JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

blue marlin

Its our first jet. We are learning. Inducting of fighter doesn't indicate its prowess or are you saying MiG-21 is superior to your daddy's J-20?
my j20?. no. my eurofighter typhoon is going just fine and out tornadoes are in need of retirement. and we await delivery of our f35b. the same cant be said for he indian air force though. shame

rohit.gr77

my j20?. no. my eurofighter typhoon is going just fine and out tornadoes are in need of retirement. and we await delivery of our f35b. the same cant be said for he indian air force though. shame
Well that eurofighter of yours was beaten by the MKI in 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 1 combat by the Indian Air Force MKIs. God knows how long you'll will have to wait for those F-35Bs.:crazy:

blue marlin

Well that eurofighter of yours was beaten by the MKI in 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 1 combat by the Indian Air Force MKIs. God knows how long you'll will have to wait for those F-35Bs.:crazy:
we already got 4 in the US and there used for training. and the eft that was against the mki was the tranche 1. put it up against the tranche 3 with tv and the eap and it will even have the su35. the RAF does not care about winning some exercise. it wanted to know the mki's capabilities and it pushed it. to it limits so it more on the RAF gain and your loss.

The enlightened

Dude, your false-flagging here would have some value if any of us believed you. I am a member on PDF and I've seen your posts there. You ain't fooling no one.

rohit.gr77

we already got 4 in the US and there used for training. and the eft that was against the mki was the tranche 1. put it up against the tranche 3 with tv and the eap and it will even have the su35. the RAF does not care about winning some exercise. it wanted to know the mki's capabilities and it pushed it. to it limits so it more on the RAF gain and your loss.
Poorly placed arguments like a typical delusional Paki. Don't think that you can fool people over here by using false flag. If the typhoon wasn't tranche 3 then even the Indian MKI wasn't the Super Sukhoi upgraded MKI.

blue marlin

Dude, your false-flagging here would have some value if any of us believed you. I am a member on PDF and I've seen your posts there. You ain't fooling no one.
if you really have seen my post on pdf then you would know i have the same issue of false representation on there as well. admin checked my ip to confirm im from the uk

blue marlin

Faking IP's isn't really an art. And there do exist Asian British. Once again stop with the pretence. You stink Pakistani.
i cba with with using a proxy. my isp is slow and a proxy just slows it down to the point that it's not worth using it. yes there are British Asians mainly from the south Asian commonwealth countries in the uk. well pointed out there. some of my best friends are indians and pakistani.

whats your pdf profile name? have i replied to you ?

Al_Asad_Al_Mulk

Think Tank Analyst
i cba with with using a proxy. my isp is slow and a proxy just slows it down to the point that it's not worth using it. yes there are British Asians mainly from the south Asian commonwealth countries in the uk. well pointed out there. some of my best friends are indians and pakistani.

whats your pdf profile name? have i replied to you ?
Bhai these indians .... on defense ok enjoying good hospitality but here even they are not listening a reasonable argument.

Neo

Bhai these indians .... on defense ok enjoying good hospitality but here even they are not listening a reasonable argument.
Apni gali ka kutta bhi khud ko sher samjhta hai. Yahan har koi sher vana hua hai...lol

niku456

True Paik of Ahom Kingdom
Well in JF17 we are learning from scrath. In TOT China can cancel the TOT license but in case of JF it can not

JF17 airframe is alot better than F7
Junk fighter 17 is hybrid of mig 21 and mig 29 airframes.

niku456

R
No tankers have been inducted. They aren't coming until late 2010 and even then they will be 25 years old.

250 sounds like a nice number but they are going to be the backbone of PAF and a weak backbone at that. With up to 130-180 MMRCAs, 60 MiG-29SMT and 280 Su-30MKIs coming into IAF, this JF-17 fleet will be nothing but target practice.

Pakistan should have held out for straight induction of J-10 and ordered more F-16s if they really wanted to get serious.
That's right sir, we should compare junk fighter with our mig21s. MKI vs jft will be over kill.

niku456

Don't underestimate it, may be its not an 4th generation fighterplane but still its good and according to the requirements of Pakistan airforce both technically and economically.

As far as operating 5th generation planes is considered, not even more than 10 countries (USA, Russia, India and other probables are France, China, UK, Germany, Japan, Italy if you don't consider JSF as truely 5th gen. fighterplane) will be operating a 5th generation fighterplanes out of total 198 countries of the whole world even after two decades. And if you consider JSF as 5th gen then may be 20 to 25 countries, that means less than 15%.
Mate,u forgot about turkey...they have a 5th gen aircraft program too.

rockey 71

1.JF-17 Thunder is neither a junk nor a blunder. For a first time in the industry, Pakistan must be commended. Yes there were issue in Blk-G which is being rectified in Blk -II. Now they are on to Blk-III.

2. Pakistan's advantages are several. It gets total cooperation from China. It has lerant and assimilated much from Western air forces. And the work is done in total air force environment. There is no civilian organization, bureaucracy or finance/audit nuisance to bother them. The people overseeing the production are end users - which is a great advantage.

Yumdoot

Don't underestimate the power of a JF-17 Bunder :p.

Arre yaar, we call it names because we just have to irritate you. Otherwise we Indians have loved the Mig-21 and JF-17 is an adaptation of Mig-21. It may not be as good as you say, but it is good enough to be taken seriously.

But you have to realize the product that IAF nearly rejects (LCAs) is of a level that Ex-IAF test pilots admit is far superior to Mig21s and even Mirages. Hell even the Americans agreed that the F-16 flies better with LCA control laws.

So there has got to be a limit to what you can do with JF-17 without getting molested like those Typhoons, recently.

And mind you the Mig29s represent just as stiff a challenge as Sukhois albiet in the WVR combat.

Mirage upgrades have made them very relevant even in the air to air regime.

Jags were always very good in attack roles and seriously doubt if the JF-17 would better the upgraded Jags in that role.

So in ultimate analysis, what the hell is the pain about.

On my part i agree JF-17 is a good buy for Pakis. Probably even for Bangladeshis. But there are limits.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
1.JF-17 Thunder is neither a junk nor a blunder. For a first time in the industry, Pakistan must be commended. Yes there were issue in Blk-G which is being rectified in Blk -II. Now they are on to Blk-III.

2. Pakistan's advantages are several. It gets total cooperation from China. It has lerant and assimilated much from Western air forces. And the work is done in total air force environment. There is no civilian organization, bureaucracy or finance/audit nuisance to bother them. The people overseeing the production are end users - which is a great advantage.
It's just better than their f-7's and nothing else.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles