JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Su-35>Mig-29M>J-10a>Jf-17
Whats that supposed to mean? J10 or JF17 cant be compared to any of the above u stated, let alone be ranked alongside. They are not mature platforms, the J17 being the least developed, i mean its current config is not satisfactory to rank it along any of the above.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Let me complete the list-

Su-35>Mig-29M>J-10a>Jf-17>F-22>SU 30 MKI>Rafale>Typhoon...
Let me fix your list...

F-22>RafaleF4>TyphoonBlk3A>Su-35BM>Su-30MKI>MiG-29SMT>J-10A>JF-17

fulcrum

Country flag
That is a greater than sign, if I'm not wrong. It(8>3) means 8 holds more weight than 3. It doesn't necessarily mean progressive numbers. What on earth made you think it was a ranking covering all the fighters. It is the current top fighters, in each class, of Russia and China stated for export, since Lethal Force was taking about the Chinese Fighters and Russian ones.

Last edited:

DaRk WaVe

Pakistan starts production of avionics for JF-17 Thunder jet

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Friday successfully launched the production project of avionics for the fighter jet (JF-17 Thunder) at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Kamra.

Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, speaking as chief guest on the historic occasion, said, "a strong air force is essential for our nation's survival; therefore, self-reliance for PAF (Pakistan Air Force) is an important factor. Today's ceremony is an important step in this direction."

He expressed satisfaction that significant progress had been made in achieving national objective of attaining self-reliance in defence industries.

He commended the management, airmen and civilians of PAC for their devotion and dedication towards this project of national importance and urged them to continue this journey with added zealand zest.

Earlier, PAC Chairman Air Marshal Farhat Hussain Khan presented an appraisal of the JF-17 avionics programme activities.

He said the generic production and testing facilities had been established at Kamra Avionics and Radar Factory where, besides the Chinese avionics, four indigenously designed and developed avionics systems were also being produced.

He informed that the production scope would be progressively broadened to include the production of complete JF-17 avionics suite at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex.

Secretary of Defence Production, Members of JF-17 Board of Directors, Principal Staff Officers of Pakistan Air Force and representatives from the Chinese aviation industries attended the ceremony.

Last edited:

Agantrope

Emo could make us clear whether JF-17 fired a live BVR (atleast normal A2A) missile?

A.V.

adux has pointed this earlier 4-5 months back that the JF-17 has never fired a live missile because all the tests were done on practical dummies, these dummies are exact look alikes and are used by all the forces that was almost 5 months back i dont know how much it has changed since then ...i think certain aspect of testing is still being carried out

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I dont think much has changes, Its not that easy to design and make a battle worthy fighter aircraft in 10 months and all. You need much more time to Perfect it. The JF17 is the first of its kind fighter, in a way that it was designed,developed, and inducted in the blink of an eye, no one ever attempted something of this sort. So, there is a limit to what should be expected. We ll have to wait for some more time to see the JF17 fire BVRs I guess.

The JF17s were used against the TTP or something I heard in the wild west, what were they using? Free fall bombs?

DaRk WaVe

The JF17s were used against the TTP or something I heard in the wild west, what were they using? Free fall bombs?
JF-17 were used only in recent exercises not against TTP.....

unguided weapons are not a feasible option in populated areas, so they always use guided weapons for strikes against TTP...

Agantrope

there is no official confirmation or evidence of JF-17 firing an SD-10
It mean it havent fired one. Then people would have beat the trumphets to show the victory.

But i still dont know why PAF is in a hurry to acquire this AC, it has gone with a blink of eye from first flight to mass-production

DaRk WaVe

anyways they are also saying that in addition to Chinese Avionics (KLJ-7 etc) four indigenously designed and developed avionics systems were also being produced :)

we are still to know what exactly these four systems are

Agantrope

anyways they are also saying that in addition to Chinese Avionics (KLJ-7 etc) four indigenously designed and developed avionics systems were also being produced :)

we are still to know what exactly these four systems are
But even chinese rejected that rite. Why is PAF running behind this like anything?

Last edited by a moderator:

DaRk WaVe

But even chinese rejected that rite. Why is PAF running behind this like anything?
Chinese rejected KLJ-7??? or they rejected J-11Bs with Chinese Engine...........

in its present form JF-17 is just a replacement for aging fleet & more of a test bed

Last edited by a moderator:

charan

Err..a newbie question.Can anybody tell me the range of LCA and Jf-17...be it radar or missiles.

Agantrope

Chinese rejected KLJ-7??? or they rejected J-11Bs with Chinese Engine...........

in its present form JF-17 is just a replacement for aging fleet & more of a test bed
They rejected both, JF-17 will be used a jet trainer for PLAAF

Global Defence

New threads

Articles