JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Those are old specs based off pt-04 but dates back to 2006.
It is 2013, not 2006.

anyway i believe more.no the world believes more in the official manufacture and AVIC ofcourse for export purpose than an indian
AVIC posts what they want in the future, not the reality of now. Most of the crap at China airshows don't even exist except as models.

Read the interview of PAF official to janes.JFT with IFR will start air refueling trials at the end of this summer.ground tests are already done.

will be a fixed IFR.thanks to a french engineer.
What engineer is that? Making a refueling probe is easy, even Iran did it. :rofl:

made by someone in home,by his own funds
Here is the original story...

Kunal Biswas said:
Pakistan tests first locally-built helicopter

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Wednesday successfully conducted flight of its first locally-manufactured two-seater helicopter.
Three engineers from Rawalpindi Mujibur Rehman, Rehan Janjua and Shakir Ayub,designed the helicopter capable of flying at the height of 17,000 feet with a top speed of 190 kph.
Private sector engineers plan to go for serial production of the helicopter. "We plan to develop the helicopter for ambulance and security operations", said Mujibur Rehman Khan, a retired air force officer.
"Traditional helicopters have a stick-to-head, a mechanical system, so when the pilot moves the stick a mechanical system moves the push-pull rods on the rotor system.
"We have a fly-by-wire system, where the control of the pilot goes into the electronics of the aircraft and then ultimately moves the swash plate or the control rod servos. It's like driving a car with a joystick rather than a steering wheel."
The helicopter has been built at the cost of nine million rupees. "We have a plan to build 80 helicopters, which we intend to sell to public sector forces," he added.

http://arabnews.com/world/article21...14577FA0B2?comment=submitted&postingId=216810

you

again i rather believe in PAF official than a indian origin guy living in france..
As per PAF official interview of march-april to janes confirmed that
majority of the weapons are already integrated including the carrier killer
I am as much Indian as you are French.

we will manage it.JFT will not be affected.worst time is over,new govt is in place,economic recovery path has already begun.

As i said before i rather believe more in a air commodore of PAF than a indian
guy, your economy is in the tank and 40% has been cut from PAF's budget. you can't buy paper clips. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
It is 2013, not 2006.

AVIC posts what they want in the future, not the reality of now. Most of the crap at China airshows don't even exist except as models.
indeed and the reason the latest specs by the official authority are more credible
What engineer is that? Making a refueling probe is easy, even Iran did it. :rofl:
Indeed but one was involved.i will post about him later..initially PAF opted for Grippen IFR(google it) but later a fixed IFR was chosen and they could have contacted france because of there past experience
Here is the original story...
Not funded by GOP officially,

though in close future pak might enter into a JV for a attack helicopter development with south africa

I am as much Indian as you are French.
Well no Mr,Anand
guy, your economy is in the tank and 40% has been cut from PAF's budget. you can't buy paper clips. :rofl:
should not be your concern..indians joys are short lived.and read the latest statement of PAF by visitng the same thread last page.

again not your concern

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
indeed and the reason the latest specs by the official authority are more credible
Okay... lets check the official specs.

WEAPON

As a multi-role fighter, JF-17/FC-1 is featured with large and extensive external stores. It has seven external store stations and max external stores weight of 3600 kg.

China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation - Fighter & Attacker
:laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh:

Indeed but one was involved.i will post about him later..initially PAF opted for Grippen IFR(google it) but later a fixed IFR was chosen and they could have contacted france because of there past experience
If Pakistan has to ask a French engineer to design them an IFR probe, your own industry has serious problems.

Not funded by GOP officially,

though in close future pak might enter into a JV for a attack helicopter development with south africa
Not funded by GoP, but funded and developed by defence engineers and officers. The event of making a gyro-copter spawned print and media coverage when anyone else would be a nobody in his garage. It is quite telling of the lack of engineering skills possessed by Pakistan.

Well no Mr,Anand
Well yes, you are not French and I am not Indian.

should not be your concern..indians joys are short lived.and read the latest statement of PAF by visitng the same thread last page.

again not your concern
It is my concern because your shitty economy is preventing arm sales that effects my stock price.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
The procurement budget of Pakistani Armed Forces (Army, Navy and AF combined) is $1.22 Billion for next financial year. :rofl::laugh:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Okay... lets check the official specs.

:laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh:
Good.and i have posted latest specs from Catic and avic.the source might not be updated from ages.

If Pakistan has to ask a French engineer to design them an IFR probe, your own industry has serious problems.
could be a different reason

Not funded by GoP, but funded and developed by defence engineers and officers. The event of making a gyro-copter spawned print and media coverage when anyone else would be a nobody in his garage. It is quite telling of the lack of engineering skills possessed by Pakistan.
they are not part of GOP.

Well yes, you are not French and I am not Indian.
i am neither of them agreed.but your most probably a indain NRI
It is my concern because your shitty economy is preventing arm sales that effects my stock price.
france dont have anything more to offer to pakistan.

beside this pak is the world 5th largest importer of defence equipments.
it doesnt matter we have the money or not but we are the 5th largest importer with import of more than 6billions dollars

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Good.and i have posted latest specs from Catic and avic.the source might not be updated from ages.
You haven't posted anything. I gave you the officials numbers from CATIC... deal with it.

could be a different reason
No it couldn't.

they are not part of GOP.
So what...

i am neither of them agreed.but your most probably a indain NRI
You are more Indian than I am.

france dont have anything more to offer to pakistan.
True, Pakistan is far too broke to afford next generation arms of France.

beside this pak is the world 5th largest importer of defence equipments.
it doesnt matter we have the money or not but we are the 5th largest importer with import of more than 6billions dollars
Actually, Pak hasn't bought much of anything since 2010. It only imports $1 billion a year minus US aid and 80% of that is Chinese aid.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Indian made SUKHOIs have more composite content than Russian made ones thanks to the tech infusion from LCA tejas program.

India has gone a step ahead of this with close to 100 percent composite skins for tejas mk-1 , which is the latest tech for strealths. the russian designers themselves have acknowledged that, by saying that india already has the tech for making PAKFA fuselage and indians are a advanced enough in this regard".

Last edited:

DivineHeretic

Country flag
Indian made SUKHOIs have more composite content than Russian made ones thanks to the tech infusion from LCA tejas program.

India has gone a step ahead of this with close to 100 percent composite skins for tejas mk-1 , which is the latest tech for strealths. the russian designers themselves have acknowledged that, by saying that india already has the tech for making PAKFA fuselage and indians are a advanced enough in this regard".
It's not just composites where the Indians have managed to pull ahead of the Russians.

The mission computer is another area, a very key area where we have managed to make a name for ourselves. The performance of the mssion computer goes a long way in determining the pweformance of the AESA/PESA radars. Not for nothing have the USAF gone for the most powerful CRAY computer for the F-22.

And its not just AESA where superior processing performance makes an impact. Sensor fusion, the new mantra for warfighting relies on the processing power of the mission computer, in addition to several others, for fast and seamless performance.

As we move ahead, another area where we will eventually overtake the Russians is EW systems, where we are seeing a substaintial increase in funding.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Aviation Industries of China (AVIC) revealed a twin-seat model of its Chengdu Aircraft Corporation FC-1 export fighter at the Paris Air Show 2013.

The single-seat version is co-developed and co-produced by Pakistan, which calls it the JF-17 Thunder. A two seat FC-1 has been contemplated since at least 2004, although AVIC officials would not say when a prototype would appear.

Officials refused to comment directly on the two-seat variant's potential performance other than to say that would be only "slightly less" capable in most parameters.
They said that the twin-seat FC-1 compensated for the loss of fuel space - and related range - that second seat created by using an elevated and enlarged spine that also conferred more stability and allowed for a smaller vertical stabiliser.

The idea of a twin-seat version of the FC-1/JF-17 was first mentioned by a Pakistan Air Force official at a 2004 defence exhibition. Since then Pakistani and Chinese officials have offered conflicting opinions about the program's status: Chinese officials have usually denied or downplayed the program while Pakistani officials have been skeptical about funding.

The appearance of the model at Paris suggests that AVIC sees potential in the program - and that funding has been found. The model in Paris was shown with full weapons outfit. When asked about potential power plants for the FC-1, AVIC officials confirmed that a FC-1 prototype had been flying with a Chinese-designed turbofan engine, but said it was not yet ready for export and that testing would be needed for several more years.

Paris Air Show 2013: Twin-seat FC-1/JF-17 breaks cover - IHS Jane's 360

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Aviation Industries of China (AVIC) revealed a twin-seat model of its Chengdu Aircraft Corporation FC-1 export fighter at the Paris Air Show 2013.

The single-seat version is co-developed and co-produced by Pakistan, which calls it the JF-17 Thunder. A two seat FC-1 has been contemplated since at least 2004, although AVIC officials would not say when a prototype would appear.

Officials refused to comment directly on the two-seat variant's potential performance other than to say that would be only "slightly less" capable in most parameters.
They said that the twin-seat FC-1 compensated for the loss of fuel space - and related range - that second seat created by using an elevated and enlarged spine that also conferred more stability and allowed for a smaller vertical stabiliser.

The idea of a twin-seat version of the FC-1/JF-17 was first mentioned by a Pakistan Air Force official at a 2004 defence exhibition. Since then Pakistani and Chinese officials have offered conflicting opinions about the program's status: Chinese officials have usually denied or downplayed the program while Pakistani officials have been skeptical about funding.

The appearance of the model at Paris suggests that AVIC sees potential in the program - and that funding has been found. The model in Paris was shown with full weapons outfit. When asked about potential power plants for the FC-1, AVIC officials confirmed that a FC-1 prototype had been flying with a Chinese-designed turbofan engine, but said it was not yet ready for export and that testing would be needed for several more years.

Paris Air Show 2013: Twin-seat FC-1/JF-17 breaks cover - IHS Jane's 360
so Chinese engine is less capable then RD 93 engine, Chinese have just drown Pakistani dream of Junk fighter on Chinese engine and taking on best world fighters.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
we will see exports of JFT in hundreds once the ws-13 is mature enough and reliable.

most probably around 2016

The Last Stand

Country flag
Only indian guys dream LCA stealth version. Laugh yourself?
??

What do you mean?

Our stealth aspirations are only PAK-FA and AMCA. We might want LCA stealth version but Pakistani forum guys claim it already has JF-17 "Stealth" Block-II and crap like that.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
??

What do you mean?

Our stealth aspirations are only PAK-FA and AMCA. We might want LCA stealth version but Pakistani forum guys claim it already has JF-17 "Stealth" Block-II and crap like that.
Indian fanboys..many of them are on the forum consider LCA having very least RCS.while on the other hand the quality of finishing LCA suggest that.it has been made off the worst available raw material.and use of composite material is a bluff since HAL/DRDO/ADA can never be trusted

browse the lca vs jft thread..i had posted a detailed analysis along with pics of JFT,Gripen and lca as to why DRDO has fooled the people by the words of using composites in lca

dealwithit

Indian fanboys..many of them are on the forum consider LCA having very least RCS.while on the other hand the quality of finishing LCA suggest that.it has been made off the worst available raw material.and use of composite material is a bluff since HAL/DRDO/ADA can never be trusted

browse the lca vs jft thread..i had posted a detailed analysis along with pics of JFT,Gripen and lca as to why DRDO has fooled the people by the words of using composites in lca
DRDO thrives for quality.. It has alone make standards for Indian Defence .. While many nations (USA,RUSSIA,CHINA) having multiple organizations..
Please don't fell sorry/cry that Pakistan doesn't have one like DRDO...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles