JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
seems like work on jft II is completed and mass production jft 2 is to kick off soon

(google translation)

The Xiaolong aircraft supplementary design through the identification review

Source: AVIC aviation equipment Date :2012 -12-25

December 21st, AVIC aviation equipment "Fierce Dragon" aircraft (weapon II) supplement design qualification review will be held in Chengdu, Sichuan. "Fierce Dragon" Weapons II project is the successful completion of the aircraft and avionics weapons systems to improve the design and testing work, passed a supplementary design qualification review, and has laid a solid foundation to further explore the international market.

枭龙飞机补充设计通过鉴定审查

p2prada

j-10 like hardpoint configuration

mtow should be more than atleast 170,000kg in jft so that it reaches f-16 block 60 in every single aspect
Even if there is an extra zero added, B 60 is over 20 tonnes. You will need CFTs on the JF-17 to match F-16 in every aspect.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
"Ordnance Technology the CM-400AKG CM400AKG, cruising altitude in 50KM, speed of Mach 5.5, you can ignore the PAC3 and Aster 30 interceptor (intercept altitude is not enough), infrared imaging can be used at the end (amazing precision) hit moving targets (aircraft carrier is not blowing, standard missile shot high the intercept CM400AKG) or passive radar-guided anti-radiation missile (in this case do use) CM-400AKG's Cruising Altitude is at a height of 50km., speed 5.5 mach, however PAC3 (interception Altitude 20km ) or Aster-30 (range of fire: 120km, altitude of fire 20km) unable to intercept the CM-400AKG. The IIR Seeker of CM-400AKG has great abilities, The percentage of hits is shocking in test.The 'carrier killer' is not the a for brag Also CM-400AKG with Passive Radar can be a nice ARM (5.5ma)"

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
"Ordnance Technology the CM-400AKG CM400AKG, cruising altitude in 50KM, speed of Mach 5.5, you can ignore the PAC3 and Aster 30 interceptor (intercept altitude is not enough), infrared imaging can be used at the end (amazing precision) hit moving targets (aircraft carrier is not blowing, standard missile shot high the intercept CM400AKG) or passive radar-guided anti-radiation missile (in this case do use) CM-400AKG's Cruising Altitude is at a height of 50km., speed 5.5 mach, however PAC3 (interception Altitude 20km ) or Aster-30 (range of fire: 120km, altitude of fire 20km) unable to intercept the CM-400AKG. The IIR Seeker of CM-400AKG has great abilities, The percentage of hits is shocking in test.The 'carrier killer' is not the a for brag Also CM-400AKG with Passive Radar can be a nice ARM
Aster can't hit it now, but that weapon doesn't exist now so no reason to worry about it. If China ever does make one, the Aster BMD upgrade will take care of it.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Aster can't hit it now, but that weapon doesn't exist now so no reason to worry about it. If China ever does make one, the Aster BMD upgrade will take care of it.
Really?

Confirmation of CM-400AKG

*By PAF Air commodore,THe missile is a mature platform,not conceptional,has been tested,and now a part of JFT operational weapon package@
*Official from the manufacturer company of CM-400AKG.(video in youtube)
*Confirmation of tests by the above magzine.says results were shocking

Since Pakistan already has spada 2000 which itself is 9times superior and 4 times superior by quality to aster(rejected by pakistan in the past)...if spada 2000 cant bring it down than whatever upgrade you may go..the cm-400akg is something different and atleast out of the reach of countries like france

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Really?

Confirmation of CM-400AKG

*By PAF Air commodore,THe missile is a mature platform,not conceptional,has been tested,and now a part of JFT operational weapon package@
*Official from the manufacturer company of CM-400AKG.(video in youtube)
*Confirmation of tests by the above magzine.says results were shocking

Since Pakistan already has spada 2000 which itself is 9times superior and 4 times superior by quality to aster(rejected by pakistan in the past)...if spada 2000 cant bring it down than whatever upgrade you may go..the cm-400akg is something different and atleast out of the reach of countries like france
All I see is more Zhuahi airshow claims. Where is the test footage? Actually I was playing with my phone thinking this was DF-21. Aster 30 BMD can already take care of this phantom.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
All I see is more Zhuahi airshow claims. Where is the test footage? Actually I was playing with my phone thinking this was DF-21. Aster 30 BMD can already take care of this phantom.
In pakistan and china both,tests are not revealed

Though i believe in the manufacturer claim,china's claim and most important PAF air commodore Claim

all of them said the platform is tested

p2prada

Spada 2000 is like Akash SAM. Neither are meant to target such high speed missiles. Missiles like S-300/400, PAD, AAD, PAC-3 etc are overkill against such missiles.

Missiles like Barak-8 and Aster 30 should have excellent capability against such a missile.

I said this once and I will repeat it again, CM-400AKG missile technology is from the 60s.

ice berg

Spada 2000 is like Akash SAM. Neither are meant to target such high speed missiles. Missiles like S-300/400, PAD, AAD, PAC-3 etc are overkill against such missiles.

Missiles like Barak-8 and Aster 30 should have excellent capability against such a missile.

I said this once and I will repeat it again, CM-400AKG missile technology is from the 60s.
And their equivalent in the 60s will be-.....?

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Raduga Kh-15

Operational range: 300 km (160 nmi) (more than Chinese CM-400AKG)
Speed: Mach 5 (similar to Chinese CM-400AKG)
Guidance system : Inertial, Active Radar or Anti-radiation (similar or better, with more options/versatility)

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

if your referring to kh-15 russian than kh-15 entered serve in 1980's(not 1980)

And the KH-15s was developed later which could target moving ships including US navy Aircraft carrier.

And CM-400AKG is smilar to the anti-ship variant aka the KH-15s.though unlike kh-15 the cm-400akg is a hybrid b/w cruise missile and ballistic missiles

p2prada

if your referring to kh-15 russian than kh-15 entered serve in 1980's(not 1980)

And the KH-15s was developed later which could target moving ships including US navy Aircraft carrier.

And CM-400AKG is smilar to the anti-ship variant aka the KH-15s.though unlike kh-15 the cm-400akg is a hybrid b/w cruise missile and ballistic missiles
No, I am not referring to one missile type. I am referring to the technology as a whole. It is a 50s base technology and first missile of this type was inducted in the early 60s.

When you are talking about hybrid cruise/ballistic missile, then you are slightly mistaken about the terms. All the missiles I have named below work the same way in the mode where the highest speed is achieved. The missile is lofted to a high altitude and the warhead is dropped. There will be no difference in the way KH-15 works compared to CM-400AKG.

On the Soviet Union side, google KSR-5; service in the 60s. Then came KH-22 in the 70s. Then came KH-15 in the 80s.

On the US side, google AGM-28; service in the 60s. Then came AGM-69 in the 70s.

The follow up American equivalent to the KH-15 was cancelled because the Americans decided it wasn't needed anymore. Similar to how there is no planned Russian program for missiles of this class. Instead the Russians are moving to scramjet based hypersonic missiles, of course, includes India and even the US.

The real grandfather of this missile class was actually the German V-1s used in WW2. After WW2, the Americans created their own version of V-1 with wings called the SM-64 Navaho. The Soviets had this program called Burya for the same. Both had solid motor + RAMJET and very high range. For the AGM-28, the Americans replaced the RAMJET with a turbojet and called it the AGM-28. Thus the first operational analogue to the CM-400AKG was born.

There is also another missile called the K-10S, quite similar to what we are discussing here.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles