Kargil hero's father moves SC for justice

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
CHANDIGARH: Continuing his 13-year-old bitter battle, retired scientist Dr N K Kalia, father of Kargil martyr Captain Saurabh Kalia, who was made captive and subjected to brutal torture by Pakistan army in 1999, has now knocked the door of apex court seeking directions to Union government to take up his son's case at the international judicial forum.

In his petition to the Supreme Court, Dr Kalia has contended that the ministry of external affairs (MEA) and ministry of home affairs (MHA) should ask International Court of Justice (ICJ) to expose the "torture" that resulted in Captain Kalia's death.

Dr N K Kalia, who retired from CSIR, has been shuttling from Ministry of Defence (MOD) to Army headquarters and MEA to Prime Minister's Office (PMO) in the past 13 years, has alleged that the act at the behest of Pakistan government is in violation of the Geneva Convention.

He wants the Indian government to exert pressure on Pakistan to apologize, identify and punish those Pakistani soldiers indulged in the barbaric torture of Captain Kalia.

In his petition, copy of which is with the TOI, Kalia has argued that the attitude of the Indian government in not responding to various representations made by him for appropriate action against the Pakistan government at the international forum, has forced him to approach the SC to bring justice to the Indian soldiers who were subject to war crimes by Pakistan.

His lawyer at Supreme Court Arvind Kumar Sharma told TOI on Monday that the petition has been filed and is expected to come up for hearing within a fortnight.

Barbaric Act

Immediately after getting commission into 4-Jat regiment of army, Saurabh Kalia was posted in Kargil area. In May 1999, Captain Kalia had gone out for patrol duty in Kaksar area of Kargil along with five other soldiers — Sepoys Arjunram Baswana, Mula Ram Bidiasar, Naresh Singh Sinsinwar, Bhanwar Lal Bagaria and Bhika Ram Mudh. They were caught by the Pakistan army, which kept them in captivity for over 22 days and subjected to brutal torture as evident from their bodies handed over by the Pakistan Army on June 9, 1999. Parts of their body were burnt with cigarettes, eyes were gorged out before puncturing, teeth and bones were broken and various limbs and private organs of these soldiers were chopped off.

Kargil hero’s father moves SC for justice - The Times of India on Mobile

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I really fail to understand why successive governments have failed this hero.

Dr Kalia has registered on DFI a couple of years back.

Sir, If you have logged in here today and reading this, I really pray you get justice and India as a whole gets justice for the brutality suffered by Lt Saurabh.

And Sir, I would say sorry that the country as a whole has failed you and Saurabh.

Ankit Purohit

Country flag
Pakki Darinde should be Punished ,bring them in India ,asi maut denge ki rooh bhi kanpne lage

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The case should be taken up and pursued.

Victor Sierra

Country flag
Is there any chance that, those who killed Capt. Kalia & his soldiers were killed in the operation.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Salute to the man waging a lonely battle. Atleast the ex-service men foundations can help the gentleman in his case.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Is there any chance that, those who killed Capt. Kalia & his soldiers were killed in the operation.
How do you know? do you have a back channel open?

Further, Not only those people who did the actual torture, but the officers who were supposed to be in charge to make sure no such things should have happen, should be punished. The nation which did not punish its soldiers for such heinous act, should be punished. We should have stopped all the bilateral relations with Pak, until those preparators are brought to justice. But, aren't we piss-lovers falling over each other to make friends with our perpetual enemy?!!!

Decklander

The PA batallion posted there and responsible for this torture is well known to IA. Whenever they get posted to indian border again, We must target them and kill atleast 100 of their men as a salute to the memory of Capt. kalia.

Victor Sierra

Country flag
How do you know? do you have a back channel open?

Further, Not only those people who did the actual torture, but the officers who were supposed to be in charge to make sure no such things should have happen, should be punished. The nation which did not punish its soldiers for such heinous act, should be punished. We should have stopped all the bilateral relations with Pak, until those preparators are brought to justice. But, aren't we piss-lovers falling over each other to make friends with our perpetual enemy?!!!
I agree with punishing each & every one. Today, Pak won't take action. Nor can we expect from them. We need to first punish those due to whom this case was ignored which include our leaders & I guess IA officers too.

Victor Sierra

Country flag
The only choice I see is, giving up all Medals back to corrupt GoI, all the Men & family who received Medals during 1999 also join them.

Sometimes, this sickness of bl00dy minister in power & opposition & Officers of Defense forces hit my mind & I feel like killing them all. One should let these Maoist & terrorists kill the ministers. Why always common man is fuzzed. Feel like holding machine gun & empty the drum on all the politicians.

Itne saal se shaanti se dekh rhe hai tamaasha. Par bhul gye hai sabb ki yeh kalyug hai. Agar atayachaar karna paap hai toh sehna uss se bhi badaa paap hai.

Decklander

If I am allowed one killing in India as per laws, I wud like to kill Atal Bihari Chaarpayee. The Bastard who has let this nation and its armed forces down. BJP is a party of hijdas and they shud never be voted to power unless they show exalted nationalism.

Iamanidiot

If I am allowed one killing in India as per laws, I wud like to kill Atal Bihari Chaarpayee. The Bastard who has let this nation and its armed forces down. BJP is a party of hijdas and they shud never be voted to power unless they show exalted nationalism.
Sir,Could the IA afford a cross border operation at that point in time?

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Nothing will happen, our masters (con-gress politicians) take aam man as insects and numb to core when it comes to soldiers and the poor. They would only concentrate on loot! BJP is con-gress 2.0 in the making if Modi, Chuhan and Uma are pushed back!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
All the defense and external ministers from the past 13 years should be banded together and beaten by the public.

One should have seen yesterday nights debate on times now....would make blood boil of any self respecting Indian.

Victor Sierra

Country flag
All the defense and external ministers from the past 13 years should be banded together and beaten by the public.

One should have seen yesterday nights debate on times now....would make blood boil of any self respecting Indian.
What was the duration of that debate?
I found it on times now website but there is only one part-1 of 13-14 minutes long.

Please share if you find the rest part or complete debate.

Decklander

Sir,Could the IA afford a cross border operation at that point in time?
By the time Kargil war ended, whole of IA, IAF and IN was fully mobilised. Pak had run out of most ammo and was in no way capable of fighting a 15 day war. All we needed to do was to activate whole of western front and finish off their industrial, & military complex by air strikes and border skirmishes without making deep thrusts. That wud have created complete anarchy in Pakistan and it wud have ceased to exist as a nation. We shud have given PA a bloody nose and again made them look idiots in Pakistan like we did in 1971 war. Pakistan feared this very scenerio and so dispatched Nawaz to USA. Atal somehow capitulated to Bill Clinton and the second phase of Kargil war was never put into place.
If you guys see the reports of those days, You will find that most of eastern Fleet of IN had moved to Arabian sea and also embarked our Amphi brigade for incursion into Baluchistan to dismember Pakistan by Librating Baluchistan. It was this act which was the turning point of the war and prompted Pakistan to seek USA mediation to prevent repeat of 1971. The MARCOS were embarked on subs for ops in Baluchistan with BLA and select amphi assault beaches for landings shud a go ahead for full fledged war comes from GOI.
Kargil war By Air & Sea - NDTV special documentary Episode 2 of 2 - YouTube

Pls see from seven minute onwards of this video.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
By the time Kargil war ended, whole of IA, IAF and IN was fully mobilised. Pak had run out of most ammo and was in no way capable of fighting a 15 day war. All we needed to do was to activate whole of western front and finish off their industrial, & military complex by air strikes and border skirmishes without making deep thrusts. That wud have created complete anarchy in Pakistan and it wud have ceased to exist as a nation. We shud have given PA a bloody nose and again made them look idiots in Pakistan like we did in 1971 war. Pakistan feared this very scenerio and so dispatched Nawaz to USA. Atal somehow capitulated to Bill Clinton and the second phase of Kargil war was never put into place.
If you guys see the reports of those days, You will find that most of eastern Fleet of IN had moved to Arabian sea and also embarked our Amphi brigade for incursion into Baluchistan to dismember Pakistan by Librating Baluchistan. It was this act which was the turning point of the war and prompted Pakistan to seek USA mediation to prevent repeat of 1971. The MARCOS were embarked on subs for ops in Baluchistan with BLA and select amphi assault beaches for landings shud a go ahead for full fledged war comes from GOI.

Iron lady was needed for such a scenario.

She had more balls than all the male pm's put together.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
What was the duration of that debate?
I found it on times now website but there is only one part-1 of 13-14 minutes long.

Please share if you find the rest part or complete debate.
Was for half an hour...i dont know whether it included debate or news report, i was eating dinner also :D

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag

Thanks a lot for sharing ! :thumb:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles