JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

jat

1.Chinese importes 1 sqdrn. Of SU-35 to . its Flankers Arsenal....Mainly due to sea role.To deal with the sea threats...
why? that doesn't make any sense. The J-11ABZ and J-15 are said to be more advanced and have the same specs or even better. China could have bought 50 J-15s for the price of 24 odd Su-35s ontop of that a low RCS fighter like J-20 would have been a better choice for sea role no? It least the RCS is reduced. What advantage does the Su-35 provide besides a greater payload? China already has bombers no?
there Air Marshall consider J-20 as a crown of its all fleet So nothing too
serious in its import...
The Air marshal also swears allegence to CCP first and for most and is also a CCP member. Imagine if the air marshal of the IAF swears allegiance to BJP or congress. If he did that you'd question is professionalism.
Yes so are So right thats our main Magic.The job has done For copying the features of F-16 is so nicely that no one can understand it .Otherwise If we simple Copy and paste the design of fighters.Like Iran has done with F-5 in the manufacturing of its homemade jet Kowsar...There will many industrial moral and illegally building issues...I assure you that jft is built by the Experience of our retired F-16 pilots....
WTF? The Iranians are rebuilding, older frames into what ever they can and passing it off as indigenous. They are cannibalizing those F-5's as far as I under stand unless you can get me a picture of the assembly line.
Also F-16' pilots dont build and assemble and design F-16s. You really need to do more research. Because even knowledgable people know the influence of J-7 on Chinese avaiation industry and aircraft like J-17,J-10,-j8 and may other. Q-5 fanton was a mig-19 rippoff that looks nothing like the mig-19. You can not reverse engineer aircraft from scratch. You may build a prototype but manufacturing is different. THe industrail base of PLAAF fleet was build by ToT of Mig-21 to China.
Even.....the Word "BINGO" written on The HMD of F-16 is copied in the jft
Really? thats full proof of F-16 rippoff. 100%. I mean, despite not having a industrail assembly of a F-16 china made a F-16. WoW.
Well as far as Conformal fuel tanks issue blk(3) three have also many structural changes....even I think the sides of the spine of jft can also be re shapped for this..
PAF requested Chengdu Aircraft corporation for thia......
Sure. We'll see when it happens.
No R-77 can't be interested in their flankers.
BS

Sancho

But Weight effect is not having a great importance
Any additional weight and drag, will impact the flight performance, that's why fighters eject their fuel tanks, before entering air combats for example. The solution for that is, either freing weapon stations, by using CFTs instead of wing fuel tanks, or adding more weapon stations.

P.S. PAFs tankers are not able to boom refuelling, that's why JF17 has a drough and can be refuelled, while F16s can't.

Last edited:

ThorTheRagnarok

why? that doesn't make any sense. The J-11ABZ and J-15 are said to be more advanced and have the same specs or even better. China could have bought 50 J-15s for the price of 24 odd Su-35s ontop of that a low RCS fighter like J-20 would have been a better choice for sea role no? It least the RCS is reduced. What advantage does the Su-35 provide besides a greater payload? China already has bombers no?
The real matter is range!
On sea mission range is the most critical factor.
J-20 is very expensive.
The Air marshal also swears allegence to CCP first and for most and is also a CCP member. Imagine if the air marshal of the IAF swears allegiance to BJP or congress. If he did that you'd question is professionalism.
BS
WTF? The Iranians are rebuilding, older frames into what ever they can and passing it off as indigenous. They are cannibalizing those F-5's as far as I under stand unless you can get me a picture of the assembly line.
Screenshot_25611205_141024.JPG
Screenshot_25611205_141212.jpg
Screenshot_25611205_141204.jpg

ThorTheRagnarok

why?
Also F-16' pilots dont build and assemble and design F-16s. You really need to do more research. Because even knowledgable people know the influence of J-7 on Chinese avaiation industry and aircraft like J-17,J-10,-j8 and may other. Q-5 fanton was a mig-19 rippoff that looks nothing like the mig-19. You can not reverse engineer aircraft from scratch. You may build a prototype but manufacturing is different. THe industrail base of PLAAF fleet was build by ToT of Mig-21 to China.
I said the experienced of retired F-16 which have a sum of 50000 hours of flying it experienced is shared..to building it ....actually jft is tailor made F-16 for PAF
They modify somewhat it for their own way

ThorTheRagnarok

Really? thats full proof of F-16 rippoff. 100%. I mean, despite not having a industrail assembly of a F-16 china made a F-16. WoW.
Yes it is just like J-11 is copy of su-27
J-15 is copy of su-33 J-16 is copy of su-30
J-31 is a copy of F-22

ThorTheRagnarok

I was writing integrated mobile dictionary mistake .....As you know it usually happens......

Well why you were surprised ? About jft
Alover the countries of the worlds do that
Nothing so special... And please don't waste time in disargueing me...What any thing else you want to know about jft please tell And also tell solutions

jat

The real matter is range!
On sea mission range is the most critical factor.
J-20 is very expensive.
lol what? Su-35 isn't? Mind you its not exactly new but the materials are expensive especially when its foreign maal. The range still doesn't make sense. The Flankers provide the same ranges give or take. Even if you extend the range you still have tired pilots so maybe you need 2 pilots to stay in the air for 5 or god forbid more hours in which case you gotta have diapers. So why? Why not a Su-34 that has the range, and a freakin toliet AFIAK? Why not those Tu-16 knock offs with toilets? They have bloody J-15/J-16 and apperantly with AESA and upgrades and they still need to buy Su-35s? I think the PLAAF really knows the limitations of something like the J-20 and radar shaping as it is.
Which part? The part of PLA swearing allegiance to the communist party of China or you questioning the professionalism and merit of any professional rank swearing allegiance to a public political party? FYI, read up on the CCP and PLA.
Production of F-5 In Iran an illegal copy
Just as I said
Well I stand corrected. Iran actually did something that is very hard to do. I surprised they went in this direction. Best of luck to them.
Yes it is just like J-11 is copy of su-27
J-15 is copy of su-33 J-16 is copy of su-30
J-31 is a copy of F-22
Fact, Russia handed license production of Su-27s to China. Its not hard to make changes after that. Hell even India has license production of Su-30s. as far as J-31, we'll know eventually from where they borrow the construction, could be an entiry new line, could be a rework of the FC-1 but we don't know.
I said the experienced of retired F-16 which have a sum of 50000 hours of flying it experienced is shared..to building it ....actually jft is tailor made F-16 for PAF
They modify somewhat it for their own way
That means the end user had feed backs not actually designed it. Its far from a F-16, as you were implying its a F-16.
Well why you were surprised ? About jft
Alover the countries of the worlds do that
Nothing so special... And please don't waste time in disargueing me...What any thing else you want to know about jft please tell And also tell solutions
I'm not suprised about FC-1 i'm just shocked that you haven't managed to learn anything. Your telling me not to waste my time disagreeing with you but wants a reply? Good job. Is that what you want to say? Because it hasn't changed the facts. I been proven wrong about Iran but FC-1 is still a mutilated Mig-21 and remains so regardless with perhaps minor design influences from a mig-33 design and hell maybe a F-16. I'm not even sure why you respond to me, when you do is argue rather than learning something or even learning to question the basics.
You want a reply, here it is. Your perspective has been tinted to one shade and requires a new pair of glasses for you learn something for what is not just on this forum but life in general. You will not always be right, and in fact maybe wrong more often than right. Learn to learn.

ThorTheRagnarok

lol what? Su-35 isn't? Mind you its not exactly new but the materials are expensive especially when its foreign maal. The range still doesn't make sense. The Flankers provide the same ranges give or take. Even if you extend the range you still have tired pilots so maybe you need 2 pilots to stay in the air for 5 or god forbid more hours in which case you gotta have diapers. So why? Why not a Su-34 that has the range, and a freakin toliet AFIAK? Why not those Tu-16 knock offs with toilets? They have bloody J-15/J-16 and apperantly with AESA and upgrades and they still need to buy Su-35s? I think the PLAAF really knows the limitations of something like the J-20 and radar shaping as it is.

Which part? The part of PLA swearing allegiance to the communist party of China or you questioning the professionalism and merit of any professional rank swearing allegiance to a public political party? FYI, read up on the CCP and PLA.

Well I stand corrected. Iran actually did something that is very hard to do. I surprised they went in this direction. Best of luck to them.

Fact, Russia handed license production of Su-27s to China. Its not hard to make changes after that. Hell even India has license production of Su-30s. as far as J-31, we'll know eventually from where they borrow the construction, could be an entiry new line, could be a rework of the FC-1 but we don't know.

That means the end user had feed backs not actually designed it. Its far from a F-16, as you were implying its a F-16.

I'm not suprised about FC-1 i'm just shocked that you haven't managed to learn anything. Your telling me not to waste my time disagreeing with you but wants a reply? Good job. Is that what you want to say? Because it hasn't changed the facts. I been proven wrong about Iran but FC-1 is still a mutilated Mig-21 and remains so regardless with perhaps minor design influences from a mig-33 design and hell maybe a F-16. I'm not even sure why you respond to me, when you do is argue rather than learning something or even learning to question the basics.
You want a reply, here it is. Your perspective has been tinted to one shade and requires a new pair of glasses for you learn something for what is not just on this forum but life in general. You will not always be right, and in fact maybe wrong more often than right. Learn to learn.
My Dear Sir,
Feedback is the correct word for what f-16 pilots did in the construction of jft.

J-20 is not a mature platform until now
That's why mass production of j-20 is on hold.

We use jft in dog fights with F-16 on daily basis.It is no less than F-16 blk50.But somewhat inferior to F-16 blk52+ blk60/62 blk70/72

jft is a system defined by PAF is what a F-16 like system ought to be.

Sir you can consider jft as a mutant between the legacies of both F-16 and mig-33.These both are great dogfighter in there era.

But I assure you that jft blk3 in 2021 when it will launched no less than F-16 blk70/72

ThorTheRagnarok

Not really, F2s are re- designed varient of F16s, with different / larger wings, that's not the case for JF17 B3, nor has that anything to do with the AESA radar, which we were talking about.
Yes sir it will be a re designed version of jft as far as reports are telling.

jat

My Dear Sir,
Feedback is the correct word for what f-16 pilots did in the construction of jft.
agreed.
J-20 is not a mature platform until now
That's why mass production of j-20 is on hold.
It is a young platform but the Su35 is based off a mature platform going on seniority. There is still no excuse to buy Su-35s...unless China received ToT with this purchase which would make sense because a year after, China miraculously had an "indigenous" engine with TVC power a single engineed platform like the J-10 at a airshow. This purchase was most likely to help with development of further advanced aviation technologies with in China, meaning China/CCP was not as advanced as appeared. Just a theory for now, but pieces are falling into place.
We use jft in dog fights with F-16 on daily basis.It is no less than F-16 blk50.But somewhat inferior to F-16 blk52+ blk60/62 blk70/72
I'd be suprised. I thought the F-16 has a decent TWR.
jft is a system defined by PAF is what a F-16 like system ought to be.

Sir you can consider jft as a mutant between the legacies of both F-16 and mig-33.These both are great dogfighter in there era.
I will, but the F-16 has a reliable engine in comparison, and Mig-33 never happened because the Rd-33 engines suck and the Russians didn't want to loose pilots and machines by going single engined with a semi reliable engine designed for a twin engined platform. FC-1, is not a great dog fighter. But still better than the Mig-21.
But I assure you that jft blk3 in 2021 when it will launched no less than F-16 blk70/72
Really. If that doesn't happen you're prophecy will look pretty stupid. Only way this will happen is if the Russians massivly improve the RD-93 and I don't think they are doing that anytime soon. They eventually will, but the T-50s are priority as far as I understand it.
J-16 J-15 J-11 variants are illegal copies go check wiki.
Really? The J-15, J-16 are probably illegal, but that doesn't stop Russians from provided engines and never stopped them from issuing license production for the J-11 in the first place. But those J-11 "copies" would not have happened with out Russian ToT to China in the 90's. Chinese had to buy 200 odd vinialla flankers from Russia before ToT was offered. go check Janes.
Sir as you know there are many things I can't tell you about jft As it is against the rules.
sure.
Yes sir it will be a re designed version of jft as far as reports are telling.
If there is a redesign of the FC-1 with out switching to a bigger engine, it shows the inadequacy of the initial production runs.

ThorTheRagnarok

agreed.

It is a young platform but the Su35 is based off a mature platform going on seniority. There is still no excuse to buy Su-35s...unless China received ToT with this purchase which would make sense because a year after, China miraculously had an "indigenous" engine with TVC power a single engineed platform like the J-10 at a airshow. This purchase was most likely to help with development of further advanced aviation technologies with in China, meaning China/CCP was not as advanced as appeared. Just a theory for now, but pieces are falling into place.

I'd be suprised. I thought the F-16 has a decent TWR.

I will, but the F-16 has a reliable engine in comparison, and Mig-33 never happened because the Rd-33 engines suck and the Russians didn't want to loose pilots and machines by going single engined with a semi reliable engine designed for a twin engined platform. FC-1, is not a great dog fighter. But still better than the Mig-21.

Really. If that doesn't happen you're prophecy will look pretty stupid. Only way this will happen is if the Russians massivly improve the RD-93 and I don't think they are doing that anytime soon. They eventually will, but the T-50s are priority as far as I understand it.

Really? The J-15, J-16 are probably illegal, but that doesn't stop Russians from provided engines and never stopped them from issuing license production for the J-11 in the first place. But those J-11 "copies" would not have happened with out Russian ToT to China in the 90's. Chinese had to buy 200 odd vinialla flankers from Russia before ToT was offered. go check Janes.

sure.

If there is a redesign of the FC-1 with out switching to a bigger engine, it shows the inadequacy of the initial production runs.
My dear Sir,

US has F-22 raptor but it does not stop inducting F/A-18 super hornets and F-15 strike eagle same as
China has J-20 but it inducts su-35 and J-16.

FC-1, is not a great dog fighter. But still better than the Mig-21.
You are contradicting your own statement cuz mig-21 was a great dog fighter.You also had 300+ mig-21s.And mig-21s also fked F-4 phantom.during Vietnamese War.And F-4 although was a good fighter plane! I think!
Correct me if I am wrong!....

Respected Sir,
RD-93 is a "variant" of RD-33 and produced in 2008-2018 for blk 1 and blk 2.Where-ever RD-33 was made for mig-29s in 1980s.Do you really think that there is no difference between the tech of engine making in the era of 1980 and 2018 with a gap of 40 years and also the manufacturing company is mikoyan one of the same level company to Lookheed Martin, Northrop and Boeing???.....

Sir ,
Su-35 is basically a highly advanced variant of Su-27.Far more mature than J-20.

Sir,
We are considering WS-13 and WS-10 there combo.with Thrust Vectoring so that it can perform Combra maneuver falling leaf type stuffs.As you know that.jft is made by Chengdu Air craft corporation the same company which manufacture J-10 and J-20.I don't think it made any degraded plane.b!.....

Why are you so surprised by Iran manufacturing plz tell me?

Last edited:

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
My dear Sir,

US has F-22 raptor but it does not stop inducting F/A-18 super hornets and F-15 strike eagle same as
China has J-20 but it inducts su-30 and J-16.

You are contradicting your own statement cuz mig-21 was a great dog fighter.You also had 300+ mig-21s.And mig-21s also fked F-4 phantom.during Vietnamese War.And F-4 although was a good fighter plane! I think!
Correct me if I am wrong!....

Respected Sir,
RD-93 is a "variant" of RD-33 and produced in 2008-2018 for blk 1 and blk 2.Where-ever RD-33 was made for mig-29s in 1980s.Do you really think that there is no difference between the tech of engine making in the era of 1980 and 2018 with a gap of 40 years and also the manufacturing company is mikoyan one of the same level company to Lookheed Martin, Northrop and Boeing???.....

Sir ,
Su-35 is basically a highly advanced variant of Su-27.Far more mature than J-20.

Sir,
We are considering WS-13 and WS-10 there combo.with Thrust Vectoring so that it can perform Combra maneuver falling leaf type stuffs

Why are you so surprised by Iran manufacturing plz tell me?
The Mig 21 was a very good dogfighter for it's time, but cannot even be considered decent today, due to other fourth gen fighters which have fly by wire, and much better aerodynamically unstable designs taking advantage of it. Secondly, Russian engines, though very powerful, have not proven as reliable as western engines. It's one of the biggest reasons IAF wants to move towards western aircraft even though su30mki has very high performance.

ThorTheRagnarok

The Mig 21 was a very good dogfighter for it's time, but cannot even be considered decent today, due to other fourth gen fighters which have fly by wire, and much better aerodynamically unstable designs taking advantage of it. Secondly, Russian engines, though very powerful, have not proven as reliable as western engines. It's one of the biggest reasons IAF wants to move towards western aircraft even though su30mki has very high performance.
Sir ,
But I were you I will choose F-18 hornet or Eurofighter instead of Rafales

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles