JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

JHA

The thing is that even if 5 of JF-17 manage to down 1/2 Su-30, their job will be over but this will have a deep impact on morale...Lets be sincere and not behave as a nutcase like some of our neighbors who claim JF17 to be potent enough to down Su-30 .( In a hypothetical situation there is a possibility that they can do this..)..However since not much is known about JF-17, maybe we should finance some of the fighters which our other neighbor (bangladesh ) wants to procure and do an autopsy of this..But considering the pace with which files move in south block this is a distant probability.
So, only solution is procure LCA in hundreds in different batches ..and test them against JF-17 in various air shows (if possible )..

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
So, only solution is procure LCA in hundreds in different batches ..and test them against JF-17 in various air shows (if possible )..
What is the point of that? The LCA's role is to defend our airspace, not invade the airspace of others. For that we have Su-30s, MiG-29s, Jaguars, etc. In an actual war the LCA and JF-17 will most likely NOT meet each other in combat.

gogbot

lets not use the term Junk fighter, I prefer we discuss this in more....emm...civility. How about a few people opt for defending jf-17 just for the sake of discussion...
Heck , why no Being the underdog is fun.

Let me See ,

the JF-17 is Low Cost Platform , with a complementary design.
Easy to manufacture.
Since it has a Low cost base ,it can maximize its strengths on the Platforms Sub-systems , such as Radar , Missiles , EW suit. Essentially making the plane as good as what it carriers

DaRk WaVe

Welcome back and good luck for your day dream :emot112:
You can always care to prove me wrong, Block 15 & JF-17 are comparable, PAF Chief on record has been saying that KLJ-7 is better than APG-66 & of course JF-17 will have BVR capability compared to Block 15

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
The thing is that even if 5 of JF-17 manage to down 1/2 Su-30, their job will be over but this will have a deep impact on morale...Lets be sincere and not behave as a nutcase like some of our neighbors who claim JF17 to be potent enough to down Su-30 .( In a hypothetical situation there is a possibility that they can do this..)..However since not much is known about JF-17, maybe we should finance some of the fighters which our other neighbor (bangladesh ) wants to procure and do an autopsy of this..But considering the pace with which files move in south block this is a distant probability.
What is there to know about JF-17?. It is a fighter with 30 years old air frame design, with a generation behind avionics, a generation behind radar and cheap chinese weapons whose capabilities are nowhere to be known. It is no where near to actually face even LCA-MK1 in its present configuration.

And regarding the costs that PAF gives out is at least 10 year old price. Remember the avionics package that French offered for JF-17 itself was to cost 40 million but that deal fell through. It can cost less only with the junk avionics, radar and weapons supplied by China. If it gets upgraded with western avionics and radar, it will cost easily 30-40 million. Not to mention the fact that Chinese themselves are not inducting FC-1 telling how well Chinese believe in their own fighters.

So far, JF-17 had to satisfy itself by being a static display in a air show rather than flying and showing its capabilities. Tells a lot about its capabilities. In its present form it is nowhere near even touching LCA.

charlie

Country flag
I am yet to see a Pakistani saying that it can take down MKI

it is comparable to F-16A Block 15
ohh dear just take a look around in other forum 95% of pakistani believe that J17 is far more better then Su30 MKI

Country flag
You can always care to prove me wrong, Block 15 & JF-17 are comparable, PAF Chief on record has been saying that KLJ-7 is better than APG-66 & of course JF-17 will have BVR capability compared to Block 15
Do you really think this is true?? An unproven plane with unknown radar,avionics and engine is comprable to a battle tested F-16?? I don't think this plane is even comprable to the Mirages in the Pakistan inventory.KLJ-7 is comprable to APG-66 really?? KLJ-7 has a range of 35-75km but beyond 50km the effectiveness diminshes. APG-66 has a range of 150km. KLJ-7 is a poorly reversed engineered Zhuk Phazotron the early generations from the 1990's. I doubt the Chinese have been successful in doing anything about the overheating problems.

Last edited:

charlie

Country flag
well J17 has a BVR capability and hey they can shoot an aircraft within the range of 100 KM well actually the AARAM range is 120Kms i guess and its not that ever time we will be able to avoid it by using our ECM so ya there is going to be few losses of indian side too and remember just because the radar and avionics is low cost dose'nt make the quality worse it will do it's basic function.

we do have benefits but still you know it's the right man, at the right time is required and well J17 can still be used as a bomber so ya it's completely feasible for pakistan to have aircraft like those

charlie

Country flag
and i am pretty sure that the su30MKi are gonna face F16 block 52 first and then f16S and mirages in case of war

Country flag
well J17 has a BVR capability and hey they can shoot an aircraft within the range of 100 KM well actually the AARAM range is 120Kms i guess and its not that ever time we will be able to avoid it by using our ECM so ya there is going to be few losses of indian side too and remember just because the radar and avionics is low cost dose'nt make the quality worse it will do it's basic function.

we do have benefits but still you know it's the right man, at the right time is required and well J17 can still be used as a bomber so ya it's completely feasible for pakistan to have aircraft like those
This is all fine but it still does not make it a F-16.Being used as a bomber will depend on how effectively it can penetrate airspace another issue all together.

charlie

Country flag
So far Pakistan has received 4 Block 52, this makes them prepared for war??
hey its not that the war is going to happen tomorrow may be a few years later but we can be sure that the war is going to take place after few years by that time i am sure they will have around 20 to 40 F16 block 52 by then and always remember the asian wars are not like european wars we have different type of war senerios the Asian fighter squadrons are smaller and most of the time only 2,4 or 6 aircafts attacks at a time at a place

Country flag
It was in 1982 when Reagan gave Pakistan F-16 they received majority of the delivery around 2005 so it will more or less be the same again, when the Generation is aged and going to be replaced or the production line shut it will possibly be fulfilled. Nobody rushes to give things away.

Last edited:

charlie

Country flag
This is all fine but it still does not make it a F-16.Being used as a bomber will depend on how effectively it can penetrate airspace another issue all together.
well you are right it still dosent make it an F16 hey but its better to have something better then nothing and it's better then mig 21 and may be its not a good dogfigther but still good training can help them to work it out with those aircraft

DaRk WaVe

Do you really think this is true?? An unproven plane with unknown radar,avionics and engine is comprable to a battle tested F-16?? I don't think this plane is even comprable to the Mirages in the Pakistan inventory.KLJ-7 is comprable to APG-66 really?? KLJ-7 has a range of 35-75km but beyond 50km the effectiveness diminshes. APG-66 has a range of 150km. KLJ-7 is a poorly reversed engineered Zhuk Phazotron the early generations from the 1990's. I doubt the Chinese have been successful in doing anything about the overheating problems.
it can be true, whats makes you just reject everything & anything....

It has certainly got BVR capability which has which F-16A lack, there are many platforms which are not battle tested that don't make them low capability, Its not necessary to thrown them into a war & you are forgetting that JF-17s will be replacing Mirages, I can only laugh at Indians ignorance that its worse than Mirage

Country flag
it can be true, whats makes you just reject everything & anything....

It has certainly got BVR capability which has which F-16A lack, there are many platforms which are not battle tested that don't make them low capability, Its not necessary to thrown them into a war & you are forgetting that JF-17s will be replacing Mirages, I can only laugh at Indians ignorance that its worse than Mirage
you are displaying greater ignorance by fooling yourself and trying to convince others JF-17 is comparable to F-16.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Only the americans have over the years made sure it has battle proven weapons as they keep creating wars. This also helps them in creating new doctrines, procedures and also improve weapons after learning from the wars. The idea may be to have everything perfect when WWIII starts.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles