JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yeah sure, JF-17 is better than Tejas according to an exfart who calls Tejas as Teja. LOL. Pakistani unpad awaam
Depends, Block-III is a good aircraft. LCA problem is low production speed.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Depends, Block-III is a good aircraft. LCA problem is low production speed.
It's not the fault of HAL that production rate of Tejas is less, IAF had given small orders for Tejas MK-1 so for a small order like that, a small production rate was expected.

In simple words : Bigger the order, more the production rate, Smaller the order, lesser the production rate.

Upcoming Tejas MK-1A which has been ordered in numbers of 83 will have a higher production rate as compared to Tejas MK-1. I.e Tejas Mk-1A will be produced at a rate of 16 per year.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Jf-17 is the Pakistani bride sold to a Chinese men.

Fcuked by chinkis
Most of the components of JF-17 are Chinese. Pakistanis claim that JF-17 is a joint venture between China and Pakistan but my only question is :

"What has Pakistan Contributed to the development of the JF-17"?

Answer is "LOL"..

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Most of the components of JF-17 are Chinese. Pakistanis claim that JF-17 is a joint venture between China and Pakistan but my only question is :

"What has Pakistan Contributed to the development of the JF-17"?

Answer is "LOL"..

Never saw them advertising their so called components. Even a small MSME in INDIA is supplying components to Sukhoi 30 MKI and Tejas .

For me JF17 is a mystery.

Super Flanker

Country flag
halal green paint
If I am not wrong, PAF pilots acted as consultants in the JF-17 project, these Pilots were F-16 pilots and on the experience of flying F-16 had given advice to the designers/engineers in JF-17 program. Basically they wanted to have their own F-16 type fighter jet.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Block 1 2 not good but block 3 good
How so ?
Would love to know
JF-17 block 1 & 2 were not even as Advanced as LCA Tejas's Prototype but JF-17 block 3 will be a good plane with modern features like AESA Radar, Upgraded sensors, software etc.

JF-17 block 3 is a decent aircraft I would say.

Blademaster

JF-17 block 1 & 2 were not even as Advanced as LCA Tejas's Prototype but JF-17 block 3 will be a good plane with modern features like AESA Radar, Upgraded sensors, software etc.

JF-17 block 3 is a decent aircraft I would say.
Only because of avionics but still that doesn't address the main shortcomings of that plane which is why PLAAF doesn't want that plane at all.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Only because of avionics but still that doesn't address the main shortcomings of that plane which is why PLAAF doesn't want that plane at all.
PLAAF does not have a requirement for JF-17. What will PLAAF do by inducting JF-17 in it's service? Keep in mind that PLAAF is trying to match USAF in all ways possible and a plane like the JF-17 is not suitable for such a Job.

Besides JF-17 is a JV between Pakistan's PAC and China's CAC and JF-17 was developed/designed keeping in mind the following things :

1. A low cost fighter which is a good replacement for Old Mirages in PAF service. Even F-7 if I am not wrong.
2. A low cost complement to the F-16 already in use with Pakistan Airforce.
3. Possible Exports to Airforces who cannot afford high end fighter jets Like Rafale, SU-30, F-16 etc.

It's the same way that Brahmos is a JV between India and Russia but it was designed/developed in mind keeping our own Requirements.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Are they russian made engine or chinese copy ?
Porkies use Russian rd-93 engine which they buy through China
That is China orders for them and potkies pay China thus China pay Russia
Aircraft made in China but assembled in Pakistan

Aliusman

Country flag
PLAAF does not have a requirement for JF-17. What will PLAAF do by inducting JF-17 in it's service? Keep in mind that PLAAF is trying to match USAF in all ways possible and a plane like the JF-17 is not suitable for such a Job.

Besides JF-17 is a JV between Pakistan's PAC and China's CAC and JF-17 was developed/designed keeping in mind the following things :

1. A low cost fighter which is a good replacement for Old Mirages in PAF service. Even F-7 if I am not wrong.
2. A low cost complement to the F-16 already in use with Pakistan Airforce.
3. Possible Exports to Airforces who cannot afford high end fighter jets Like Rafale, SU-30, F-16 etc.

It's the same way that Brahmos is a JV between India and Russia but it was designed/developed in mind keeping our own Requirements.
Finally a sensible reality based analysis rather than fanboy stuff. For us JF-17 is exactly what you mentioned and we are very happy with its progress and serviceability rate.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Finally a sensible reality based analysis rather than fanboy stuff. For us JF-17 is exactly what you mentioned and we are very happy with its progress and serviceability rate.
Yeah but atleast bhramos has many Indian components and being replaced in time being
But Pakistan has no contribution in jf-17 except releasing requirements

Global Defence

New threads

Articles