Julian Assange and WikiLeaks

Is Julian Assagne a genuine whistleblower?

• Whistleblower

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • CIA Crony / Agent

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

trackwhack

So how many think Julian Assagne to be a genuine whistleblower?

as opposed to

Julian Assange - a CIA agent?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
He is an 100% CIA agent.

If he was a genuine whistle-blower he wouldn't have released the stuff in trickles. He would have just dumped it as a whole.

trackwhack

So how has this not been discussed earlier? Or did I miss something? Apologies if this is a doublepost.

trackwhack

You could add a Poll
Just did :)

Ok its boring to only vote. So here are reasons why I'm sure he is a CIA crony.

1) US Embassy cables leaked by a low ranking officer? Yeah Sure.

2) The US trying to discredit Assagne by throwing sexual harrassment claims thus propping up his credibility

3) All embassy cables perfectly in line with changing US foriegn policy but heavily in conflict with current US foriegn policy. e.g. Afghanistan and Pakistan

4) Assagne's India specific posts propping BJP and Modi (though I personally like this fact). The US wants a BJP government in the cetre who they perceive will be less tolerant of Pakistan and supportive of US' efforts to establish permanent military presence is South Asia. BJP is also more pro-Israel and anti Iran than the Congress.

5) Oh there are so many more. But I will trickle them down through several posts rather than one big dump.:rofl:

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Overwrought thinking

I did not vote, because to be considered a whistleblower, Assange needed to have been an employee of the US government, at least for legal purposes in relation to protection under US law. Was Bradley Manning (is Bradley Manning the "low-ranking officer? He was an Army PFC!) a whistleblower? That could be a poll question, but he signed an oath not to reveal secrets, so we know what he is. The idea that Assange is an agent of the CIA is truly bizarre. What real evidence is there? None except for vague assumptions. This is the worst kind of conspiracy theory. Honestly, trackwhack, you're better off shooting off your imaginary 10000 km missiles towards the States.:lol:

trackwhack

Hey man, I Like Conspiracy Theories. In fact given the choice, I'd post one a day.

Forum Mods, please open a sub forum for me : I promise one sexy conspiracy theory a day. It'll blow your mind. 8)

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Hey man, I Like Conspiracy Theories. In fact given the choice, I'd post one a day.

Forum Mods, please open a sub forum for me : I promise one sexy conspiracy theory a day. It'll blow your mind. 8)
Start with the idea that PFC Bradley Manning had access to so much classified information to pass along to Assange. He probably had TS/SCI clearance but absolutely no need to know for the extensive areas of intel from which he was downloading enormous amounts of material onto his CDs. Who supervised Manning? Who got him the access he had? There is the trail to follow.

Unfortunately, Manning has not been brought to trial at this point, as far as I know. Last I heard he was sleeping naked without a blanket in a cell at Ft. Leavenworth and feeling very sorry for himself. Maybe Lori Berenson could be his pen-pal. :)

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Or so you were told. :whistle:
Isn't everything on Wiki true?

Manning was held in maximum custody beginning in July 2010 in the Marine Corps Brig, Quantico, Virginia, which in effect meant solitary confinement, conditions that Amnesty International called harsh and punitive. In April 2011, 295 scholars, including legal scholars and philosophers signed a letter saying the conditions he experienced amounted to a violation of the U.S. Constitution; later that month the Pentagon transferred him to a medium-security facility in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, allowing him to interact with other pre-trial detainees.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_Manning

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
5) Oh there are so many more. But I will trickle them down through several posts rather than one big dump.:rofl:
Looking forward to them.

trackwhack

Ah, I see. You wasted out time, so you win.
At the end of the day, the US played its hand very well. Whether realization dawned on foreign intelligence or not, swaying public opinion was the objective and that was met. However, your denial doesnt change anything : the smart guys here understand the whole Assange bullcrap and thats that.

Of course there is points 5, 6 and further. But the point obviously is lost on you.

Poseidon

Country flag
Names of Indians holding Swiss bank accounts will be out next year:Julian Assange.

Names of Indians holding Swiss bank accounts will be out next year:Julian Assange.
3 Dec, 2011, 1912 hrs IST, PTI

NEW DELHI: The names of Indians holding Swiss bank accounts may be revealed by Wikileaks sometime next year, its founder Julian Assange said on Saturday.

Assange, who is under house arrest in the UK, said through video-conferencing, that whistle-blower Rudolf Elmer, who passed CDs containing information to him, is undergoing trial and it would not be proper to make disclosures at this juncture.

Asked if names of Indians holding Swiss accounts will be revealed in the coming year, he said, "yes". Information about such accounts "which will affect India" will be revealed in the coming year, he said.

He said since Elmer was jailed and facing legal action, he would not like to comment on the issue at the moment. "For that reason, unfortunately I cannot speak about information related to Swiss accounts in great detail...we must protect our people," he added.

The Australian whistle-blower said governments in some countries are "sucking out" data from e-mails and internet transactions and passing on this "economic intelligence" to companies like Walmart. He made some startling revelations about "hacking" and "hijacking" of data of unsuspecting people.

Assange maintained that NTRO, which he termed was India's equivalent of National Security Agency of the US, was engaged in similar kind of surveillance under the cover of keeping track of "Islamic terror". However, there were no known instances of NTRO sharing such information with private companies.

Assange said e-mails, transactions done through credit and debit cards as well as information sent on the internet, "go through the Pacific (Ocean) and US" and are intercepted in the name of national security and to combat terrorist threats.

"Part of this mission is to provide economic intelligence to companies like Walmart, Lockheed Martin and Boeing. They (security and private agencies) suck up this intelligence and use it for economic benefits," Assange said. He, however, maintained that he did not have any proof of the beneficiary companies paying for this kind of information.

Walmart is one of the companies which would be able to set up shop in India after the recent government decision to allow 51 per cent FDI in multi-brand retail.

Assange claimed that two Indian companies were helping India's external intelligence unit, Research & Analysis Wing (RAW), in electronic surveillance of e-mails and mobile phone calls. He said such acts were done with or without the collaboration of service providers.

"A big French surveillance company was helping (Libyan dictator) Gaddafi to keep an eye on people," he said, adding that the company also boasts of capability in surveillance in Hindi and Tamil.

Assange said around six years back when he was involved in research in this field, he had come across information that the Chinese had hacked into CBI's system and was "sucking out" information for its purpose. Such information was being used by some credit and debit card companies as well, he alleged.

"We are giving away an extraordinary degree of our liberty about our life. I don't think one should. Indian sovereignty is directly affected by these companies," he

The 40-year old said during the last US elections in which Barack Obama became president, a major issue was the alleged hacking being done by a prominent multinational telecommunications company of that country.

However, Assange said India with its Right to Information law and transparency was "one of the best" countries on the issue of right of people to know. He rued the comlexity and secrecy resorted to by the surveillance companies and alleged that these firms "fundamentally operate and thrive" outside the rule of law.

They terrorise people into not reporting these instances, convincing them that "the Chinese may invade or the Russians may throw a missile" at India if this was done, he said. In another observation, he said a "transnational elite" was moving close to each other cutting across national and regional barriers.

Assange described countries like US and UK as "totalitarian surveillance states" and maintaned that some regimes were behaving like the erstwhile USSR. He named a German company which sells its surveillance equipment by openly stating it can be used for spying on one's political opponents.

Assange said he has been under house arrest for two days less than a year though no charge has been filed against him. "The process is a punishment," he said.

Names of Indians holding Swiss bank accounts will be out next year: Julian Assange-Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times on Mobile

Why is he worried about RAW's Surveillance?It's for India's security.

ganesh177

Country flag
Will be out, will be out, will be out.
Damn, there is more probability i would sight a alien in my life time than the list names of indian swiss bank account holders.

mayfair

Some big names will be bricking it at this prospect..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles