JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

tejas warrior

Country flag
Ok, found it. As per wiki
JF-17 Thunder Unit cost Block 1: US$~25 million & Block 2: US$~28 million (estimated)

And LCA mk-1 US$~32 million.

I will say, not a big difference.

tejas warrior

Country flag
kithooo?? from where???? i am also emotional like you but in this case its better to admit the biggest blunder of HAL and DRDO the arjun and LCA
Tejas have been inducted in IAF on 17 January 2015. We may induct Tejas in large numbers but still induction date will be always 17 January 2015.

And Arjun mk1 outgunned T-90 in trials and Arjun mk2 is in trials. If Chinese praises it.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...es-indias-arjun-tank/articleshow/47863591.cms

Can't help if you don't want to accept facts.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
kithooo?? from where???? i am also emotional like you but in this case its better to admit the biggest blunder of HAL and DRDO the arjun and LCA
LCA Tejas as an output even in current state is good to compete with our neighbors Is it a ultimate weapon "No" will Tejas Mk2 be better "Yes".
As far as blunder are concerned Arjun as well as Tejas are just not blunders from the project point of view (Product is good) but also IA and IAF.
They have contributed a lot in the dreadful outcome of there project , delays and what not.

Tejas have been inducted in IAF on 17 January 2015. We may induct Tejas in large numbers but still induction date will be always 17 January 2015.

And Arjun mk1 outgunned T-90 in trials and Arjun mk2 is in trials. If Chinese praises it.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...es-indias-arjun-tank/articleshow/47863591.cms

Can't help if you don't want to accept facts.
Tejas what I can say here that MK1 versions are great but there is always a urge for something better .
MK2 versions might fulfill those urges though I doubt IA and IAF will let is grow.
Fingers crossed....

Yumdoot

JF-17 is good for Pakistan. Their requirement does not go beyond making it difficult for India to attack.

LCA, on the other hand has to ultimately blossom into a product that will insure India against foreign pressure in future. Remember what the Americans did to Iranian F-14 and France did to Argentine Exocet. The extraordinary degree to which India and China go to adapt foreign tech available off the shelf is because the suppliers cannot be relied upon on strategic issues. That is why DRDO in India and umpteen labs in China get such strong support from their respective governments. At times even tactical level help is not enough so again a detailed growth path needs to be framed in advance. LCA kind of programs are meant for this kind of path. Something that is not expected off JF-17.

Pakistan does not have these 'trust' issues. It can simply latch on to US or China or whoever wants to negotiate with India. They will not let Pakistan falter.

rockey 71

Has anyone seen any confirmation that Pakistan has sold this aircraft to anyone? Even Burma? Reports coming out of air shows are not accurate always.

The enlightened

Has anyone seen any confirmation that Pakistan has sold this aircraft to anyone? Even Burma? Reports coming out of air shows are not accurate always.
On PDF, this place has already been sold to Sri Lanka, Nigeria, Argentina, Laos, UAE, Saudi Arabia et cetera.

rohit.gr77

Burmese rejected JF-17 and went for MiG-29
There was a thread also recently here on DFI

blue marlin

Argentina rejected jf17 lufunder to kafir of Israel [emoji23][emoji23][emoji15][emoji15][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji15]
so when will lca be fully operational? because its been like since 1970's from when the project was launched and it still not operational. why? also i found th jf17 quiet successful as the jet is already inducted and got an export order already. will india export the lca?

Reactions: Neo

The enlightened

so when will lca be fully operational? because its been like since 1970's from when the project was launched and it still not operational. why? also i found th jf17 quiet successful as the jet is already inducted and got an export order already. will india export the lca?
Its our first jet. We are learning. Inducting of fighter doesn't indicate its prowess or are you saying MiG-21 is superior to your daddy's J-20?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles