JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

SilentKiller

Country flag
Any update on orders for JF-17?
and update on Block 2 fighter, seems like pakistan is having trouble in both as i read somewhere that china is not supporting as before on JF-17

Dazzler

rumors, interested delegations can be seen in pics i posted above, Argentina and Azerbaijan are very interested, Argentina is negotiating for a probable license manufacturing assembly line, supposedly under designation "Pilqui-2" if i remember correctly. Project is as it was i.e on track, PT-04 (WS-13) and 06 (RD=93M) are being tested for weapons/ sensors and engines, blk 1 is done, last aircraft is to be delivered by december end. PAC Kamra is re-tooled for blk 2, first lot is under construction as of now.

Defcon 1

Country flag
rumors, interested delegations can be seen in pics i posted above, Argentina and Azerbaijan are very interested, Argentina is negotiating for a probable license manufacturing assembly line, supposedly under designation "Pilqui-2" if i remember correctly. Project is as it was i.e on track, PT-04 (WS-13) and 06 (RD=93M) are being tested for weapons/ sensors and engines, blk 1 is done, last aircraft is to be delivered by december end. PAC Kamra is re-tooled for blk 2, first lot is under construction as of now.
So how many finally delivered in blk 1?

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
With tejas achieving IOC after stringent testing by IAF most of the interested delegations for JF-17 have

another robust choice for a much better modern fighter that is going to be fielded in hundreds by IAF and Indian Navy

with capabilities to fire all kind of Russian missiles along with 120 Km range Astra in future,

a 120 Km tracking range for 2 sq meter target -doppler MMR radar in mk-1 itself which also has a Terrain hugging mode for sea level intrusion at high speeds,

ASEA radar as mid life upgrade ,

with much higher thrust to weight ratio

better sustained and instantaneous turn rates

along with an in flight refueling probe facilitating buddy refueling leaving all range restrictions irrelevant.

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Broadsword
ADA has also briefed Business Standard that the Tejas Mark II would have more fuel capacity for added range; a retractable mid-air refuelling system; a DRDO-built Airborne Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar; world beating air-to-air missiles; an on-board oxygen-generating system, and a state-of-the-art Electronic Warfare (EW) suite to confuse enemy radars and sensors.
So this is the competition for JF-17 in international markets.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Rumors suggest that JF-17 is fitted with pathbreaking, world's first stealth device which is designed by the Chinese with specific Paki Air Force 'inputs' and can make JF-17 invisible even in visible spectrum.

Truly Stealth onlee. :D

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Defcon 1

Country flag
Rumors suggest that JF-17 is fitted with pathbreaking, world's first stealth device which is designed by the Chinese with specific Paki Air Force 'inputs' and can make JF-17 invisible even in visible spectrum.

Truly Stealth onlee. :D

Dude. There are separate threads for trolling. Leave this one alone.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Dude. There are separate threads for trolling. Leave this one alone.
Stop trolling dude.
This thread is to discuss JF-17's technology, performance and rumors. There are separate thread for such off-topic posts (please search the members corner).

Dazzler

With tejas achieving IOC after stringent testing by IAF most of the interested delegations for JF-17 have

another robust choice for a much better modern fighter that is going to be fielded in hundreds by IAF and Indian Navy

with capabilities to fire all kind of Russian missiles along with 120 Km range Astra in future,

a 120 Km tracking range for 2 sq meter target -doppler MMR radar in mk-1 itself which also has a Terrain hugging mode for sea level intrusion at high speeds,

ASEA radar as mid life upgrade ,

with much higher thrust to weight ratio

better sustained and instantaneous turn rates

along with an in flight refueling probe facilitating buddy refueling leaving all range restrictions irrelevant.

You do have a fascination with Tejas i can see, but the thread title suggests otherwise. You can speculate all you like in Tejas thread :D

Dazzler

That means 3rd sqdn. has been raised isn't it?
apparently no, all blk 1 aircrafts are distributed in 2 sqdrns, 16th and 26th, almost 24-25 pieces respectively. But one more sqdrn may be raised by reducing both current ones later.

Some at Kamra are used for FTE (flight test and evaluation), modificaion/ integration purposes for future batches too.

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag
apparently no, all blk 1 aircrafts are distributed in 2 sqdrns, 16th and 26th, almost 24-25 pieces respectively. But one more sqdrn may be raised by reducing both current ones later.
Any special requirement for this kind of arrangement?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles