussing Kashmir?

I don't know why the Indian media gives the guy so much air time. This b*****d is responsible for the deaths of thousands of Indians in Kargil, and yet, our TV channels call and honour him as if he was Nelson Mandela. I wonder if General Sam Manekshaw would have received the same "star" treatment in Pakistan.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Mushy is hallucinating these days because he is being targeted by Chief justice of Pakistan/Nawaz Shareef who wants to take revenge for what he did to them. He has been summoned now for firing supreme court judges during 'emergency' when he was 'president without uniform'. The moment he enters Pakistan from his unofficial exile in London, he will be flooded with more cases like treason etc and eventually be hanged just like they did with other military dictators.
AFAIK no Military dictator was hanged.

He is scared for his life and that is why he is blabbering.
The Pakistani Mushy supporters believe him, and he is pandering to them.

WTF is the arrogant prick talking about? Vajpayee was already on his very successful ice-breaking visit in Lahore when this guy did Kargil. Who said Kargil was responsible for India discussing Kashmir?

I don't know why the Indian media gives the guy so much air time. This b*****d is responsible for the deaths of thousands of Indians in Kargil, and yet, our TV channels call and honour him as if he was Nelson Mandela. I wonder if General Sam Manekshaw would have received the same "star" treatment in Pakistan.
TV Channels are in for making a buck; calling him to Agra was a bigger faux pas imo.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Musharraf should not be taken seriously. He has lost what ever little credibility he had after being eased out of office.
Today whatever he says is because of the financial rewards he gets for being called in to give lectures and guest speaker.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Musharraf is a fool. The only phrase I think of when I see him is: "too clever by half"!

He has achieved nothing at the end of it all.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
if we see mushi's brillant plan was to get those post which India vacate due to heavy snow in winter months in Kargil, without any fight and then, force india to discuss Kashmir, was nothing but opportunist plan, which was back fire and things did not work out as planned.

There is no glory in taking over posts which are vacated by Indian army, instead Pakistan Army looked nothing more then illegal occupant with arms, they were kicked out ultimatly.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
certain people make their own fool's paradise and mush has one such for sure and actually it is good that he has one, and my wish most of india-baiter pakistanis need to have one such of their own, another example of this when pakistanis cry out the ratio of pa to ia is at 1:10, laughable to say the least. hallucination is the word, so aptly put in by DD.

mush is on the back foot and it is good to see he will be tried by the supreme court, adding insult to his injury, he now will be charged with and tried for war crimes for the period he was the dictator and all this will be done in london. its all music to my ears especially when all this is being done to someone who dared to do a kargil on us.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Musharraf is living in a dream world - a self apppointed 'King' who has lost his Kingdom and roaming around the lost and in his dreamworld.

Northern Light Infantry (FCNA) is not second class troops. They are local troops accustomed to the High Altitude just like our Ladakh Scouts. Dufai Mujahids are second rung and they were nowhere involved!

In so far as Kargil Ops goes which they codenamed as Op Badr, it was a total failure and was conceived with the bravado that one sees in Wargames, where quite some issues are glossed over, like the logistics, weather and other aspects, they not being galmourous or impressive to make points or get attention as strategy and tactics.

Many in Pakistan has bandied the idea that Op Badr was tactically brilliant and audacious! Audacity can be displayed normally by the brain deficit individuals. The saying goes - Fools Rush In, Where Angels Fear to Tread! Op Badr is the manifestation and proof of the veracity and sagacity of this saying.

Op Badr flouted the Principles of War, major being Sustainability. And without Sustainability no operation can be successful.

There was no lines of communication i.e. secure routes to move in logistics, replenishment of arms, ammunition, stores, food, medevac and so on. It maybe added that one first line can sustain only one attack in statistical terms.

Therefore, while the PA could come in stealthily and occupy heights against no resistance, yet once the IA attacked, the PA without a supply and medevac secure line were at God's mercy! It is true that they had great faith in their God as the Diary of an officer indicates.....but even that slowly fades away in the Dairy!

Thus, they were thrown out of Kargil by the IA and was the natural corollary to an ill conceived and most unmilitary like plan.

I believe Musharraf, like Captain Ahab of the story Mob Dick, where Captain Ahab had lost his leg in an encounter with this whale Moby Dick, Musharraf was dying to avenge the loss of Quaid Post to the IA, when he was the Bde Cdr in Siachen. Like Moby Dick won the Battle between Captain Ahab and Moby Dick, India sorted out Pakistan.

Tin soldiers love to portray that they are Clausewitz, Rommel, Moltke all rolled in one and sadly, they eat humble pie and eat crow as Hitler. Musharraf and Hitler are the sides of the same coin.

My heartiest condolences to Musharraf and his Army for their humiliation and defeat.

I understand the anguish of the NLI men whose dead (Shias) were left behind in India to be buried by us as per Islamic rites. The Sunni few were taken ba for burial in Pakistan.

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
Excellent post sir.

I think the general actually believes what he says.

Often times people want to believe something so deeply that they not only ignore all the facts before them, they create some of their own.

The general can still taste the tears he cried when Bangladesh was born and he still remembers siachen like it was tomorrow, for him Kargil has to be a success otherwise all the Pakistani lives that he sacrificed would have gone to a waste along with the only chance he had to take his revenge.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
^^ I think that is a fair comment.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Who do you belive; A Gentleman(V P Malik) or A Street bully(Musharraf).

Accusing former Pakistan military ruler Pervez Musharraf of "telling lies", the retired Indian Army chief V P Malik on Saturday said that the Pakistani general seemed to change his perceptions and actions on the Kargil war before different audiences.

"He (Musharraf) keeps changing his statements. There was time, he was not owning up his role in the conflict. First he said it was only irregular militants fighting, but later changed his views and owned up that regular Pakistani army troops were involved in the intrusion," Malik said at a ceremony to mark 10 years of the conflict, which saw extraordinary feats of bravery and dare-devilry by Indian army men.

Commenting on claims made by Musharraf that through the Kargil, he had brought Kashmir issue back on the international agenda in a big way, Malik who led the Indian Army during the conflict period, said events were to the contrary, as it was a proud and brave Indian army, which evicted the Pakistanis from the heights occupied illegally by them.

Taking on the former Pakistani president, Malik said, Musharraf was an army chief, who did not dare to own up Pakistani army casualties and refused to take their dead bodies, which had to be buried with honour by Indian forces.

Malik also said that Pakistani rulers, including their military brass could not be trusted and New Delhi would have to step up preparedness, as any new war could be foisted on the country anytime.

Referring to defence setup in Kargil, the former Indian Army chief said that things are now much better. "We have strengthened our defences, people too are confident. We are now capable of defending every part of the country."

Remembering the war heroes and events that took place during the Operation Vijay, he said: "It is a memorable event. I would say it is honour for me to be part of this event here. By looking at the faces of the brave soldiers, kins of martyrs and awardees, I wonder what they are made of."

Malik exposes Musharraf's 'lies' on Kargil war

IBM

general Pig mushy, who was responsible for kargil has left unpakistan and settled in UK. Bought house with 1.4 millon pounds drives 7 series BMW. Bloddy pig mussy has lootted his unholy pakistan. Now his own people filled case against him. He ran out from unpakistan.

May God destory pakistan( terriorist factory of the world)

Sorry for this language but today is the 10th anniversery of Kargil war. My blood is boiling.......

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles