Joke of Century: China praises ISI for fight against terrorism

jus

Country flag
China on Monday praised Pakistan and its spy agency the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) for their fight against terrorism, all but absolving them of involvement in the recent attack on the Indian consulate in Herat in Afghanistan.

The powerful ISI has long been accused by the Indian government of funding and planning terror attacks in India.

But for the new Chinese special envoy to Afghanistan, Sun Yuxi – who has served in New Delhi, Islamabad and Kabul as ambassador – that's probably not true.

"I think as an agency for the government and the military for Pakistan, ISI has been effective in fighting against terrorism. :lol:As for specific case, I have not been following regional developments for some time but I do believe that Pakistan government or any responsible agency of Pakistan will only fight against terrorism instead of being involved with any terrorist," :laugh:Sun told a special briefing, a day before flying to Kabul on Tuesday for his first series of meetings as the special envoy.

Sun was answering a question on whether the ISI was behind the May 23 attack on the Indian consulate in Heart when four heavily armed militants had attacked the Indian establishment.

During his visit to New Delhi for Prime Minister Narendra Modi's swearing ceremony, Afghan President Hamid Karzai had said that Pakistan-based group, LeT was behind the Herat.

China, which considers Pakistan as its "all-weather friend", has traditionally backed Islamabad strongly against accusations that terror groups from within the country operate with impunity.

"I want to emphasise that terrorism is an international scourge and all governments should shoulder responsibility and fight terrorism. The Pakistani government has done a lot of positive contribution in the fight against terrorism. I believe that in the future, the Pakistan government will also play an important and positive role in the peaceful reconstruction of Afghanistan and fight terrorism together with the international community," Sun said.

Talking about the terror threats in China, Sun said the East Turkestan Islamic Movement (ETIM) was the "most direct realistic terrorist threat facing China".

Members of the shadowy ETIM are said to be active in the restive Xinjiang, bordering Afghanistan in China's northwest, though rights groups say Beijing exaggerates the threat to push through its hardline policies in the remote region.

"The ETIM has received terrorist training from Al Qaeda and has been identified by the UN as a terrorist organisation. So the fight against ETIM is also an integral part of fight against terrorism. In the past, in the fight against ETIM china has cooperated with Afghanistan. In the future we hope to work to all sides including Afghanistan to strike a more heavy blow on ETIM to eradicate this terror," Sun said.

On Afghanistan's future after the withdrawal of US forces, Sun said he was optimistic.

"I am optimistic about the future trajectory of Afghanistan. Fact that US and NATO forces are winding down troops this year speaks partly to relative stability of Afghanistan. As for immediate task and most important task is to achieve reconciliation for all parties and sectors. Only nationwide reconciliation is an effective measure for long term stability. And only when this is achieved will Afghanistan not go to war anymore," Sun said.

China's new Afghan envoy lauds Pak spy agency ISI - Hindustan Times

Jagdish58

Re: Joke of th Century China praised ISI for their fight against terro

What can you hope from -----i??? Name RAW as best intel agency for covert operation in AF PAK & in Bangladesh in 1971?? Nothing to be surprised

rohanvij

Read the true account of the activities of ISI and its role in spreading terrorism across the globe. This book will tell you on how terrorism shifted from West Asia to South and Southeast Asia and Africa, it will reveal that the so called Islamic Terrorism is traceable to Pakistan from concept to reality.

"Inside ISI: The Story and Involvement of the ISI in Afghan Jihad, Taliban, Al-Qaeda, 9/11, Osama Bin Laden, 26/11 and the Future of Al-Qaeda" by S K Datta, EX Cbi Chief. The book is available at Amazon India and Flipkart in Print and eBook format. A must read for everyone.

rohanvij

Read the true account of the activities of ISI and its role in spreading terrorism across the globe. This book will tell you on how terrorism shifted from West Asia to South and Southeast Asia and Africa, it will reveal that the so called Islamic Terrorism is traceable to Pakistan from concept to reality.

"Inside ISI: The Story and Involvement of the ISI in Afghan Jihad, Taliban, Al-Qaeda, 9/11, Osama Bin Laden, 26/11 and the Future of Al-Qaeda" by S K Datta, EX Cbi Chief.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

When the terrorists bite China in Xinjiang, they will thank the ISI I am sure.

Sylex21

You know Pakistan could fix it's economy is one day, if it just concerted it's political policy to a television program. It would be the biggest hit in world history, the number one comedy show of all time. It's like they give away all these free laughs to India and the world, when they could be copyrighting it and charging a premium to watch it.

amoy

Every country has such an agency be it Mossad or ISI. They're doing their job. Its alleged link to the Herat is groundless, up to the moment.

Funny enough such write-up invariably mentions Xinjiang as "restive" and "remote". Quite misleading cliches arent they? Facts being -

1) It's closer to the Chinese heartland than many areas. The military's quick reaction and mobility is ensured with sound infra integrated into the net.

2) its Uyghur minority is around 10 mln, half of the province's population (like nothing vs. India's 180mln), mostly in the south. However restive it is it can be well contained. There may be an unrest in Israel daily but nobody would say Israel is restive.

Compared to CAR neighbours Urumqi is a beacon shoring up regional anti-terrorism combats and development.

Pakistan hints at economic corridor from Gwadar to Kashgar
Special Economic Zone (SEZ) | China in Central Asia

Last edited:
Reactions: Neo

Abhishek Tanwar

ohh ! i can't believe it some previous days china have tarriest attack and they are again licking the foot of pak :frusty:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles