JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

Pandora

Country flag
My post from mulla ********** pk pakkak.......What a dolt you are..123 is on order .. BTW single engine from abroad is to full fill the gap which will be created after 2019 with retirement of mig 27 and mig 21 all variants.
Focus on Jf17 mate ,just heard frm chacha abdul that evey month there is spurt in emergency landing of jf17 due to malfunction in flight controls and engine. :p Not to mention the pathetic availablity of Jf17 which is less than 30% .Ask your nearby chacha in airforce, they will give exact details

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Nowhere in the video, i saw an HMS/+D. Is this still due after complete induction of two successive blocks? Chinese HMS not up to the mark or what?

In contrast, Tejas MK-1 is flying with HMSD (along with potent R-73s) from day-1.

Kalki_2018

Country flag
JF-17 is a barely 3rd gen fighter. Why are you insulting pakis by comparing with LCA? Even chinese agree its not a direct competitor for LCA. Its geared towards african countries whose AF cannot afford western or even Russian aircrafts, like Zimbabwae.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
JF-17 is a barely 3rd gen fighter. Why are you insulting pakis by comparing with LCA? Even chinese agree its not a direct competitor for LCA. Its geared towards african countries whose AF cannot afford western or even Russian aircrafts, like Zimbabwae.
Not comparing just wish to know why (if so) PAF is flying JF-17s for so long without getting this crucial piece of avionics which will prove a definite handicapped during any WVR engagement?

I had put the Tejas into pic just to put contrast to the situation. Which is to say, if Tejas MK-1 engages JF-17 in WVRAAM the latter won't stand a chance. DASH HMSD with R-73--which has excellent off boresight lock capability-- allows a Tejas MK-1 pilot to get a lock and shoot even during or just past 'merge'. Tejas pilot does not even have to get try getting behind a fighter like JF-17 in said case.

SELVAM

I doubt this junk is able to fire bvraam. all the videos paf making is with duplicate missiles. They r still trying to integrate bvraam in this junk 10 years after induction.

J20!

Country flag
Remember the KLJ-7A AESA radar from the 2016 Zhuhai airshow?

Recent stills from a CCTV report show the radar being tested aboard an AVIC Y7 based airborne radar test-bed.

NRIET's KJ7A display at the 2016 Zhuhai Airshow:

The Nanjing Research Institute of Electronic Technology's (NRIET's) KLJ7A AESA is a development of the KLJ7 mechanical scanning radar that currently features on the JF17 Block I and II. All things considered, the Block III JF17 will most likely sport this AESA.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Remember the KLJ-7A AESA radar from the 2016 Zhuhai airshow?

Recent stills from a CCTV report show the radar being tested aboard an AVIC Y7 based airborne radar test-bed.

NRIET's KJ7A display at the 2016 Zhuhai Airshow:

The Nanjing Research Institute of Electronic Technology's (NRIET's) KLJ7A AESA is a development of the KLJ7 mechanical scanning radar that currently features on the JF17 Block I and II. All things considered, the Block III JF17 will most likely sport this AESA.

Aircooled variant of AESA, for jf17 and j10 b/a .

J20!

Country flag
If the assembly takes up the entire nose of a Y-7 it doesn't look like they will be putting it on a fighter anytime soon.
Whatever you say my Indian friend. It gets tedious pointing out basic logic to you, so I'll let you figure out how ridiculous your post is by yourself.

J20!

Country flag
Aircooled variant of AESA, for jf17 and j10 b/a .
The latest production J10 variant, the J10C already fields an AESA radar.

It bares no visible resemblance to the KLJ7A. Plus the KLJ7A is still being tested, whilst 50+ J10C's have already been produced and are in service.

This air-cooled KLJ-7A AESA is most probably geared towards the JF17 Block 3 and the export market in general. It was on display at the Zhuhai airshow...

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
The latest production J10 variant, the J10C already fields an AESA radar.

It bares no visible resemblance to the KLJ7A. Plus the KLJ7A is still being tested, whilst 50+ J10C's have already been produced and are in service.

This air-cooled KLJ-7A AESA is most probably geared towards the JF17 Block 3 and the export market in general. It was on display at the Zhuhai airshow...
J10 A and J10B, Not J10C

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

J20!

Country flag
J10 A and J10B, Not J10C

Noted. But why would the PLAAF opt for the KLJ7A instead of the AESA already installed on the J10C?

The J10C's AESA looks like a development of the PESA on the J10B, why not just upgrade instead of installing a completely different model:

J10B

J10C

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Noted. But why would the PLAAF opt for the KLJ7A instead of the AESA already installed on the J10C?

The J10C's AESA looks like a development of the PESA on the J10B, why not just upgrade instead of installing a completely different model:

J10B

J10C
Bro i'm talking about the radars on j10A and J10B current radar which are meant to be replaced by air cooled aesa radar

J20!

Country flag
Bro i'm talking about the radars on j10A and J10B current radar which are meant to be replaced by air cooled aesa radar
You're not getting what the underlying point of my post.

If the J10B and J10A/S variants are to get radar upgrades to AESA level, why would they use the KLJ7A still in testing instead of upgrading to the already proven AESA radar already in service with the J10C ?

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
You're not getting what the underlying point of my post.

If the J10B and J10A/S variants are to get radar upgrades to AESA level, why would they use the KLJ7A still in testing instead of upgrading to the already proven AESA radar already in service with the J10C ?
They have limitations as per some reports, and were suggested to get air cooled performance

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles