K-4 Missile

sukhish

I was expecting AGNI-VI (with more than 6000+ km range as AGNI-V already has 5500 range) and K-4 or K-5 along with successful nirbhay cruise missile test. none have so far come to be true. all day news talks about nationalism and blah blah blah. I'am not sure replacing avinash chander was a good decision either, at least he was delivering on some promises. l'am pretty amazed that literally no new tests have taken place.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
With NOTAM anounced I think delay wont be from top.Delay could be due to any one of the reason: Technical,Environment (any snoopers detected) or weather
This means they are testing new technology and want to make sure that it passes. A failure will be really demotivating after Pak tested readymade missiles

IndianHawk

Country flag
This means they are testing new technology and want to make sure that it passes. A failure will be really demotivating after Pak tested readymade missiles
About time we stop giving a damn about pakis. Our genuine failure has more reputation than their faked success.

They can fool their Abdul's but millitary minds all over the world know better.

sayareakd

Country flag
With NOTAM anounced I think delay wont be from top.Delay could be due to any one of the reason: Technical,Environment (any snoopers detected) or weather
Two things drdo has not said that test was postponed, they didn't said anything, thats shocking part. Another shocking part was the report that it would be pontoon test. Why haven't they tested from ATV Arihant. Whats stopping them from testing from Arihant. Things are not what they seems.

sayareakd

Country flag
I was expecting AGNI-VI (with more than 6000+ km range as AGNI-V already has 5500 range) and K-4 or K-5 along with successful nirbhay cruise missile test. none have so far come to be true. all day news talks about nationalism and blah blah blah. I'am not sure replacing avinash chander was a good decision either, at least he was delivering on some promises. l'am pretty amazed that literally no new tests have taken place.
Dr. Chandra is great patriot and son of soil. He wanted to reply nuke attack in minutes not in days. His good intention for country's protection brought A5 canister into existence and his last gift to country as drdo chief. Now things are shockingly handled nirbhay is great example.

AnantS

Country flag
Two things drdo has not said that test was postponed, they didn't said anything, thats shocking part. Another shocking part was the report that it would be pontoon test. Why haven't they tested from ATV Arihant. Whats stopping them from testing from Arihant. Things are not what they seems.
Saya sir, DRDO has been testing prithvi missiles for decades and suddenly announced successful test fire of K series and advanced Agni series. Not to forget PAD. Who knows if the test is being carried out on pontoon or otherwise on other platform. Or if the test havent been already conducted from submarine. Sab maya hai

Chinmoy

Country flag
Just one thing. DRDO has not yet declared anything which indicates that the K4 test has been delayed or cancelled. We should wait for the official statement about this test to come out.
The first test of the missile had been carried out in complete secrecy and its only later on that we came to know about it. Now this time around, it seems like the whole media thing has been shunned out from the test. Now it could mean two things.
First, the test has been delayed or postponed. But if it had been the thing, the media would have reported it. If not media, then defence enthusiast or people who closely monitor the tests would have reported it.
Second, the test had been a failure. In this scenario, I do have complete faith in our media to jump up and down and report it in bold golden letters as China had recently on 2nd feb tested its D-5 with 10 MIRV.

So a third possibility does build up. The news had been a false report to hide out on something or the test had been carried out in complete secrecy just like past. Now what were the results? I think we should keep a check on our horses from running wild and wait for the official statement.

sayareakd

Country flag
Now K5, K6, K2, A6 SLBM and Pralay are secret, not K4 for which even launch video is out.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Now K5, K6, K2, A6 SLBM and Pralay are secret, not K4 for which even launch video is out.
Even K5 is not a secret, infact the whole K program had never been a secret, only the tests were. If you remember correctly, the launch of K4 from Arihant was kept a secret and it has been revealed much later.

sayareakd

Country flag
Even K5 is not a secret, infact the whole K program had never been a secret, only the tests were. If you remember correctly, the launch of K4 from Arihant was kept a secret and it has been revealed much later.
its so secret that they were not even showing correct diagram for it. They just copy posted K15, check it out

top right corner........

Akshay_Fenix

With the unpredictable nature of D Trump, I believe all the long range missile tests will be carried out in secret henceforth.

sayareakd

Country flag
With the unpredictable nature of D Trump, I believe all the long range missile tests will be carried out in secret henceforth.
Pak and China carried out there tests, so is Uncle (they tested BMD recently) we are the one that give up under pressure, so much for our 56 inches.....................:mad2::crying:

Chinmoy

Country flag
its so secret that they were not even showing correct diagram for it. They just copy posted K15, check it out

top right corner........
I agree to it, but the actual reason for doing the copy paste job is because of the changes which Agni series had to go to get fit in K series.

India had for start a bigger problem with platform for these SLBM. Thats the very reason why Arihant had been changed midway from being an SSN to an SSBN. Then came the challenge to modify A3 to fit the role of K4. K15 had been ground tested in the form of Shaurya. The whole of K series is still evolving instead of being a matured program. After a final successful trial of K5 only I think we will be able to have a clear pic of any K series missile. Till then, it would just be a copy paste job for us to keep its secret safe and to work on the needed modification.

Akshay_Fenix

Pak and China carried out there tests, so is Uncle (they tested BMD recently) we are the one that give up under pressure, so much for our 56 inches.....................:mad2::crying:
I didn't say we would stop testing our long range missiles, I said we will not disclose such tests to the media.

The first K4 test was also done under complete secrecy.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
We given up under Chinese missile tracking ship near to launch spot.

Global Defence

Articles