Kailash-Mansarovar for Tawang - A good deal?

ArmchairGeneral

If China agreed to cede Kailash Mansarovar in exchange for us ceding Tawang, would it be wise for India to take it?

Modi and Xi are going to be working hard for a final settlement on the border question next month.

grampiguy

Really Dude?? What a load of nonsense !!!!! Do you even understand the importance of Tawang for entire Brahmaputra region and the chicken neck??

Kailash-Mansarover was always part of Minsar principality of Ladakh province under Indian control for centuries. They were paying taxes to Ladakh kingdom. Nehru's transfer to China of Minsar composed of Kailash Mansarover was illegal and is not allowed in the Indian constitution. In future, Minsar (Kailash-Mansarover) and Saksgham Valley are going to be two crucial demands by India...Tawang is/was/will never be on the table.

Read a bit of history..it will do you good..Your proposal is like asking a thief -whether he wants to give back stolen gold (Kailash) or diamond (Tawang) while he keeps the entire jewellery box (Tibet) !!!

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
i have read the two posts above and both of you @DingDong and @grampiguy are right -on

i had really high hopes about modi and still i do think highly of him

i am a little concerned however of his body language which he displayed
during Xi's visit last year -. i think he went a bit overboard in being friendly
but i would be glad to be proven wrong !

if he is going to beijing with some ideas of exchanging territory then he should know
that it would be most unacceptable to the people - and in which case even the disorganized
UPA woud be better than his NDA ....i believe therefore that any rumours of exchange are just that
rumours .

ccpland is on the way down and even if it takes another 100 yrs, we should to
stick to our claims without giving anything up and ride out the 100 years

there is no telling what military advantage we could one day have over them and we
should give them a hard taste of their medicine in reply for 1962 ! ...

it will never be too late for that

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

No giving up of Tawang, whether Kailash becomes part of India or not.

Otm Shank2

If anything India should strengthen and develop tawang and be prepared to fight to the last drop of her enemies' blood for it. As a Hindu and devotee of Lord Shiva kailash has more religious sentimental value than anything else except the lives of Indian citizens. Bharat is it's people not religious sites.

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
It is about the access from east to west and south to north

archie

Country flag
i have read the two posts above and both of you @DingDong and @grampiguy are right -on

i had really high hopes about modi and still i do think highly of him

i am a little concerned however of his body language which he displayed
during Xi's visit last year -. i think he went a bit overboard in being friendly
but i would be glad to be proven wrong !

if he is going to beijing with some ideas of exchanging territory then he should know
that it would be most unacceptable to the people - and in which case even the disorganized
UPA woud be better than his NDA ....i believe therefore that any rumours of exchange are just that
rumours .

ccpland is on the way down and even if it takes another 100 yrs, we should to
stick to our claims without giving anything up and ride out the 100 years

there is no telling what military advantage we could one day have over them and we

it will never be too late for that
In DIplomacy nothing you see is real.. you play a game of perceptions and there is no need to be worred about it.. you be friendly that wll make the percon receptive the what they say.. You will listen to someone ho is friendly tather than Enemy At the same time you can be firm.. its a game of Cloak and dragger

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
The people of Arunachal Pradesh share a common history with us. India should not give up a single inch of her rightful territory.

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Agree with @pmaitra. Whether we get Kailash or not, no giving up Tawang. That would be betrayal and backstabbing of our own citizens.

A more pertinent question would be, is Kailash Mansaoravar for Aksai Chin a good deal? Personally I want everything, being an Indian, but the latter proposal at least is more logical because China already controls much of Aksai Chin.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Exchange? LOL

Course at which PLA soldiers are having picnics, you will have chinese flag on many of the north, north-eastern Indian lands. PRC respects no agreements, no sovereignty.

And why you want to give away Tawang?? Its damn beautiful. I don't want to draw chinese visa next time I go for camping.

desicanuk

What our leaders have failed to realize is that the ideal weapon to neutralize PRC is double digit economic growth.After that India should reverse Nehru's disasterous foreign policy that accepted PRC's sovereignity over Tibet.Tibet should be declared as disputed territory under illegal occupation by a foreign power.Further any treaties entered in to with the government of PRC by any nations would be deemed illegal because the CPC is an usurper witout any mandate from the people of PRC.Any negotiations by the Indian government with the CPC rulers of PRC should cease forthwith.India should only conduct any border negotiations with a legitimate government of Tibet.We have no border with PRC.
Economic power is the supreme power from which all other powers including military power flows.This is one thing that Beijing has amply and successfully demonstrated.

Last edited:

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
We should not think of giving up our claim on illegally occupied territory whether it Kailash -Mnasarovar or Aksai -Chin. Let us focus on economic development and keep border issues on burner till we are in a position to counter China's claim by making our own claims on disputed area.

prohumanity

Country flag
PM Modi's body language during Prez Xi's visit to India was perfectly in accordance with Indian civilization (ATHITHI DEVO BHAV) respect for our guest. It was a beautiful scene to watch that leaders of two giant nations in harmonious manner interacting and giving hope to the World ravaged by savage nations leading to death of millions of human beings. They were so greedy to get Iraqi oil that they were willing to create rivers of human blood and now, you see the consequences. Western mind is extremely violent and narcissistic...they want hegemony at any cost. Seeing peaceful and civil interaction between Indian and Chinese leaders are causing restless, insomnia to them. Who are they going to sell their exorbitant weapons if two giants do not want confrontation/ What about their economies sliding in chronic deflationary spiral without more wars and chaos in the World ?
Road through NATHULA pass will be finalized soon and crowds of Indians visit Kailash -Mansarovar bringing people to people contact and love between Chinses and Indian folks. West will be scratching it head and will be planning more sneaky ,dividing tactics.

Last edited:

prohumanity

Country flag

The western brokers and sales women keep chanting 1962,,,1962..1962 because there is nothing more significant problem between India and China. (border issue is minor) How about west supporting and weaponizing Pakistan to undermine India for last 60 years. Patton Tanks, Sabre jets, billions of military aid against India....who are you trying to bluff...Indian do remember history. 1962 chant will not be able to sell hate between two Giants.
Do you know who sent 7th fleet with Nukes in Indian Ocean in 1971 to intimidate India? Your hegemon ...to protect its poodle Pakistan.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles