JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

WolfPack86

Country flag
Which radar is the best Thales aesa radar or Elta aesa radar?. When will Uttam radar will be fitted with Tejas last time i heard Uttam radar have been fitted to Tejas and is under testing.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Which radar is the best Thales aesa radar or Elta aesa radar?. When will Uttam radar will be fitted with Tejas last time i heard Uttam radar have been fitted to Tejas and is under testing.
Thales and ELTA both have excellent aesa radars, with better resolution than US 2nd and 3rd gen aesa. Don't brag Tejas in JF17 thread, it's not a vs thread. Uttam is the name of project not of radar under which aesa radars will be developed, the first one for Tejas and the 2nd one for AMCA.

Tejas MK 1A will be more advanced than J-17 Thunder block 3 and with Derby beyond visual range of 100 km and Astra missile range with more than 80 km it can not only shoot down the J-17 Thunder but also J-20 fighter aircraft.:biggrin2::bounce::india:

Okay morning bell rung, now wake up. J20 is threat and a 5th gen aircraft, with bigger and nearly 5times powerful radar, 2 times longer bvr missile than tejas. JF17 is a grub in layman terms but air warfare is far advance than layman thinking.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

jat

for jf 17 it have all type of weapon for air to air and air to ground but their integration still in development stage for eg the bvr missiles s10 incorporated but its effectiveness still in tuning state , but same time jf17 pretty much help full in air to ground mission in environment, where less or none SAM or anti aircraft system present ,as matures gradually, jf17 limitations in its dog fight so it always go in pack's with f16 where f16 take the lion share of job , similarly lca is matured for air policing and interception fighter, even with extended range lca payload limitation keep it as a front line interceptor ( the true mig21 replacement) more than a multi role air craft ..hence lca also have very gud technological achievement and flexibility it can only used in limited deep penetration mode along with su30 mki and other deep penetration aircraft along with tanker aircraft §(current mk1 not up to this job) the flexibility with both lca and jf17 is the both can be used as anti ship maritime petrol role with auxiliary target pods and recon pods becoz both compatible with anti-ship missile lunch , where jf17 anti ship role limited due to its radar and flight control system maturity , lca maritime limited by its range and limitation on available anti ship armaments , thus for both paf and iaf lca and jf17 are medium term stoppage measure where in next decade both air-force moves to fifth generation, mark my wards paf go for j31 v2 conifg and iaf go for su57 ( like mki variant something apart from standard model becoz growing pressure from plaf j20 and paf j30 developments )
The difference thats glaring and unavoidable is the quality control. one received audit reports and a transparent report on progress while the other was pushed into service lacking critical components of 4th generation fighter and even basic facilities. in short, you get what you paid for.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Why would you waste that radar on a Jaguar? It isn't even a fighter, just an old ground attack aircraft.
Will be wasted on 60 Jaguars for Darin III upgrade. Probably the deal is before of sanctioning the radar so ELM2052 will be procured in nos for those Jaguars.

kamaal

Country flag
Not fitted on Tejas yet, the radar has some heat related issue also.

Only ground test has begun plus LCA will require more power to test Uttam.

Sancho

Day by day Pakistan adding new weapons in its inventory. It's J-17 Thunder block 3 is comparable to F-16 block 52 and Gripen D fighter aircraft.
That's the point about it, freeing them from the US restrictions on weapons and capabilities, but JF17 remains a light class fighter too, which means it lacks space and numbers of hardpoints like medium class F16s for example. Their F16s can still carry higher loads to longer ranges, while JF17 can carry a larger variety of weapons to shorter ranges.

An F16 for example could be used to penetrate into India during strike missions. While a JF17 can launch longer range weapons from their own air space for strikes.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Has Pakistan bought ITT Exelis Defensive EW POD for its F16 bl52 fleet.

niku456

True Paik of Ahom Kingdom
Calm down "internet warriors". You do know that even twin-seaters have one pilot in control at any one time, right?

Aslam Imran was credited with the flight, even though there was another officer on-board.

If i meant to be INTERNET Warrior then what are you? Samurai, Viking, Turks or something else. Are you not using Internet For Accessing Web. You Are Just a Disguised Pakistani. Trying to pass as your Master "Chinese". You are trying to prove Junk Fighter 17 as some alien Technology. Nothing can came close to it...But in reality the Nation from which it originated afraid to induct them in their air force. Can you explain me why PLAAF is not inducting a single Junk Fighter in their Fleet. Instead They are going for Russian planes. Chinese are just dumping these jets in Pakistan at throw away prizes.Chinese are trying to recover some amount of their investment.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Things are going well for JF17 as it seems...

Some Malaysian talks to a guy at the Paki stand and it is suddenly JF-17 Blunder flying off the shelf.

However, the anonymous official stressed that no serious talks have started yet.

Kalki_2018

Country flag
Malaysia is in trouble after US refuse F-18 and they are getting rid of twin engined Mig-29's cause of cost. A cheap low tech single engined fighter like Bandar can actually help make up numbers. It's not like Malaysia is going to fight any serious wars in the near future. If they had the money then Gripen -C/D may have been considered.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Malaysia is Muslim majority country, what else people here didn't notice is the formation of an all Islamic military alliance. Malaysia may very well buy it because ... oh well in the name of Islam and If I am correct 50 Mill dollar per piece ... that's a steal price, now why would Malaysia won't buy it.

If Malaysia get's the JF17 Blunders.... I am afraid it would start a sell chain reaction within Muslim nations.

PS: I've no hate for Muslims, I am just trying to paint a big picture.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Very soon J-17 Thunder to be powered by Chinese WS-13 engine as well as Chinese improving KLJ radar. I saw in PDF forum and discussing is go on.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles